手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第71期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 布兰(03)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“You were gone too long.”

“你去得太久,”

Jojen Reed was thirteen, only four years older than Bran.

玖健?黎德年方十三,仅比布兰大四岁,

Jojen wasn’t much bigger either, no more than two inches or maybe three,

而且体格瘦小,身高也只多布兰两三寸,

but he had a solemn way of talking that made him seem older and wiser than he really was.

但他说话腔调严肃,使得他比实际年龄看起来更成熟、更有智慧。

At Winterfell, Old Nan had dubbed him “little grandfather.”

在临冬城,老奶妈称他为“小个子祖父”。

Bran frowned at him.

布兰朝他皱眉,

“I wanted to eat.”

“我要吃东西。”

“Meera will be back soon with supper.”

“梅拉很快就会带晚餐回来。”

“I’m sick of frogs.”

“我不想吃青蛙。”

Meera was a frogeater from the Neck, so Bran couldn’t really blame her for catching so many frogs, he supposed, but even so … “

梅拉来自颈泽,习惯吃青蛙,布兰也不好责怪,可是……

I wanted to eat the deer.”

“我想吃鹿肉。”

For a moment he remembered the taste of it, the blood and the raw rich meat, and his mouth watered.

片刻间,他记起鹿的滋味,鲜血和肥美的肉,垂涎欲滴。

I won the fight for it. I won.

为了它,我恶斗一场。我是赢家。

“Did you mark the trees?”

“你有没在树上留标记?”

Bran flushed.

布兰脸红了。

Jojen was always telling him to do things when he opened his third eye and put on Summer’s skin.

玖健总要他在睁开第三只眼,变成夏天时做些事,

To claw the bark of a tree, to catch a rabbit and bring it back in his jaws uneaten, to push some rocks in a line.

比如扒树皮、逮兔子回来、或将石头推成直线等等。

Stupid things.

无聊的事。

“I forgot,” he said.

“我忘了,”他说。

“You always forget.”

“你每次都忘。”

It was true.

没错,

He meant to do the things that Jojen asked, but once he was a wolf they never seemed important.

我每次都忘。其实心里是想做的,但一旦成为狼,这些事便不再重要。

There were always things to see and things to smell, a whole green world to hunt.

夏天有一整个世界可以看,一整个世界可以嗅,绿色的森林全供他打猎。

And he could run!

他可以奔跑!

There was nothing better than running, unless it was running after prey.

没什么比奔跑更美好,没什么比得上追逐猎物。

“I was a prince, Jojen,” he told the older boy.

“我是王子,玖健,”他告诉年长的男孩,

“I was the prince of the woods.”

“我是森林的王子。”

“You are a prince,” Jojen reminded him softly.

“你的确是王子,”玖健轻声提醒他,“

“You remember, don’t you? Tell me who you are.”

但其余部分却记错了,快,告诉我,你是谁。”

“You know.”

“你明明就知道。”

Jojen was his friend and his teacher, but sometimes Bran just wanted to hit him.

玖健是他的朋友,也是他的老师,但有时候布兰就是想揍他。

“I want you to say the words.

“我要你自己说。

Tell me who you are.”

告诉我,你是谁。”

“Bran,” he said sullenly.

“我是布兰,”他阴沉地道。

Bran the Broken.

残废的布兰。

“Brandon Stark.”

“布兰登?史塔克。”

The cripple boy.

瘸腿的男孩。

“The Prince of Winterfell.”

“临冬城的王子。”

Of Winterfell burned and tumbled, its people scattered and slain.

然而临冬城业已焚烧毁灭,它的人民被驱散、被屠杀。

The glass gardens were smashed, and hot water gushed from the cracked walls to steam beneath the sun.

粉碎的玻璃花园,温泉水从墙壁裂口中涌出,在阳光下蒸腾。

How can you be the prince of someplace you might never see again?

那个地方再也回不去了,你怎能成为那里的王子呢?

“And who is Summer?”

“谁是夏天?”

Jojen prompted.

玖健问。

“My direwolf.”

