手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第81期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 戴佛斯(07)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Why have they brought me here? Davos wondered.

他们为何带我来这儿?戴佛斯不明白。

Then he heard a faint ringing of bells, and a child’s giggle, and suddenly the fool Patchface popped from the bushes,

附近传来铃铛轻响和孩子的欢笑,弄臣补丁脸从灌木丛中跳将出来,

shambling along as fast as he could go with the Princess Shireen hot on his heels.

摇摇晃晃,古怪横行,希琳公主则风风火火地紧跟在后。

“You come back now,” she was shouting after him.

“站住,”她对他大喊,

“Patches, you come back.”

“阿丁,你给我站住。”

When the fool saw Davos, he jerked to a sudden halt, the bells on his antlered tin helmet going ting-a-ling, ting-a-ling.

弄臣看见戴佛斯,竟真的猛然站住。锡桶鹿角盔上的铃铛响个不停,叮,叮,

Hopping from one foot to the other, he sang,

他单脚跳来跳去,他唱道:

“Fool’s blood, king’s blood, blood on the maiden’s thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye.”

“弄臣血,国王血,处女大腿也流血,链子拴宾客啊,大人,链子拴新郎啊,我知道,我知道,噢噢噢!”

Shireen almost caught him then, but at the last instant he hopped over a patch of bracken and vanished among the trees.

希琳差点就赶上他了,但他唱完却立刻跳过蕨丛,消失在树林里,

The princess was right behind him.

公主拔腿就追。

The sight of them made Davos smile.

此情此景,让戴佛斯不由得笑了。

He had turned to cough into his gloved hand when another small shape crashed out of the hedge and bowled right into him,

他用手套遮着咳嗽,不料另一个小形体也从灌木丛中冲出来,正好撞在他身上,

knocking him off his feet.

把他撞倒在地。

The boy went down as well, but he was up again almost at once.

男孩也同时跌倒,但立刻翻身而起。

“What are you doing here?” he demanded as he brushed himself off.

“你在这儿干嘛?”他边拍尘土边问,

Jet-black hair fell to his collar, and his eyes were a startling blue.

这孩子漆黑的头发坠至领口,眼睛则蓝得令人吃惊,

“You shouldn’t get in my way when I’m running.”

“我跑的时候,你不该挡道。”

“No,” Davos agreed.

“没错,”戴佛斯表示同意,

“I shouldn’t.”

“我不该挡道。”

Another fit of coughing seized him as he struggled to his knees.

他挣扎着起身,不料又爆发出一阵咳嗽。

“Are you unwell?”

“不舒服?”

The boy took him by the arm and pulled him to his feet.

男孩扶住他的手,将他拉起来,

“Should I summon the maester?”

“要叫学士吗?”

Davos shook his head.

戴佛斯摇摇头,

“A cough. It will pass.”

“咳嗽而已,一会就好。”

The boy took him at his word.

男孩信了。

“We were playing monsters and maidens,” he explained.

“我们在玩美女与怪兽,”他解释,

“I was the monster.

“我当怪兽。

It’s a childish game but my cousin likes it.

这是个幼稚的游戏,但我表妹喜欢。

Do you have a name?”

你叫什么名字?”

“Ser Davos Seaworth.”

“戴佛斯 席渥斯爵士。”

The boy looked him up and down dubiously.

男孩怀疑地上下打量,

“Are you certain? You don’t look very knightly.”

“没骗人吧?你看上去可不象骑士。”

“I am the knight of the onions, my lord.”

“我是洋葱骑士呢,大人。”

The blue eyes blinked.

蓝眼睛眨了眨,

“The one with the black ship?”

“驾驶黑船的?”

“You know that tale?”

“你知道这个故事?”

“You brought my uncle Stannis fish to eat before I was born, when Lord Tyrell had him under siege.”

“在我出生以前,你把鱼和洋葱送到风息堡给我史坦尼斯叔叔,缓解了提利尔公爵的围困。是的,我知道。”

The boy drew himself up tall.

男孩挺直身子。

“I am Edric Storm,” he announced.

“我是艾德瑞克 风暴,”他宣布,

“King Robert’s son.”

“劳勃国王之子。”

“Of course you are.”

“是的,您当然是,”

Davos had known that almost at once.

戴佛斯料到了。

The lad had the prominent ears of a Florent, but the hair, the eyes, the jaw, the cheekbones, those were all Baratheon.

这孩子虽有佛罗伦家族著名的招风耳,但头发、眼睛、下颚和颊骨无一不打着拜拉席恩的印记。

“Did you know my father?” Edric Storm demanded.

“你认得我父亲?”艾德瑞克 风暴问。

“I saw him many a time while calling on your uncle at court, but we never spoke.”

