手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第65期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 丹妮莉丝(07)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Dany leaned forward and yanked Viserion’s tail, to pull him off his green brother.

丹妮倾身向前,抓住韦赛利昂的尾巴,将他拖离绿色的兄弟身边。

Her blanket fell away from her chest as she moved.

移动时,床单自胸前掉落,

She grabbed it hastily and covered herself again.

她连忙抓紧,重新盖住自己。

“The Usurper is dead,” she said.

“篡夺者已死,”她说。

“But his son rules in his place.”

“他儿子接替他继续统治。”

Ser Jorah lifted his gaze, and his dark eyes met her own.

乔拉爵士抬起头,深色的眼睛对上她的目光。

“A dutiful son pays his father’s debts.

“一个忠实的儿子会为父亲讨债。

Even blood debts.”

即便是血债。”

“This boy Joffrey might want me dead … if he recalls that I’m alive.

“这个男孩乔佛里或许会想致我于死地……如果他还记得我的话。

What has that to do with Belwas and Arstan Whitebeard?

不管怎么说,这跟贝沃斯或白胡子阿斯坦有何关系?

The old man does not even wear a sword. You’ve seen that.”

那老人甚至连剑都没有,你亲眼看到的。”

“Aye. And I have seen how deftly he handles that staff of his.

“我当然看见了,我看见他如何熟练地使用那根拐杖。

Recall how he killed that manticore in Qarth?

还记得他在魁尔斯杀死蝎尾兽的事吗?

It might as easily have been your throat he crushed.”

他要敲碎您的喉咙也一样容易。”

“Might have been, but was not,” she pointed out.

“没错,可他没有下手。”她指出,

“It was a stinging manticore meant to slay me. He saved my life.”

“要害我的是那蛰人的蝎尾兽,他则救了我的命。”

“Khaleesi, has it occurred to you that Whitebeard and Belwas might have been in league with the assassin?

“卡丽熙,您不觉得白胡子和贝沃斯跟杀手是串通好的吗?

It might all have been a ploy to win your trust.”

这多半是为了骗取您的信任而布下的陷阱。”

Her sudden laughter made Drogon hiss, and sent Viserion flapping to his perch above the porthole.

她朗声大笑,吓得卓耿咝咝叫起来,而韦赛利昂拍拍翅膀跃到舷窗上,

“The ploy worked well.”

“好厉害的陷阱。”

The exile knight did not return her smile.

被放逐的骑士却没有笑,

“These are Illyrio’s ships, Illyrio’s captains, Illyrio’s sailors … and Strong Belwas and Arstan are his men as well, not yours.”

“这是伊利里欧的船,伊利里欧的船长,伊利里欧的水手……壮汉贝沃斯和阿斯坦也是他的人,不是您的。”

“Magister Illyrio has protected me in the past.

“伊利里欧总督庇护过我。

Strong Belwas says that he wept when he heard my brother was dead.”

壮汉贝沃斯还说,听到我哥死的消息时,他哭了。”

“Yes,” said Mormont, “but did he weep for Viserys, or for the plans he had made with him?”

“是啊,”莫尔蒙道,“但他是为韦赛里斯而哭呢,还是为自己落空的计划掉泪?”

“His plans need not change.

“他的计划没有落空!

Magister Illyrio is a friend to House Targaryen, and wealthy …”

伊利里欧总督一直是坦格利安家族的朋友,他非常富有……”

“He was not born wealthy.

“他的钱不是天上掉下来的,

In the world as I have seen it, no man grows rich by kindness.

据我所知,这个世界上没有人因为慈善而发财致富。

The warlocks said the second treason would be for gold.

男巫们预言第二次背叛是为了钱,而除了钱,伊利里欧?

What does Illyrio Mopatis love more than gold?”

莫帕提斯还有什么看重的东西呢?”

“His skin.”

“他的性命。”

Across the cabin Drogon stirred restlessly, steam rising from his snout.

房间另一头,卓耿不安地挪动着,蒸汽从他嘴里升起。

“Mirri Maz Duur betrayed me. I burned her for it.”

“弥丽·马兹·笃尔因为背叛而被我烧死。”

“Mirri Maz Duur was in your power.

“弥丽·马兹·笃尔是您的奴隶,

In Pentos, you shall be in Illyrio’s power.

