Woman:Hello. This is Alison in Head Office.
你好,我是总公司的艾莉森。
Man:Oh, hello.
噢,你好。
Woman:The CEO has asked me to contact you about the memo you sent everyone yesterday ...
总裁让我和你联系一下关于昨天你发给大家的备忘录……
where you asked for comments on the bid you've just put together - for Stratford Electronics.
你要求大家对你刚刚提出收购斯特拉特福德电子公司报价的评论。
Man:Oh, right.
哦,好的。
Woman:Well he's very happy with it on the whole, but does think the introduction is rather lengthy and includes more statistics than are necessary.
总的来说,他很满意,但是他认为这个介绍确实有点长,里面有包含了很多不必要的数据。
Man:No problem, I can shorten it easily.
没问题,这个很容易缩短。
Woman: And most of the contents of the actual bid are fine, but you do refer to the annual report which won't be out until May.
实际投标的大部分内容都很好,但你参考了年度报告,这个报告要到5月份才会出来。
Man:Oh, right... I'll get rid of that.., yes.
哦,是的……我会去掉的…
And I was thinking there's enough with the section on the existing contracts we have,
我觉得我们现有合同条款已经够了,
so I could take out the stuff on the new contracts ... the ones we're about to start.
所以我会拿出新合同……我们将从新合同开始。
Woman:In fact, he specifically said that he thought mentioning them was a very good selling point.
事实上,他有特别说道提及这些是很好的卖点。
Man: OK.
好。
Woman:And he'd like you to have something in your concluding remarks about the growth in overseas sales, not just the stuff on domestic markets.
他希望在结束语中你能谈到海外销售的增长,而不仅仅是国内市场的增长。
Man:Yes, I was wondering about that.
是的,我也在想这个。
Woman:And that's all really. Easy to adjust I think.
就这些了。我觉得很容易调整。
Man:OK, well thank the CEO for looking at it. It's very helpful.
好的,谢谢首席执行官,非常感谢。