手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第85期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 詹姆(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“Let me have a taste o’ that gold.”

“让我尝尝金子。”

The man took one of the coins from her palm and bit it.

男人从她掌心攫过一块金币,咬了咬。

“Hm. Real enough, I’d say. Three dragons and the skiff?”

“嗯,不错不错,十足真金。那么,三块金龙加上小船?”

“He’s robbing you blind, wench,” Jaime said amiably.

“他敲你竹杠呢,妞儿。”詹姆亲切地说。

“I’ll want provisions too,” Brienne told their host, ignoring Jaime.

“我还要足够的食物,”布蕾妮不理詹姆,继续和主人攀谈,

“Whatever you have that you can spare.”

“有什么要什么。”

“There’s more oatcakes.”

“我有燕麦饼。”

The man scooped the other two dragons from her palm and jingled them in his fist, smiling at the sound they made.

男人把剩下的两枚金币一把捞过,捏在手中揉搓,陶醉在它们发出的声响里,

“Aye, and smoked salt fish, but that will cost you silver.

“呃,还有熏腌鱼——这个得用银币付帐,。

My beds will be costing as well.

床位也一样

You’ll be wanting to stay the night.”

你们该要住一宿吧?”

“No,” Brienne said at once.

“不,”布蕾妮毫不含糊。

The man frowned at her.

男人皱起眉头,

“Woman, you don’t want to go riding at night through strange country on horses you don’t know.

“女人,你该不会想骑着一匹陌生的马,深夜在荒山野地游荡吧?

You’re like to blunder into some bog or break your horse’s leg.”

那才傻咧,刚买的马要么陷进泥潭,要么就是摔断腿。”

“The moon will be bright tonight,” Brienne said.

“今晚月光足够,”布蕾妮说,

“We’ll have no trouble finding our way.”

“我们找得到路。”

Their host chewed on that.

主人仔细衡量她的话,

“If you don’t have the silver, might be some coppers would buy you them beds, and a coverlet or two to keep you warm.

“没银币的话,多给几个铜板也可以提供床铺,外加一两条毛毯暖身子。

It’s not like I’m turning travelers away, if you get my meaning.”

呃,如果您明白我的意思,我不想赶客人走。”

“That sounds more than fair,” said Ser Cleos.

“这还差不多,”克里奥爵士道。

“The coverlets is fresh washed, too.

“真的,毛毯刚洗过,

My wife saw to that before she had to go off.

我老婆离开前专门弄的。

Not a flea to be found neither, you have my word on that.”

绝对一只跳蚤都没有,我向您保证。”

He jingled the coins again, smiling.

他又笑着揉揉钱币。

Ser Cleos was plainly tempted.

克里奥爵士动了心。

“A proper bed would do us all good, my lady,” he said to Brienne.

“在床上睡一觉对我们有好处,小姐,”他劝告布蕾妮,

“We’d make better time on the morrow once refreshed.”

“精力充沛,方能好好赶路。”

He looked to his cousin for support.

他望向表哥,恳求帮助。

“No, coz, the wench is right.

“不,老表,妞儿说得对。

We have promises to keep, and long leagues before us.

我们有诺言必须遵守,而路还长着呢,

We ought ride on.”

不应多做逗留。”

“But,” said Cleos, “you said yourself—”

“可是,”克里奥张口结舌地道,“你自己刚才不是说——”

“Then.”

“刚才是刚才,现在是现在。”

When I thought the inn deserted.

刚才我以为这是间废弃的客栈。

“Now I have a full belly, and a moonlight ride will be just the thing.”

“填饱肚皮之后,正需要骑行散步帮助消化。”

He smiled for the wench.

他冲妞儿一笑。

“But unless you mean to throw me over the back of that plow horse like a sack of flour, someone had best do something about these irons.

“看来,小姐你打算把我当面粉扔给犁马驮喽?

It’s difficult to ride with your ankles chained together.”

脚踝连在一起,我还真不知该怎么骑。”

Brienne frowned at the chain.

