手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第77期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 戴佛斯(03)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Davos let the elder of the two eunuchs escort him to a large and lavishly furnished cabin at the stern of the ship.

两个太监中的长者将戴佛斯领进船中间一件宽大而奢华的舱室,

The carpets were deep, the windows stained glass, and any of the great leather chairs would have seated three of Davos quite comfortably.

里面地毯厚实,窗户镶嵌彩色玻璃,巨大的皮椅子能让三个戴佛斯舒舒服服地坐。

The cheese and olives arrived shortly, and a cup of steaming hot red wine.

干酪和橄榄很快送上,外加一杯冒热气的红葡萄酒。

He held it between his hands and sipped it gratefully.

他双手捧住,满心感激地啜了一口,

The warmth felt soothing as it spread through his chest.

暖意在胸膛扩散,令人欣慰。

Salladhor Saan appeared not long after.

萨拉多 桑恩很快赶到,

“You must be forgiving me for the wine, my friend.

“酒你可得包涵点啰,我的老友,

These Pentoshi would drink their own water if it were purple.”

这帮不识货的潘托斯佬,就算把水染成紫色,他们也会信以为真。”

“It will help my chest,” said Davos.

“好歹能暖暖胸口,”戴佛斯道,

“Hot wine is better than a compress, my mother used to say.”

“我母亲常说,热酒比敷药管用。”

“You shall be needing compresses as well, I am thinking.

“依我之见,你还是敷点药吧。

Sitting on a spear all this long time, oh my.

在一颗岩石上呆这么久,噢,我的天哪!

How are you finding that excellent chair?

对啦,你觉得这把漂亮椅子怎么样?

He has fat cheeks, does he not?”

瞧,他的屁股可真肥哟!”

“Who?” asked Davos, between sips of hot wine.

“谁?”戴佛斯边饮热酒边问。

“Illyrio Mopatis.

“伊利里欧 莫帕提斯,

A whale with whiskers, I am telling you truly.

告诉你,他就象一条长胡子的鲸鱼,

These chairs were built to his measure, though he is seldom bestirring himself from Pentos to sit in them.

这些椅子正是按他的身材做的,尽管他很少离开潘托斯。

A fat man always sits comfortably, I am thinking, for he takes his pillow with him wherever he goes.”

其实啊,依我之见,胖子坐什么都舒服,因为他自个儿就带着垫子咧。”

“How is it you come by a Pentoshi ship?” asked Davos.

“你搞到潘托斯船?”戴佛斯质问,

“Have you gone pirate again, my lord?”

“又做海盗啦,我的亲王?”

He set his empty cup aside.

他将空杯子放到一边。

“Vile calumny.

“哎哟,回来就不说好话。

Who has suffered more from pirates than Salladhor Saan?

干海盗有什么好?萨拉多?桑恩吃的苦头还不够呀?

I ask only what is due me.

错啦错啦,我只是讨债而已。

Much gold is owed, oh yes, but I am not without reason, so in place of coin I have taken a handsome parchment, very crisp.

噢,理论上我已经发财了,没错,可实际上呢?哎,萨拉是个讲道理的人,他没要金币,只要了一张上等羊皮纸,薄薄地,

It bears the name and seal of Lord Alester Florent, the Hand of the King.

上面有御前首相艾利斯特?佛罗伦爵爷的亲笔签名和国王的印章。

I am made Lord of Blackwater Bay, and no vessel may be crossing my lordly waters without my lordly leave, no.

嘿,我当上黑水湾总督了咧,未经我的恩准,谁也不能穿越属于我的领海,是的,不行!

And when these outlaws are trying to steal past me in the night to avoid my lawful duties and customs,

不法之徒甭想黑夜里悄悄溜过去,逃避合法的税收和检查,

why, they are no better than smugglers, so I am well within my rights to seize them.”

你瞧,这条船就算是走私啦,因此我完全有权将其没收,”

The old pirate laughed.

老海盗嘻嘻笑道,

“I cut off no man’s fingers, though.

