Melania Trump is skipping the traditional tea at the White House tomorrow, reportedly snubbing an invitation from First Lady Dr. Jill.
梅拉尼娅·特朗普将不会参加于明天在白宫举行的传统茶会,据报道,她拒绝了第一夫人吉尔·拜登博士的邀请。
According to reports, Melania is still furious about the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago back in 2022.
据报道,梅拉尼娅仍对联邦调查局在2022年对海湖庄园的突袭感到愤怒。
"Jill Biden's husband authorized the FBI snooping through her underwear drawer. She ain't going."
“是吉尔·拜登的丈夫授权联邦调查局搜查了装有梅拉尼娅的内衣的抽屉。所以她不会去茶会的。”
Last month, Melania made clear on Fox & Friends she's not over it.
上个月,梅拉尼娅在《福克斯和朋友们》节目中明确表示,她还没有放下这件事。
"So how invasive was that? Did it make you angry? How did you feel?"
“那是有多大的侵犯性?这让你很生气?你当时感觉如何?”
"Yeah, it made me angry. Yes, invasion of privacy."
“是的,确实让我很生气。是的,侵犯隐私。”
Today, the White House press secretary was asked about the apparent snub.
今天,白宫新闻秘书被问及了关于这次明确的拒绝的话题。
"Can you confirm whether or not Mrs. Trump has accepted Dr. Biden's invitation to come to the White House?"
“你能证实特朗普夫人是否接受了拜登博士来白宫的邀请吗?”
"Don't have any updates or we don't have any scheduling updates to give."
“没有任何新消息,我们没有任何时间表更新可以提供。”
Back in 2016, the Trumps met with the Obamas, Melania and Michelle exchanged gifts and sip tea, but that's not happening this year.
在2016年,特朗普一家见了奥巴马一家,梅拉尼娅和米歇尔还交换了礼物,喝了茶,但今年这一幕不会发生了。