Man: Sara, can you bring me up to speed with the production situation?
莎拉,你能告诉我生产情况吗?
We've had a few problems, haven't we?
我们遇到了一些问题,是吗?
Woman: Yes, we had technical problems on the assembly line,
是的,我们的装配线出现技术问题,
and on top of that, prices of the plastic components have rocketed,
最重要的是,塑料部件的价格飞涨,
and because of that we 're about to increase the prices of our goods which won't please our customers.
因此,我们将提高产品的价格,顾客对此会不满意。
Man: Surely everyone's affected, not just us?
每个人都会受到影响,不仅仅是我们吧?
Woman: Yes, but we should have made agreements with our suppliers to sell only to us, like many of our competitors do.
是的,但是我们应该像我们的许多竞争对手一样,和供应商达成协议,让他们只卖给我们,
We missed out there.
这个问题被搁置了。
Man: Why was that?
为什么呢?
Woman: I suggested it at the monthly team meeting, but they thought there was no rush.
我在团队月会上提出了这个建议,但他们认为不着急。
I tried bringing it up at the focus meeting, but we didn't get round to it.
我试着在中心会议上提出这个问题,但没有抽出时间。
Man: Well, it's time we did.
好吧,是时候提上议程了。
What else?
还有什么?
Woman: We had to recall all products made last month because of defective casings.
因为外壳缺陷,我们不得不召回上个月生产的所有产品。
This was because we simply did not have enough skilled operators,
这是因为我们没有足够的熟练操作员,
although the earlier problems with missing machine parts had already been resolved.
早些时候机器零件丢失的问题已经解决。
So we're back on track now.
现在我们步入了正轨。
Man: I'm glad to hear it.
听到这个消息我很高兴。
Thanks.
谢谢。