“我啊,人就是好,可没砍别人的指头哦,

What good are bits of fingers?

嘎,几根指头管什么用?

The ships I am taking, the cargoes, a few ransoms, nothing unreasonable.”

船只和货物才值钱嘛,人呢,人可以付赎金,不过分吧?”

He gave Davos a sharp look.

他锐利地瞥了戴佛斯一眼。

“You are unwell, my friend.

“你身体不大好,我亲爱的朋友。

That cough … and so thin, I am seeing your bones through your skin.

你在咳嗽……人也瘦了,透过皮肤直能看见骨头咧。

And yet I am not seeing your little bag of fingerbones …”

而且啊,你装指骨的小袋子……”

Old habit made Davos reach for the leather pouch that was no longer there.

戴佛斯习惯性去摸那不复存在的皮袋子。

“I lost it in the river.” My luck.

“我在河里把它弄丢了。”我的幸运符。

“The river was terrible,” Salladhor Saan said solemnly.

“河上的战斗真可怕,”萨拉多?桑恩严肃起来,

Even from the bay, I was seeing, and shuddering.”

“即使在海湾内,看过去都直发怵。”

Davos coughed, spat, and coughed again.

戴佛斯咳出几口痰,紧接着又咳。

“I saw Black Betha burning, and Fury as well,” he finally managed, hoarsely.

“黑贝丝号和怒火号首先起火,”他终于嘶哑地说出来,

“Did none of our ships escape the fire?”

“难道所有的船都完了?”

Part of him still hoped.

还抱有一点点希望。

“Lord Steffon, Ragged Jenna, Swift Sword, Laughing Lord, and some others were upstream of the pyromancers’ pissing, yes.

“有些是没烧着啦,比如史蒂芬公爵号、珍娜号、快剑号和欢笑君王号等等,

They did not burn, but with the chain raised, neither could they be flying.

她们在上游,避开了炼金术士的屎尿。

Some few were surrendering.

但链子升起来,照样跑不脱呀。

Most rowed far up the Blackwater, away from the battling, and then were sunk by their crews so they would not be falling into Lannister hands.

最后嘛,有几条投降,大多数逆黑水河而上,脱离战场,然后被船员们自行凿沉,以免落入兰尼斯特之手。

Ragged Jenna and Laughing Lord are still playing pirate on the river, I have heard, but who can say if it is so?”

听说珍娜号和欢笑君王号还在河上做起了强盗,吓,谁说得准呢?”

“Lady Marya?” Davos asked.

“玛瑞亚夫人号呢?”戴佛斯忙问,

“Wraith?”

“海灵号呢?”

Salladhor Saan put a hand on Davos’s forearm and gave a squeeze.

萨拉多?桑恩伸手搭在戴佛斯前臂上,捏了一把,

“No. Of them, no. I am sorry, my friend.

“不,不,很遗憾,我的朋友,

They were good men, your Dale and Allard.

戴尔和阿拉德,他们都是好汉子……

But this comfort I can give you—your young Devan was among those we took off at the end.

有一件事可以让你欣慰——你的小戴冯被我们救走了。

The brave boy never once left the king’s side, or so they say.”

勇敢的孩子啊,都说他怎么也不肯离开国王身边。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
lavishly ['læviʃli]

想一想再看

adv. 浪费地,丰富地,大方地

 
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
spear [spiə]

想一想再看

n. 矛(正负电子对撞机)
vt 用矛刺

 
seal [si:l]

想一想再看

n. 印章,封条
n. 海豹
v.

 
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
whale [weil]

想一想再看

n. 鲸
vi. 捕鲸
v. 鞭打,

 
gratefully

想一想再看

adv. 感激地;感谢地

 
pirate ['paiərit]

想一想再看

n. 海盗,盗印者,侵犯专利权者
v. 侵犯版

联想记忆
comfort ['kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉
vt. 安慰,使

联想记忆
soothing ['su:ðiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人宽心的;抚慰的 v. 安慰;减轻痛苦(so

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。