Five: What is the man going to order?
五:这位男士要预订什么?
Man: Hello, Peggy, here are the catalogues I borrowed yesterday.
男:你好,佩吉,这是我昨天借的商品目录。
Woman: Oh, thanks, Sam. Did you find a filing cabinet you liked?
女:哦,谢谢你,萨姆。你找到喜欢的文件柜了吗?
Man: Yes, this one . . . I’m going to phone the order through now.
男:找到了,就是这个……我现在要把订单打过去。
I like the desks as well -I don't need a new one, unfortunately!
我也喜欢这些桌子,不过我现在不需要换一个新的!
Woman: And what about the computer chairs?
女:那电脑椅呢?
Man: Yes, they look really comfortable. Maybe another time!
男:是的,看起来很舒服。或许下次有机会吧!
Six: What is the reduction in the company's exports?
六:公司的出口下降了多少?
Man: The sales figures aren’t good, are they?
男:销售数据不好,是吗?
Woman: No. Down by 8%. Exports are the problem... they're down by about 9% because interest rates have gone up again and the pound is so high.
女:是的,下降了8%。出口是个问题……下降了9%,因为利率又上升了,英镑居高不下。
Woman: So what are interest rates now?
女:那么现在的利率是多少?
Man: 7%,I hope they don't go up again.
男:7%,希望不要再涨了。