A mysterious object falls from the sky.
一个神秘物体从天而降。
You can hear the impact when it crashes into a home.
当它撞向一处住宅时,你可以听到撞击的声音。
Look at the damage it caused: a hole from the roof straight through the floor.
看看它造成的破坏吧:砸穿屋顶,在地板上砸出了一个洞。
What are the odds! A metal object careening 250 miles from outer space back down to Earth, to its point of impact in Naples, Florida.
这是什么样的概率啊!一个金属物体从外太空250英里的高度猛冲回地球,撞击到了佛罗里达州那不勒斯市的一个点。
Homeowner Alejandro Otero says it's a miracle that no one was injured. His son was in the next room.
房主亚历杭德罗·奥特罗表示,没有人受伤简直是一个奇迹。他的儿子就在被砸屋子的隔壁房间。
The metal chunk weighed 1.6 pounds.
这块金属重达1.6磅。
It was supposed to disintegrate upon re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere, but obviously, that didn't happen.
它本应在重新进入地球大气层时分解,但显然,这并没有发生。
"So what went through your mind when you realized this was something that came from space?"
“那么,当你意识到这是来自太空的东西时,你是怎么想的呢?”
"I didn't believe it. I really did I thought it was going to be from an airplane.
“我简直不敢相信。真的,我以为是飞机上的呢。
You know, something from space would have never crossed my mind, and it, you know, just so happened to land through our house."
我从来没想过会是什么来自太空的东西,而这块金属又碰巧落在我们的房子里。”
"What does NASA say when a piece of space junk goes through your house? Do they at least apologize?"
“关于一块太空垃圾砸穿你的房子,美国宇航局是怎么回应的?他们至少应该道个歉吧?”
"Yes, they did apologize."
“是的,他们确实道歉了。”