Seventeen
十七
Woman: Has this happened to you?
你遇到过这种事吗?
You've paid a small fortune to have a kitchen installed.
你花了一大笔钱安装厨房。
The fitters have gone, you switch on the dishwasher, and the next thing you know, the kitchen's flooded.
装配工离开,你打开洗碗机,接着厨房被淹了。
Our award-winning company has a twenty-four hour phone service,
我们这家获奖公司提供24小时
seven days a week, with a reply guaranteed (by real people) within three minutes.
1周7天的电话服务,三分钟内就会得到人工回复。
And if it's an emergency with one of their appliances, an engineer is out to you on the same day.
如果他们的某个设备出现紧急情况,当天就会有工程师上门服务。
Service like this is rare these days.
这样的服务现在很少见。
Eighteen
十八
Woman: My feeling is that we should leave aside VSB's offer.
我感觉我们应该把VSB的提议搁置一边。
It's obviously very competitive - way below the others.
虽然很明显,它很有竞争力——远低于其它国家。
But how do we know they'd complete the project on time and to the required standard?
但是我们怎么知道他们会按时完成项目并且质量达标呢?
They're a small company. Would they have the skilled labour or equipment?
他们是一家小公司,会有熟练工人或设备吗?
We could request references from former customers, I suppose.
我想,我们可以让之前的客户给我们推荐一下。
That'd mean putting off the decision and personally I have very little confidence in recommendations - they're easily 'manufactured'.
这意味着先不做决定,而且就我个人而言,我对推荐几乎没有信心——有很大的人为因素在里面。
Let's look at the other companies.
我们再看看其他公司吧。