Woman: Yes, the middle managers I interviewed commented that they'd like training to cover more specialist areas.
是的,和我面谈的中层管理人员表示,他们想让培训涵盖更多的专业领域。
To be honest, though, I think they're involved in such a lot of training of new and existing junior staff
但是,老实讲,我觉得他们参与了新的和现有的初级员工的大量培训,
that they don't fully appreciate the benefits of receiving training themselves.
以至于他们没有充分认识到自己参加的培训的好处。
Man: Mm... could be challenging for us then.
对我们来说可能是个挑战。
Woman: Yes. Whilst welcoming the efforts of senior management,
是的。欢迎高层人员的努力。
one of the marketing managers I spoke to was quite open about his and his colleagues' views...
和我交谈的一个市场经理对他和他的同事的观点相当坦率...
he made the point that there was a widespread feeling that the motivation behind this new programme wasn't clear.
他指出,人们普遍认为,这个新课程背后的动机并不明确。
They thought it might be used as a way to assess their performance.
他们觉得这可能被用作评估他们表现的一种方式。
Because of that, they hadn't been able to make up their minds either way about whether they were in favour.
因为这个原因,他们无法确定自己是否赞成这个课程。
Man: OK, well, let's think about the content of the programme.
好吧,让我们考虑一下这个课程的内容。
Woman: Right, well we must include sessions on the areas they've actually asked for.
好的,我们必须得包括他们要求的领域的课程内容。
Let's have a look... customer care and presentation techniques were certainly on their list.
让我们看一下...客户服务和表达技巧肯定在他们的清单上。
Man: Didn't some of them mention negotiating skills as well?
他们中的一些人也提到谈判技巧了不是吗?
Woman: OK, let's kick off with what they identified as their priority areas- so we could do presentation techniques this time round
好的,让我们从他们确定的优先领域开始-所以这次我们可以做演讲技巧,
and then put forward a proposal for sessions on negotiating skills and customer care and anything else they might want in the future.
然后提出一个关于谈判技巧、客户关怀和他们未来可能想要的领域的内容的建议。
Man: That sounds good. We'll go with that.
听起来不错。我们就按这个实行吧。
Woman: We should have more chance like that of fitting in with people's availability.
我们应该有更多的机会来适应人们的时间。