而在潘托斯,伊利里欧将是您的主人,

It is not the same.

情况不一样的。

I know the magister as well as you.

请相信我,我不仅了解你,也了解总督。

He is a devious man, and clever—”

他精于算计,聪明无——”

“I need clever men about me if I am to win the Iron Throne.”

“为赢得铁王座,我正需要聪明人。”

Ser Jorah snorted.

乔拉爵士哼了一声,

“That wineseller who tried to poison you was a clever man as well.

“那个下毒的酒商也很聪明。

Clever men hatch ambitious schemes.”

聪明人往往不怀好意。”

Dany drew her legs up beneath the blanket.

丹妮不由自主地把腿收到床单下面,

“You will protect me. You, and my bloodriders.”

“可你会保护我,还有我的血盟卫。”

“Four men?

“就凭四个人?

Khaleesi, you believe you know Illyrio Mopatis, very well.

很好,卡丽熙,看来您信得过伊利里欧?

Yet you insist on surrounding yourself with men you do not know, like this puffed-up eunuch and the world’s oldest squire.

莫帕提斯,坚持让自己被不了解的人所包围,比如臃肿的太监和全世界最老的侍从。

Take a lesson from Pyat Pree and Xaro Xhoan Daxos.”

我只是求求您,从俳雅·菩厉和札罗·赞旺·达梭斯那儿吸取教训。”

He means well, Dany reminded herself.

他本意是好的,丹妮提醒自己,

He does all he does for love.

一切皆源于对我的敬爱。

“It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone.

“在我看来,不信任任何人的女王跟信任所有人的女王一样愚蠢。

Every man I take into my service is a risk, I understand that, but how am I to win the Seven Kingdoms without such risks?

我很明白,每接纳一个人都是一次冒险,但不冒风险又怎能赢得七大王国?

Am I to conquer Westeros with one exile knight and three Dothraki bloodriders?”

难道靠一个被放逐的骑士和三个多斯拉克血盟卫去征服维斯特洛吗?”

His jaw set stubbornly.

他顽固地咬紧下巴,

“Your path is dangerous, I will not deny that.

“我不否认,您的道路需要冒险,

But if you blindly trust in every liar and schemer who crosses it, you will end as your brothers did.”

但遇到骗子或阴谋家还加以接纳,结局将和您哥哥一样。”

His obstinacy made her angry. He treats me like some child.

他的固执令她恼怒。他还把我当小孩子看待。

“Strong Belwas could not scheme his way to breakfast.

“壮汉贝沃斯连早餐都得靠别人安排,好个阴谋家!

And what lies has Arstan Whitebeard told me?”

而白胡子阿斯坦撒过谎吗?”

“He is not what he pretends to be.

“他是假扮的!

He speaks to you more boldly than any squire would dare.”

你瞧他今天说话莽撞,哪里有侍从的样子?”

“He spoke frankly at my command.

“是我命令他直说,

He knew my brother.”

我想了解我大哥呀。”

“A great many men knew your brother.

“了解你大哥的人不止他一个。

Your Grace, in Westeros the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard sits on the small council, and serves the king with his wits as well as his steel.

陛下啊陛下,好吧,在维斯特洛,御林铁卫的队长在御前会议上拥有席位,不仅用武力,同时也以智慧为国王效劳。

If I am the first of your Queensguard, I pray you, hear me out.

您说我是女王铁卫的首席骑士,那我请求您,好好听我说,

I have a plan to put to you.”

我有个计划。”

“What plan? Tell me.”

“计划?快告诉我。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
obstinacy ['ɔbstinəsi]

想一想再看

n. 固执,顽固;(病痛等的)难治,难解除

联想记忆
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
kindness ['kaindnis]

想一想再看

n. 仁慈,好意

联想记忆
throne [θrəun]

想一想再看

n. 王座,君主

 
hiss [his]

想一想再看

n. 嘘声,嘶嘶声 v. 发出嘘声(表示不满), 发嘶嘶

联想记忆
liar ['laiə]

想一想再看

n. 说谎者

联想记忆
command [kə'mɑ:nd]

想一想再看

n. 命令,指挥,控制
v. 命令,指挥,支配

联想记忆
commander [kə'mɑ:ndə]

想一想再看

n. 司令官,指挥官

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。