手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第84期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 詹姆(03)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“And who is this lightning lord?” demanded Ser Cleos Frey.

“谁是闪电大王?”克里奥爵士询问。

“Lord Beric, as it please you, ser.

“您不知道,爵士?就是贝里伯爵啊。

They call him that ’cause he strikes so sudden, like lightning from a clear sky.

他打起仗来迅雷不及掩耳,犹如晴空中的闪电,所以得了这个外号。

It’s said he cannot die.”

人人都说他是不死之身。”

They all die when you shove a sword through them, Jaime thought.

一剑下去,谁都会完蛋,詹姆心想。

“Does Thoros of Myr still ride with him?”

“密尔的索罗斯还跟着他?”

“Aye. The red wizard. I’ve heard tell he has strange powers.”

“是啊,红袍巫师本领高强呢。”

Well, he had the power to match Robert Baratheon drink for drink, and there were few enough who could say that.

没错,能跟劳勃·拜拉席恩来个一醉方休的本领确实高强。

Jaime had once heard Thoros tell the king that he became a red priest because the robes hid the winestains so well.

詹姆曾听这个索罗斯向国王夸口,之所以选择当红袍僧全因这身袍子能隐藏葡萄酒的痕迹,

Robert had laughed so hard he’d spit ale all over Cersei’s silken mantle.

劳勃听了轰然大笑,喝下去的麦酒全喷在瑟曦的银丝披风上。

“Far be it from me to make objection,” he said,

“或许我没资格反对,”他说,

“but perhaps the Trident is not our safest course.”

“但依我之见,走三叉戟河似乎不妥。”

“I’d say that’s so,” their cook agreed.

“正是如此,”他们的主人附和,

“Even if you get past Red Deer Island and don’t meet up with Lord Beric and the red wizard, there’s still the ruby ford before you.

“就算过了红鹿岛,中间也没碰上贝里席伯爵和红袍巫师,前面可还有红宝石滩呢。

Last I heard, it was the Leech Lord’s wolves held the ford, but that was some time past.

听人说,那里由水蛭大人的狼仔把守,但那是很久以前的消息了。

By now it could be lions again, or Lord Beric, or anyone.”

也许现在换成了狮子,或是贝里伯爵,或是其他人,谁知道呢。”

“Or no one,” Brienne suggested.

“或许没有人,”布蕾妮坚持。

“If m’lady cares to wager her skin on that I won’t stop her … but if I was you, I’d leave this here river, cut overland.

“我不会把宝压在这上面,小姐……如果我是您,就从这里离开河流,穿越陆地,

If you stay off the main roads and shelter under the trees of a night, hidden as it were …

如果远离大道,躲在不见天日的树林中,小心隐藏……

well, I still wouldn’t want to go with you, but you might stand a mummer’s chance.”

啊,我可不想跟你们一起走,但这样至少还有机会。”

The big wench was looking doubtful.

肥妞儿露出怀疑的神色。

“We would need horses.”

“这么说,也得有马才行。”

“There are horses here,” Jaime pointed out.

“这里有马,”詹姆指出,

“I heard one in the stable.”

“我听见马厩里的声音。”

“Aye, there are,” said the innkeep, who wasn’t an innkeep.

“没错,这里有马,”不是店家的店家说,

“Three of them, as it happens, but they’re not for sale.”

“正好有三匹,但它们是不卖的。”

Jaime had to laugh.

詹姆没法忍笑,

“Of course not. But you’ll show them to us anyway.”

“那当然喽,但瞧瞧总可以吧。”

Brienne scowled, but the man who wasn’t an innkeep met her eyes without blinking, and after a moment, reluctantly, she said,

布蕾妮皱起眉头,而那位不是店家的男人目不转睛地望着她,过了一会儿,她勉强道,

“Show me,” and they all rose from the table.

“去瞧瞧吧。”于是人们一起离开饭桌。

The stables had not been mucked out in a long while, from the smell of them.

