手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第92期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(03)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

It did not surprise him that Varys knew.

太监知道这点他不奇怪。

"No, it's not wise, it's bloody madness.

“对,这不是明智之举,简直称得上疯狂。

I want to see her one last time, before I send her away.

但我想见她最后一面,之后再把人送走,

I cannot abide having her so close."

因为我实在受不了离得这么近,却不能和她亲热。”

"I understand."

“我理解。”

How could you?

你怎么可能理解?

Tyrion had seen her only yesterday, climbing the serpentine steps with a pail of water.

提利昂昨天刚见过雪伊,当时她正提着水桶攀爬螺旋梯。

He had watched as a young knight had offered to carry the heavy pail.

一个年轻骑士前来帮忙,

The way she had touched his arm and smiled for him had tied Tyrion's guts into knots.

她触碰他的手臂,还朝他微笑,提利昂见了肠子打结。

They passed within inches of each other, him descending and her climbing, so close that he could smell the clean fresh scent of her hair.

他和她擦肩而过,仅隔几寸之遥,他往下走,她向上攀,鼻孔里是她头发的清香。

"M'Iord," she'd said to him, with a little curtsy, and he wanted to reach out and grab her and kiss her right there,

“大人,”她一边说,一边屈膝行礼,他心里好想伸手抓她,当场亲吻,

but all he could do was nod stiffly and waddle on past.

但现实中却只能僵硬地点头,蹒跚着走开。

"I have seen her several times," he told Varys,

“我见过她几次,”他告诉瓦里斯,

"but I dare not speak to her.

“但不敢说话。

I suspect that all my movements are being watched."

我怀疑自己所有的行动均受到监视。”

"You are wise to suspect so, my good lord."

“好大人,您这么怀疑就对了。”

"Who?" He cocked his head.

“谁?”他抬起头。

"The Kettleblacks report frequently to your sweet sister."

“凯特布莱克兄弟经常向您可爱的姐姐汇报您的情况。”

"When I think of how much coin I paid those wretched… do you think there's any chance that more gold might win them away from Cersei?"

“该死,我付给这三个卑鄙小人多少金子…你认为,我有没可能用更多钱把他们收买回来?”

"There is always a chance, but I should not care to wager on the likelihood.

“机会总是存在,但如果我是你,不会把宝押这上面。

They are knights now, all three, and your sister has promised them further advancement."

他们仨都当骑士了,而且令姐许诺他们继续晋升。”

A wicked little titter burst from the eunuch's lips.

太监唇边泛起一抹坏笑。

"And the eldest, Ser Osmund of the Kingsguard, dreams of certain other… favors… as well.

“最年长的那个,御林铁卫的奥斯蒙爵士,还梦想其他形式的…宠爱…咯咯。

You can match the queen coin for coin, I have no doubt, but she has a second purse that is quite inexhaustible."

太后陛下每提供一个铜板,您也可以相应加价,这点我不怀疑,但她有一个资源,您无论如何都做不到。”

Seven hells, thought Tyrion.

七层地狱啊,提利昂心想,

"Are you suggesting that Cersei's fucking Osmund Kettleblack?"

“瑟曦找奥斯蒙?凯特布莱克出轨?”

"Oh, dear me, no, that would be dreadfully dangerous, don't you think?

“噢,天哪,我可没这么说,这是多可怕的事,您不觉得吗?

No, the queen only hints… perhaps on the morrow,

不过呢,太后陛下只需略微暗示…或许明天,

or when the wedding's done… and then a smile, a whisper, a ribald jest…

或许等婚礼结束…一次微笑,一声低语,一句猥亵的俏皮话…

a breast brushing lightly against his sleeve as they pass… and yet it seems to serve.

不经意间用胸部蹭蹭他的袖子…就够了嘛。

But what would a eunuch know of such things?"

唉,说到底,这些事情,太监怎会懂呢?”

The tip of his tongue ran across his lower lip like a shy pink animal.

他的舌尖象一只害羞的粉红动物,滑过下嘴唇。

If I could somehow push them beyond sly fondling, arrange for Father to catch them abed together…

假如我能设法让他们逾越调情的界限,并安排父亲捉歼在床…

Tyrion fingered the scab on his nose.

提利昂摸摸鼻子上的伤疤。

He did not see how it could be done, but perhaps some plan would come to him later.

他想不出该怎么做,也许将来会有计划。

"Are the Kettleblacks the only ones?"

“监视我的只有凯特布莱克兄弟?”

"Would that were true, my lord.

“真那样就好啦,大人,

I fear there are many eyes upon you.

恐怕有许多双眼睛在注视您哟。

You are… how shall we say? Conspicuous?

您…怎么说好呢?十分引人注目,

And not well loved, it grieves me to tell you.

而且我必须很难过地承认,您不大受人爱戴。

Janos Slynt's sons would gladly inform on you to avenge their father,

杰诺斯 史林特的儿子们很乐意为父报仇,

and our sweet Lord Petyr has friends in half the brothels of King's Landing.

还有咱们亲爱的培提尔,君临城内一半妓院都有他的朋友。

Should you be so unwise as to visit any of them, he will know at once, and your lord father soon thereafter."

假如您笨到造访其中任何一家,他便会知道,然后您父亲大人也会知道。”

It's even worse than I feared.

比我担心的更糟。

"And my father? Who does he have spying on me?"

“我父亲呢?他派谁来监视我?”

This time the eunuch laughed aloud.

这回太监大笑出声。

"Why, me, my lord."

“哈哈,那个嘛,就是我啊,大人。”

Tyrion laughed as well.

提利昂也跟着笑。

He was not so great a fool as to trust Varys any further than he had to --

他并非傻瓜,决不信任瓦里斯——

but the eunuch already knew enough about Shae to get her well and thoroughly hanged.

但太监光现下了解的情报就足以弄死雪伊,而他却没有说,显然还有余地。

"You will bring Shae to me through the walls, hidden from all these eyes.

“我要你通过秘密通道把雪伊带来,做到神不知鬼不觉,

As you have done before."

和以前一样。”

Varys wrung his hands.

瓦里斯绞住双手。

"Oh, my lord, nothing would please me more, but…

“噢,大人,能为您效劳,我乐意之极,可是…

King Maegor wanted no rats in his own walls, if you take my meaning.

您听我解释,梅葛王不希望自个儿楼中隔墙有耳,

He did require a means of secret egress, should he ever be trapped by his enemies, but that door does not connect with any other passages.

当然啰,为预防被困,确实留下一条秘密通道,但这条通道不与任何别的通道相连。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
ribald ['ribəld]

想一想再看

adj. 说话猥亵的,下流的 n. 说话猥亵的人

联想记忆
waddle ['wɔdl]

想一想再看

vi. 蹒跚而行,摇摇摆摆地走 n. 摇摆的步子,蹒跚

联想记忆
whisper ['wispə]

想一想再看

n. 低语,窃窃私语,飒飒的声音
vi. 低声

 
inform [in'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 通知,告诉,向 ... 报告,告发

联想记忆
likelihood ['laiklihud]

想一想再看

n. 可能性

联想记忆
wicked ['wikid]

想一想再看

adj. 坏的,邪恶的,缺德的
adv. 极端

联想记忆
arrange [ə'reindʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 安排,整理,计划,改编(乐曲)
vi.

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
suspect [səs'pekt]

想一想再看

n. 嫌疑犯
adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的<

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。