手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第116期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 琼恩(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

But he was a man of the Night's Watch, he had taken a vow.

不,我是守夜人的汉子,我发过誓。

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.

我将不娶妻,不封地,不生子。

He had said the words before the weirwood, before his father's gods.

我在鱼梁木、在父亲的神灵面前发下誓言,决不能反悔…

He could not unsay them… no more than he could admit the reason for his reluctance to Tormund Thunderfist, Father to Bears.

而我也不能向这位“生灵之父”雷拳托蒙德承认我的勉强。

"Do you mislike the girl?"

“你不喜欢那女孩?”

Tormund asked him as they passed another twenty mammoths, these bearing wildlings in tall wooden towers instead of giants.

他们又经过二十头长毛象,托蒙德问他。这批长毛象驮的不是巨人,而是高高的木塔,其中有野人。

"No, but I…"

“不是的,可我…”

What can I say that he will believe?

我说什么他会信?

"I am still too young to wed."

“我太年轻,不能结婚的。”

"Wed?" Tormund laughed.

“结婚?”托蒙德哈哈大笑,

"Who spoke of wedding?

“谁说结婚?

In the south, must a man wed every girl he beds?"

难道在南方,男人必须跟每个上床的女孩结婚吗?”

Jon could feel himself turning red again.

琼恩感到自己又脸红了。

"She spoke for me when Rattleshirt would have killed me.

“叮当衫要杀我时,她替我说话,

I would not dishonor her."

我不能损害她的名誉。”

"You are a free man now, and Ygritte is a free woman.

“你已经是自由民了,耶哥蕊特也是。

What dishonor if you lay together?"

你们想睡就睡,哪有不名誉呢?”

"I might get her with child."

“我会让她怀孩子的。”

"Aye, I'd hope so.

“对啊,但愿如此。

A strong son or a lively laughing girl kissed by fire, and where's the harm in that?"

生一个强壮的儿子,或者活泼欢笑的女孩,火吻而生,再好不过了么?”

Words failed him for a moment.

他不知该怎么说。

"The boy… the child would be a bastard."

“那孩子…那孩子会是个私生子。”

"Are bastards weaker than other children?

“莫非私生子比其他孩子更虚弱?

More sickly, more like to fail?"

更容易得病?更容易夭折?”

"No, but --"

“不,可——”

"You're bastard-born yourself.

“你自己就是个私生子!

And if Ygritte does not want a child, she will go to some woods witch and drink a cup o' moon tea.

若耶哥蕊特不想要,自会去找森林女巫,讨一杯月茶。

You do not come into it, once the seed is planted."

种子播下以后,别的你就不用管了。”

"I will not father a bastard."

“我绝不会在外面生什么私生子。”

Tormund shook his shaggy head.

托蒙德摇摇满头乱发,

"What fools you kneelers be.

“你们爱下跪的南方佬真蠢,

Why did you steal the girl if you don't want her?"

你既不想要她,干嘛又要偷她?”

"Steal? I never…"

“偷?我没有…”

"You did," said Tormund.

“没有?”托蒙德道,

"You slew the two she was with and carried her off, what do you call it?"

“你杀了她身边的两个人,并把她带走,这不叫偷叫什么?”

"I took her prisoner."

“她是我的俘虏。”

"You made her yield to you."

“想清楚,是你要她向你投降。”

"Yes, but… Tormund, I swear, I've never touched her."

“没错,可…托蒙德,我发誓,我没碰她。”

"Are you certain they never cut your member off?"

“他们真的没把你那话儿割掉?”

Tormund gave a shrug, as if to say he would never understand such madness.

托蒙德耸耸肩,仿佛在说自己永远也不能理解这种愚行。

"Well, you are a free man now, but if you will not have the girl, best find yourself a she-bear.

“好吧,你是自由民,如果不想要女人,最好替自己找头母熊。

If a man does not use his member it grows smaller and smaller, until one day he wants to piss and cannot find it."

男子汉是不能老放着他那话儿不用的,那样它会越变越小,直到有一天,你想尿尿,却找不到它了。”

Jon had no answer for that.

琼恩无言以对。

Small wonder that the Seven Kingdoms thought the free folk scarcely human.

难怪七大王国的人认为自由民简直不是人。

They have no laws, no honor, not even simple decency.

他们没有法律,没有荣誉,甚至连基本的道德准则也没有。

They steal endlessly from each other, breed like beasts, prefer rape to marriage, and fill the world with baseborn children.

他们相互间无休止地偷窃,像野兽一样繁殖,崇拜强暴无视婚姻,到处产下私生子。

Yet he was growing fond of Tormund Giantsbane, great bag of wind and lies though he was.

可不管怎么说,他发现自己渐渐喜欢上了巨人克星托蒙德——尽管他是个名副其实的吹牛大王——

Longspear as well.

还有长矛里克,

And Ygritte… no, I will not think about Ygritte.

耶哥蕊特…不,不要去想耶哥蕊特。

Along with the Tormunds and the Longspears rode other sorts of wildlings, though;

跟托蒙德和长矛他们一起骑行的还有其他各种各样的野人:

men like Rattleshirt and the Weeper who would as soon slit you as spit on you.

有的像叮当衫或哭泣者一样讨厌,不止朝他吐唾沫,还很乐意捅他一刀;

There was Harma Dogshead, a squat keg of a woman with cheeks like slabs of white meat,

狗头哈犸是个木桶般粗壮的女人,脸颊像两块厚厚的白肉,

who hated dogs and killed one every fortnight to make a fresh head for her banner;

她最恨狗,每隔两周杀一条,并把新鲜狗头挂在旗上做标志;

earless Styr, Magnar of Therm, whose own people thought him more god than lord;

无耳的斯迪是瑟恩的马格拿,他的族人把他当神看待,而不仅仅是首领;

Varamyr Sixskins, a small mouse of a man whose steed was a savage white snow bear that stood thirteen feet tall on its hind legs.

“六形人”瓦拉米尔,老鼠一样的小个头,他的座骑是凶猛的白色雪熊,

And wherever the bear and Varamyr went, three wolves and a shadowcat came following.

后腿直立起来足有十三尺高,他身边还跟了三匹狼和一只影子山猫。

Jon had been in his presence only once, and once had been enough;

琼恩只见过他一次,

the mere sight of the man had made him bristle,

一次就足以让他毛骨悚然,

even as the fur on the back of Ghost's neck had bristled at the sight of the bear and that long black-andwhite 'cat.

连白灵看到那头熊和黑白相间的大山猫时,也竖起了颈毛。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
presence ['prezns]

想一想再看

n. 出席,到场,存在
n. 仪态,风度

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
banner ['bænə]

想一想再看

n. 旗帜,横幅,大标题
adj. 特别好的,

 
lively ['laivli]

想一想再看

活泼的,活跃的,栩栩如生的,真实的

联想记忆
yield [ji:ld]

想一想再看

n. 生产量,投资收益
v. 生产,屈服,投降

 
squat [skwɔt]

想一想再看

n. 蹲 adj. 蹲著的,矮胖胖的 v. 蹲下,坐

联想记忆
savage ['sævidʒ]

想一想再看

adj. 野性的,凶猛的,粗鲁的,荒野的
n.

联想记忆
slew [slu:]

想一想再看

n. 沼地,极多,回转 n. 大量,许多 v. 使转,扭

联想记忆
decency ['di:snsi]

想一想再看

n. 得体,礼貌,体面
(复数)decenci

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。