马厩很久未经清理,空气中全是粪便的味道,

Hundreds of fat black flies swarmed amongst the straw,

黑色的大苍蝇群聚在稻草堆边,

buzzing from stall to stall and crawling over the mounds of horse dung that lay everywhere, but there were only the three horses to be seen.

嗡嗡响着飞来飞去,停靠在随处可见的马屎堆上。

They made an unlikely trio;

目光所及只有三匹马,

a lumbering brown plow horse, an ancient white gelding blind in one eye, and a knight’s palfrey, dapple grey and spirited.

组成一个不太协调的三重唱;一匹迟钝的棕毛犁马,一匹半瞎的老白马,还有一匹骑士的坐骑,深灰色斑纹,挺有精神头。

“They’re not for sale at any price,” their alleged owner announced.

“无论多高的价都不卖,”所谓的业主宣布。

“How did you come by these horses?” Brienne wanted to know.

“你打哪儿弄的?”布蕾妮想弄清楚。

“The dray was stabled here when the wife and me come on the inn,” the man said,

“我和我老婆来客栈时那匹拉犁的就在这了,”男人说,

“along with the one you just ate.

“和你们刚才吃的那匹待在一起。

The gelding come wandering up one night, and the boy caught the palfrey running free, still saddled and bridled.

白马是晚上自己游荡过来的,那匹快的则是被男孩逮到,上面的鞍子和缰绳都好好的呢。

Here, I’ll show you.”

在这儿,我给你瞧。”

The saddle he showed them was decorated with silver inlay.

取出的鞍具上装饰着银钉,

The saddlecloth had originally been checkered pink and black, but now it was mostly brown.

褥子的颜色原本是粉红与墨黑相间的方格,现在几乎成了褐黄。

Jaime did not recognize the original colors, but he recognized bloodstains easily enough.

詹姆认不出是谁家花色,但能轻易发现褥子上的血迹,

“Well, her owner won’t be coming to claim her anytime soon.”

“好啊,总之不会有人来认领了。”

He examined the palfrey’s legs, counted the gelding’s teeth.

他检查犁马的腿,然后掰开白马的嘴巴计算。

“Give him a gold piece for the grey, if he’ll include the saddle,” he advised Brienne.

“灰马给一块金币,若他肯附送马鞍的话,”他劝告布蕾妮,

“A silver for the plow horse.

“犁马算一块银币。

He ought to pay us for taking the white off his hands.”

如果我们把那白畜生带走,他还该倒找钱咧。”

“Don’t speak discourteously of your horse, ser.”

“别这么评论自己的坐骑,爵士。”

The wench opened the purse Lady Catelyn had given her and took out three golden coins.

妞儿从凯特琳夫人给的钱包里拿出三枚金币。

“I will pay you a dragon for each.”

“每匹一个金龙。”

He blinked and reached for the gold, then hesitated and drew his hand back.

男人眨眨眼,伸手去够金币,手到半空又犹豫起来,缩了回去。

“I don’t know.

“我不知道……

I can’t ride no golden dragon if I need to get away.

想走的时候,不能骑金币,

Nor eat one if I’m hungry.”

饿的时候也不能吃。”

“You can have our skiff as well,” she said.

“我们的船也是你的,”她说,

“Sail up the river or down, as you like.”

“走上游还是往下游,随你挑。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stable ['steibl]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的
n. 马厩,

联想记忆
claim [kleim]

想一想再看

n. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物

 
lightning ['laitniŋ]

想一想再看

n. 闪电
adj. 闪电般的,快速的

 
plow [plau]

想一想再看

n. 犁,耕地
vt. 耕犁,
vi

 
skiff [skif]

想一想再看

n. 轻舟,小船

联想记忆
counted [kaunt]

想一想再看

vt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计

 
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
shove [ʃʌv]

想一想再看

n. 推,挤
v. 推挤,放置,撞

联想记忆
doubtful ['dautfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可疑的,疑心的,不确定的

联想记忆
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。