“我的冰原狼。”

He smiled.

他微笑着说。

“Prince of the green.”

“绿色世界的王子。”

“Bran the boy and Summer the wolf.

“男孩布兰和冰原狼夏天。

You are two, then?”

你们是两种个体,对不对?”

“Two,” he sighed, “and one.”

“两种个体,”他叹道,“一个整体。”

He hated Jojen when he got stupid like this.

每当玖健变得象现在这样无聊,布兰就讨厌他。

At Winterfell he wanted me to dream my wolf dreams, and now that I know how he’s always calling me back.

在临冬城,他要我做狼梦,现在又要我回来。

“Remember that, Bran.

“请记得自己的身份,布兰,

Remember yourself, or the wolf will consume you.

一定要记得,否则会被狼所吞没。

When you join, it is not enough to run and hunt and howl in Summer’s skin.”

当你们结合时,仅仅披着夏天的皮奔跑、狩猎和嗥叫是不够的。”

It is for me, Bran thought.

他是为我好,布兰心想,

He liked Summer’s skin better than his own.

我喜欢夏天的形态更甚自己的本体。

What good is it to be a skinchanger if you can’t wear the skin you like?

可身为易形者,好处不就是能选择喜欢的形态么?

“Will you remember?

“你会记住吗?

And next time, mark the tree.

下次一定要在树上做记号,

Any tree, it doesn’t matter, so long as you do it.”

哪棵树并没有关系,只要做了就行。”

“I will. I’ll remember.

“我会的。我会记住。

I could go back and do it now, if you like.

你喜欢的话,我现在就回去,

I won’t forget this time.”

这次决不忘记。”

But I’ll eat my deer first, and fight with those little wolves some more.

但我会先饱餐鹿肉,并跟那些小狼再打一仗。

Jojen shook his head.

玖健摇摇头,

“No. Best stay, and eat.

“不。你得留下吃东西,

With your own mouth.

用你自己的嘴吃。

A warg cannot live on what his beast consumes.”

狼灵是不能靠他的动物吃的东西过活的。”

How would you know?

你怎么知道?

Bran thought resentfully.

布兰忿忿不平地想,

You’ve never been a warg, you don’t know what it’s like.

你又不是狼灵,怎么知道我不行?

Hodor jerked suddenly to his feet, almost hitting his head on the barrel-vaulted ceiling.

阿多猛然站起来,几乎把头撞到拱形的天花板上。

“HODOR!” he shouted, rushing to the door.

“阿多!”他一边喊,一边向门冲去。

Meera pushed it open just before he reached it, and stepped through into their refuge.

梅拉推门而入,走进他们的避难所。

“Hodor, hodor,” the huge stableboy said, grinning.

“阿多,阿多,”大个子马童咧嘴笑道。

Meera Reed was sixteen, a woman grown, but she stood no higher than her brother.

梅拉今年十六岁,已经是成人女子了,身高却和弟弟一样。

All the crannogmen were small, she told Bran once when he asked why she wasn’t taller.

布兰有一回问她为什么长不高,她告诉他,泽地人都是小个子。

Brown-haired, green-eyed, and flat as a boy, she walked with a supple grace that Bran could only watch and envy.

她有褐色的头发,绿色的眼睛,胸部跟男孩一样平,但走起路来优雅轻巧,布兰看了直羡慕。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
claw [klɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 爪,钳,螯,爪状物
v. 抓,撕

 
ceiling ['si:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 天花板,上限

联想记忆
solemn ['sɔləm]

想一想再看

adj. 庄严的,严肃的,隆重的

 
consume [kən'sju:m]

想一想再看

v. 消耗,花费,挥霍

联想记忆
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
prey [prei]

想一想再看

n. 被掠食者,牺牲者
vi. 捕食,掠夺,使

 
refuge ['refju:dʒ]

想一想再看

n. 避难(处), 庇护(所)
v. 庇护,避

 
bark [bɑ:k]

想一想再看

v. (狗)吠,咆哮
n. 狗吠,咆哮

 
stark [stɑ:k]

想一想再看

adj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。