For a moment he felt almost dizzy, his relief was so palpable.
他感到晕眩,长出了一口气。
He had been afraid to ask about Devan.
之前一直不敢问起戴冯。
“The Mother is merciful.
“圣母慈悲,
I must go to him, Salla.
我必须去见他,萨拉,
I must see him.”
必须去见他!”
“Yes,” said Salladhor Saan.
“是的,”萨拉多?桑恩说,
“And you will be wanting to sail to Cape Wrath, I know, to see your wife and your two little ones.
“依我之见,你也该航往风怒角,去见见老婆和两个小家伙才对。
You must be having a new ship, I am thinking.”
总而言之,你得有艘新船。”
“His Grace will give me a ship,” said Davos.
“陛下会给我船,”戴佛斯道。
The Lyseni shook his head.
里斯人摇摇头。
“Of ships, His Grace has none, and Salladhor Saan has many.
“船,陛下半艘都没有,而萨拉多 桑恩多的是。
The king’s ships burned up on the river, but not mine.
国王的船都在河上烧光啦,而我却一艘都没损失哟。
You shall have one, old friend.
你会有新船的,我的老友,
You will sail for me, yes?
你也会替我航海,对吧?
You will dance into Braavos and Myr and Volantis in the black of night, all unseen, and dance out again with silks and spices.
只需在漆黑的夜里悄悄摸进布拉佛斯、密尔或瓦兰提斯,神不知鬼不觉,再悄悄载着丝绸与香料出来。
We will be having fat purses, yes.”
瞧,咱们都会发财的。”
“You are kind, Salla, but my duty’s to my king, not your purse.
“你对我很好,萨拉,但我效忠的对象乃是当今王上,不是你的钱包。
The war will go on.
战争还在继续,
Stannis is still the rightful heir by all the laws of the Seven Kingdoms.”
根据七大王国的律法,史坦尼斯仍旧是铁王座的法定继承人。”
“All the laws are not helping when all the ships burn up, I am thinking.
“依我之见,既然船都烧光咧,那就什么律法都谈不上啰。
And your king, well, you will be finding him changed, I am fearing.
再说,你那国王呢,嗯……恐怕你会发现他变了。
Since the battle, he sees no one, but broods in his Stone Drum.
惨败之后,他避不见人,自个儿窝在石鼓楼里。
Queen Selyse keeps court for him with her uncle the Lord Alester, who is naming himself the Hand.
目前朝政由赛丽丝王后和她伯父艾利斯特伯爵共同打理,
The king’s seal she has given to this uncle, to fix to the letters he writes, even to my pretty parchment.
她把国王的印章交给伯父,这位爵爷便据此自封为首相,一天到晚迷上了盖章,瞧,我那张漂亮羊皮纸也在内哟!
But it is a little kingdom they are ruling, poor and rocky, yes.
唉,表面是很堂皇啦,可说到底这只是一个小王国,潦倒又荒凉,
There is no gold, not even a little bit to pay faithful Salladhor Saan what is owed him,
最最关键的是,没钱,没钱!嘿嘿,连付给老实忠诚的萨拉多 桑恩一点点应得的报酬都做不到。
and only those knights that we took off at the end, and no ships but my little brave few.”
咱们的王国还得靠我搭救出来的几位落汤鸡骑士和我手下勇敢的船员来保卫,好让人伤心哟。”
A sudden racking cough bent Davos over.
一阵痛苦的咳嗽迫使戴佛斯弯下腰来。
Salladhor Saan moved to help him, but he waved him off, and after a moment he recovered.
萨拉多 桑恩上前帮忙,却被他挥手制止,过了好一会儿,他才恢复。
“No one?” he wheezed.
“不见人?”他喘着气说,
“What do you mean, he sees no one?”
“什么意思,陛下他从不见人?”
His voice sounded wet and thick, even in his own ears, and for a moment the cabin swam dizzily around him.
即使在自己耳中,声音也显得又粘又浊,舱室在周围旋转,令人晕眩。
“No one but her,” said Salladhor Saan, and Davos did not have to ask who he meant.
“除了她之外,”萨拉多 桑恩说,戴佛斯不用问也知道他指的是谁。
“My friend, you tire yourself.
“我的朋友,你太难为自己了。
It is a bed you are needing, not Salladhor Saan.
我看哪,你现在需要的是床,不是萨拉多 桑恩。
A bed and many blankets, with a hot compress for your chest and more wine and cloves.”
对,一张床,一堆毯子,一贴用在胸口的热敷药,以及更多的香料热酒。”
Davos shook his head.
戴佛斯摇摇头。
“I will be fine. Tell me, Salla, I must know.
“我没事。告诉我,萨拉,这件事我必须了解。
No one but Melisandre?”
难道陛下除了梅丽珊卓,不见任何人?”
The Lyseni gave him a long doubtful look, and continued reluctantly.
里斯人怀疑地盯了他许久,才不情不愿地说下去,
“The guards keep all others away, even his queen and his little daughter.
“是的,卫兵会拦住所有人,甚至包括王后和他的小女儿,
Servants bring meals that no one eats.”
仆人们送去的食物也从未动过。”
He leaned forward and lowered his voice.
他倾身向前,压低声音。
“Queer talking I have heard, of hungry fires within the mountain, and how Stannis and the red woman go down together to watch the flames.
“我听到一些奇怪的说法,你瞧,山里面有熊熊大火,而史坦尼斯和那红袍女结伴走下去看,
There are shafts, they say, and secret stairs down into the mountain’s heart, into hot places where only she may walk unburned.
据说有井道和秘密楼梯通往山的内部,在那个炽热的地方,只有她能安然无恙。
It is enough and more to give an old man such terrors that sometimes he can scarcely find the strength to eat.”
嗨,这些恐怖事情一天到晚都有人讲,我老喽,听了过后饭都吃不下。”
Melisandre. Davos shivered.
好个梅丽珊卓。戴佛斯不禁浑身颤抖。
“The red woman did this to him,” he said.
“一切都是红袍女的阴谋,”他说,
“She sent the fire to consume us, to punish Stannis for setting her aside, to teach him that he could not hope to win without her sorceries.”
“她用烈火吞噬我们,以惩罚史坦尼斯抛弃她的举动;她企图使国王以为,没有她的巫术就不能获得天下。”
The Lyseni chose a plump olive from the bowl between them.
里斯人从碗里挑了一颗饱满的橄榄。
“You are not the first to be saying this, my friend.
“这都是老生常谈啰,我的朋友,
But if I am you, I am not saying it so loudly.
最近常有人这么说。如果我是你,决不会讲得这么大声,
Dragonstone crawls with these queen’s men, oh yes, and they have sharp ears and sharper knives.”
龙石岛上到处都是后党人士哦,噢,没错,他们耳朵尖,刀子更尖哟。”
He popped the olive into his mouth.
他将橄榄送入嘴里。
“I have a knife myself.
“我也有刀子,
Captain Khorane made me a gift of it.”
柯连恩船长送的礼物。”
He pulled out the dirk and laid it on the table between them.
他拔出匕首,放在他们中间的桌子上。
“A knife to cut out Melisandre’s heart.
“我要用它剖出梅丽珊卓的心脏——
If she has one.”
如果她有心的话。”