Woman: John - I’ve just heard the company is moving out of these offices. I can’t believe it!
女:约翰,我刚听说公司要搬出这些办公室。我简直不敢相信!
Man: It’s true. They made the final decision yesterday.
男:这是真的,他们昨天做的决定。
Woman:Who did?
女:谁决定的?
Man: Um well...
男:嗯...嗯...
Woman: There wasn't a board meeting yesterday, was there?
女:昨天没开董事会,不是吗?
Man: I don't think so. A vote was actually taken by all the heads of departments.
男:开了。实际上,所有部门的负责人都进行了投票。
Woman: Ah so it wasn’t just Finance saying what should happen.
女:啊,所以说不只是财务方面在说应该怎么做。
It usually is . . . And where are we going? I like it here.
通常是……我们要去哪里?我喜欢这里。
I don’t want to move my whole family to a new city none of us knows.
我不想全家搬到一个谁都不认识的新城市。
Man: You won’t have to. We’re not moving far away. We’re only going to Kenton ...
男:不会这样的,我们不会搬得太远,只搬去肯顿……
Woman: Kenton?
女:肯顿?
Man: You know, that new development.
男:你知道的,就是那个新发展起来的城市。
You must have noticed all the new building work going on, off the main road just as you come into the city.
你一定已经注意到所有的新建筑工程都在进行之中,就在你刚进城的时候,它们还都不在主干道上。
Woman: Oh yes I’ve read about it. Is everyone who works here going, do you know, John?
女:哦,是的,我读过这方面的内容。约翰,是在这里工作的人都去吗?
Man: Almost everyone, you know, Finance, Sales, Public Relations ...
男:差不多所有人吧,金融、销售、公共关系……
Woman:Aha, so I will be going.
女:啊,那么我也要去了。
Man: Yes, though Customer Services are staying in the city centre for another year...
男:是的,不过客服会在市中心再待一年……
Woman:... so the public know where we are ...
女:……这样公众就知道我们在哪里…
Man: Exactly. Fiona, it’s going to be great. It’s going to be much better there.
男:没错,菲奥娜,会很棒的,那里情况会好得多。
Woman: In what way? There’ ll be a better place for us to have lunch, I hope.
女:从什么角度来看呢?希望有一个更好的地方吃午饭。