布蕾妮皱紧眉头,打量着铁链。

The man who wasn’t an innkeep rubbed his jaw.

不是店家的男人则摸摸下巴,

“There’s a smithy round back of the stable.”

“马厩后有个铁匠铺。”

“Show me,” Brienne said.

“带我去,”布蕾妮道。

“Yes,” said Jaime, “and the sooner the better.

“快去吧,”詹姆说,“越快越好。

There’s far too much horse shit about here for my taste.

这里马屎太多,

I would hate to step in it.”

不是人待的地儿。”

He gave the wench a sharp look, wondering if she was bright enough to take his meaning.

他锐利地看了妞儿一眼,不知她明白不明白他的暗示。

He hoped she might strike the irons off his wrists as well, but Brienne was still suspicious.

他希望双手也能获得自由,但布蕾妮终究放心不下。

She split the ankle chain in the center with a half-dozen sharp blows from the smith’s hammer delivered to the blunt end of a steel chisel.

她拿来铁匠的锤子和凿子,朝脚镣中央用力几敲,将其弄断。

When he suggested that she break the wrist chain as well, she ignored him.

当他建议=手铐也照此办理时,她没理他。

“Six miles downriver you’ll see a burned village,”

“往下游六里,您会看见一个被烧毁的村庄。”

their host said as he was helping them saddle the horses and load their packs.

主人一边帮他们整理鞍具、装载包裹,一边说话。

This time he directed his counsel at Brienne.

这回他直接向布蕾妮提建议。

“The road splits there. If you turn south, you’ll come on Ser Warren’s stone towerhouse.

“道路在那儿分叉。往南走会经过沃伦爵士的石塔楼,

Ser Warren went off and died, so I couldn’t say who holds it now, but it’s a place best shunned.

但爵士他出去打仗死掉了,所以我不知现今谁占住那儿,你们最好避开它。

You’d do better to follow the track through the woods, south by east.”

依我之见,应该跟着小道进森林,往东南方向走。”

“We shall,” she answered.

“好的,”她回答,

“You have my thanks.”

“我们感激你的帮助。”

More to the point, he has your gold.

感激个鬼,詹姆心想,我们被他大敲了一笔。

Jaime kept the thought to himself.

但他没把话说出口,

He was tired of being disregarded by this huge ugly cow of a woman.

因为厌倦了被这头丑陋的肥母牛不搭不理。

She took the plow horse for herself and assigned the palfrey to Ser Cleos.

她自骑犁马,把好马让给克里奥爵士,

As threatened, Jaime drew the one-eyed gelding,

而在她威胁下,詹姆只得牵走一只眼的畜牲,

which put an end to any thoughts he might have had of giving his horse a kick and leaving the wench in his dust.

盘算了半天的狠命一踢、决尘而去的念头统统落了空。

The man and the boy came out to watch them leave.

男人和孩子目送他们离去。

The man wished them luck and told them to come back in better times, while the lad stood silent, his crossbow under his arm.

男人祝他们好运,也祝好日子早早降临,欢迎他们再来作客。孩子则一言不发,胳膊夹着十字弓。“

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
counsel ['kaunsəl]

想一想再看

n. 商议,忠告,法律顾问
v. 商议,劝告

 
blunt [blʌnt]

想一想再看

adj. 钝的,迟钝的,直率的
v. 使迟钝,

 
wrist [rist]

想一想再看

n. 手腕,护腕

联想记忆
plow [plau]

想一想再看

n. 犁,耕地
vt. 耕犁,
vi

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
strike [straik]

想一想再看

n. 罢工,打击,殴打
v. 打,撞,罢工,划

 
suspicious [səs'piʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 可疑的,多疑的

联想记忆
saddle ['sædl]

想一想再看

n. 鞍,车座,山脊,拖具
vt. 装以马鞍,

联想记忆
deserted [di'zə:tid]

想一想再看

adj. 废弃的,荒芜的,被遗弃的 动词desert的过

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。