Remember when kids wanted a pony?
还记得你的孩子何时曾想要匹小马么?
Today your tween wants a smartphone.
今天你的小宝贝想要的是一部智能手机。
You were hoping this conversation could wait until high school.
你曾经希望这样的要求起码也要到他们高中阶段才会出现吧。
But you've given in to your child's contradictory pleas for both greater independence and more connectivity with friends.
但身为家长的你已经屈服于他们想拥有更多独立空间及友情陪伴这种自相矛盾的请求下。
A smartphone can make it easier to track your kid's whereabouts.
一部智能手机可以轻而易举的追踪到你孩子的位置。
And it will introduce them to a technology they'll need to learn eventually.
而且它还推送给将他们以后肯定涉及到的技术知识。
Unfortunately, other people can also track your kids.
不幸的是,其它人也能因此跟踪到你孩子的位置。
And the technology can become a distraction or endanger their privacy.
并且这项技术也能使小孩们注意力涣散或者威胁到他们的个人隐私。
So a company called KD Interactive is marketing a smartphone for youngsters that makes it easier for parents to set parental filters and strict guidelines for use.
所以一家名为KD互动的公司正在营销推广一种面向青少年的智能手机,不仅可以通过家长们的简单操作执行过滤模式而且对一些功能的使用也有严格的指导要求。
The Kurio smartphone will let parents specify time slots when the phone can be used.
这款智能手机使得家长们可以详细的安排手机使用时运行程序的时间段。
It keeps a log of who your child is texting, chatting with and calling.
它可以对你的孩子和谁发信息,和谁聊天打电话这类事情进行记录。
You can also create a master list of approved apps the phone can download.
你也能制作出手机可下载并允许使用的应用程序的主菜单。
And your kid can send you an SOS message by pressing the Kurio's power button repeatedly.
而且你的孩子还可以通过重复按下手机上的电源键发送SOS紧急救援短信给你。
You'll be able to pony up for the smartphone starting this summer.
这款智能机或许会在今年夏天上市。