Man: I was speaking to someone down in the Finance Department last week
上周,我和财务部的人谈过了
and they were talking about holiday allowance and flexible working,
他们在讨论假期津贴和弹性工作制,
and I couldn't believe how different their allocations were.
我认为他们的津贴不会改变。
For the last five years, management have been saying how they were working for equality between departments,
在过去的五年里,管理层一直在说部门之间要平等,
but I think a great deal more needs to be done.
但我认为要实现这一点还任重而道远。
I think it's really bad for inter-departmental relations.
我认为这对处理好部门间的关系非常不利。
Man: Joe Frank here.
乔·弗兰克。
Thanks very much for your letter.
非常感谢您的来信。
We 're still very interested in this new software of yours,
我们仍然对你们的新软件甚感兴趣,
but we shall need a bit more time to consider,
但我们需要更多的时间来考虑,
and perhaps some hands on experience with it.
也许有些人有过这样的经历。
So this next meeting of ours will be crucial - I hope the nineteenth is still suitable?
那么,我们下一次会议将至关重要——我认为第十九个很合适,
Shall we expect you for lunch, before we get down to business at two o'clock as arranged?
在两点钟开工之前,一起吃个午饭,可以吗?