“我入宫拜访您叔叔时见过他许多次,但没有对话。”

“My father taught me to fight,” the boy said proudly.

“父亲教我打仗,”男孩骄傲地说,

“He came to see me almost every year, and sometimes we trained together.

“差不多每年都来看我,跟我一起比武。

On my last name day he sent me a warhammer just like his, only smaller.

去年命名日,他送的礼物是一把战锤,跟他自己的一模一样喔!只是小一号,

They made me leave it at Storm’s End, though.

可惜他们不让我把它从风息堡带来。

Is it true my uncle Stannis cut off your fingers?”

我史坦尼斯叔叔真的砍断了你的手指?”

“Only the last joint.

“只有最后一个指节。

I still have fingers, only shorter.”

手指还在,短一点罢了。”

“Show me.”

“给我看。”

Davos peeled his glove off.

戴佛斯摘下手套,

The boy studied his hand carefully.

男孩仔细端详。

“He did not shorten your thumb?”

“他没削掉你的大拇指?”

“No.” Davos coughed.

“没有。”戴佛斯边咳边说。

“No, he left me that.”

“没有,他把大拇指留给了我。”

“He should not have chopped any of your fingers,” the lad decided.

“他不该削掉你任何一根手指,”男孩评判,

“That was ill done.”

“这是很糟糕的行为。”

“I was a smuggler.”

“我是个走私者。”

“Yes, but you smuggled him fish and onions.”

“是的,但没有你为他走私鱼和洋葱,他活不下来。”

“Lord Stannis knighted me for the onions, and took my fingers for the smuggling.”

“史坦尼斯大人为了洋葱而授予我骑士称号,为了走私而削掉我的手指。”

He pulled his glove back on.

他把手套重新戴上。

“My father would not have chopped your fingers.”

“我父亲不会削掉你的手指。”

“As you say, my lord.”

“您说得没错,王子殿下。”

Robert was a different man than Stannis, true enough.

是的,劳勃跟史坦尼斯不同,

The boy is like him.

这孩子像他,

Aye, and like Renly as well.

也像蓝礼。

That thought made him anxious.

想到这里,他焦虑起来。

The boy was about to say something more when they heard steps.

男孩刚要开口,突然传来脚步声。

Davos turned.

戴佛斯转身,

Ser Axell Florent was coming down the garden path with a dozen guards in quilted jerkins.

只见亚赛尔 佛罗伦爵士带着十来个卫兵,沿着花园小径走来。

On their breasts they wore the fiery heart of the Lord of Light.

卫兵们穿着加垫上衣,胸口绣有光之王的烈焰红心。

Queen’s men, Davos thought.

后党人士,戴佛斯心想,

A cough came on him suddenly.

突然又开始咳嗽。

Ser Axell was short and muscular, with a barrel chest, thick arms, bandy legs, and hair growing from his ears.

亚赛尔爵士矮胖结实,酒桶一样的胸膛,双臂粗壮,腿脚弯曲,耳毛密集,

The queen’s uncle, he had served as castellan of Dragonstone for a decade,

身为王后的伯伯,担任龙石岛代理城主已有十年之久。

and had always treated Davos courteously, knowing he enjoyed the favor of Lord Stannis.

他知戴佛斯深受史坦尼斯信赖,故而对他颇为礼遇,

But there was neither courtesy nor warmth in his tone as he said,

但这回开口时,语调却冰冷而无礼,

“Ser Davos, and undrowned.

“戴佛斯爵士,你竟没淹死,

How can that be?”

真是奇迹。”

“Onions float, ser.

“洋葱会浮起来的,爵士先生,

Have you come to take me to the king?”

请问您是来带我觐见国王的吗?”

“I have come to take you to the dungeon.”

“我是来带你去黑牢的。”

Ser Axell waved his men forward.

亚赛尔爵士挥手示意他的人上前。

“Seize him, and take his dirk.

“抓住他,取走匕首,

He means to use it on our lady.”

他想刺杀我们尊贵的女士。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
patch [pætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 补丁,小片
vt. 修补,补缀

 
decade ['dekeid]

想一想再看

n. 十年

联想记忆
faint [feint]

想一想再看

n. 昏厥,昏倒
adj. 微弱的,无力的,模

 
collar ['kɔlə]

想一想再看

n. 衣领,项圈,[机]轴环
vt. 抓住,为

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
hedge [hedʒ]

想一想再看

n. 树篱,篱笆,障碍,防护物,套期保值,推诿

联想记忆
thumb [θʌm]

想一想再看

n. 拇指
v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
summon ['sʌmən]

想一想再看

vt. 召唤,召集,振奋

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。