Woman: Yes, that's true. But Nottingham has lost nearly a million in the six months
是的,没错,但是过去的六个月里,诺丁汉已经损失了将近一百万,
and we can't afford to keep absorbing that kind of loss.
我们承受不起这样的损失。
I really think we should close it down as soon as possible and liquidise our assets.
我真的认为我们应该尽快关闭并清算资产。
It's on a prime site, which would be worth a lot to developers.
这里是黄金地段,对开发人员来说非常有价值。
I don't even think it's worth trying to sell it as a going concern to one of our competitors.
我甚至认为没有必要再继续经营。
Man: Isn't that rather short-sighted?
那不是目光短浅吗?
The same thing's happening everywhere.
这种事情很常见。
It's always the service industries which are hit first when people are worried about job security.
说到工作保障,人们首先担心的总是服务业。
And before you say that the centres are looking outdated and that consumer tastes and fashions have changed,
在你说这些中心过时了,消费者的品味和时尚已经改变之前,
I've done my homework and the consumer surveys show that people would still come if they had the money.
我做了调查,据消费者的调查显示,如果人们有钱,他们还是会来的。
Woman: That's not the only reason, James.
这不是唯一的原因,詹姆斯。
And the bottom line is, the Board are pushing me to improve figures now.
事实是,董事会现在正敦促我提升业绩。
We're falling behind the competition, and if we keep Nottingham open,
现在,我们的竞争力下降,如果继续经营诺丁汉,
we'll need a major change in our image.
企业形象需要大改。
A good advertising campaign might bring in more customers while we're running it,
一个好的广告活动可能会在运营的时候带来更多的顾客,
but at best it'd just be a short-term solution.
但这充其量只是一个短期解决方案。