手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第57期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 琼恩(07)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

A day south of Winterfell I came up on him and fell in with his company.

因此在临冬城以南约一天骑程的地方终于被我赶上,我随即加入到王家队伍中。

Freeriders and hedge knights are always attaching themselves to royal processions,

你知道,自由骑手和雇佣骑士常凑到王族身边,

in hopes of finding service with the king, and my lute gained me easy acceptance.”

希望能留在御前服务,而我的琵琶使我很容易被接纳,”

He laughed.

他笑意不减,

“I know every bawdy song that’s ever been made, north or south of the Wall.

“我会长城内外所有淫曲小调咧。

So there you are.

晚宴时你也在,

The night your father feasted Robert, I sat in the back of his hall on a bench with the other freeriders,

当晚你父亲招待劳勃,我在大厅末端的长凳上和一帮自由骑手对饮,

listening to Orland of Oldtown play the high harp and sing of dead kings beneath the sea.

边听旧镇的奥兰多弹长竖琴,歌唱长眠于海底的君王,边吃你父亲的烤肉和蜜酒。

I betook of your lord father’s meat and mead, had a look at Kingslayer and Imp …

我好好瞧了瞧弑君者和小恶魔……

and made passing note of Lord Eddard’s children and the wolf pups that ran at their heels.”

也瞄到过艾德公爵的孩子们和他们脚边的小狼。”

“Bael the Bard,”

“您就像呤游诗人贝尔,”

said Jon, remembering the tale that Ygritte had told him in the Frostfangs, the night he’d almost killed her.

琼恩说,他忆起耶哥蕊特在霜雪之牙上给他讲的故事,那天晚上他差点杀了她。

“Would that I were.

“我像他就好了。

I will not deny that Bael’s exploit inspired mine own … but I did not steal either of your sisters that I recall.

啊,贝尔的事绩很让人激动……我却没胆子偷走你某位妹妹。

Bael wrote his own songs, and lived them.

贝尔写下自己的歌谣,并永世流传,

I only sing the songs that better men have made.

而我只会翻唱比我出色的人编的曲子。

More mead?”

还要蜜酒吗?”

“No,” said Jon.

“不了,”琼恩说,

“If you had been discovered … taken …”

“假如您被发现……被抓住……”

“Your father would have had my head off.”

“你父亲不会砍我的头,”

The king gave a shrug.

国王耸耸肩,

“Though once I had eaten at his board I was protected by guest right.

“因为我在他的厅堂吃饭,受宾客权利的保护。

The laws of hospitality are as old as the First Men, and sacred as a heart tree.”

有关宾客的法则同先民一样古老,如心树一般神圣。”

He gestured at the board between them, the broken bread and chicken bones.

他朝布满碎面包渣和鸡骨头的桌板比了比,

“Here you are the guest, and safe from harm at my hands … this night, at least.

“所以啰,在这里你也是宾客,有我的保护,不会受伤害……至少,今夜如此。

So tell me truly, Jon Snow.

说实话,琼恩·雪诺,

Are you a craven who turned your cloak from fear, or is there another reason that brings you to my tent?”

你是个因恐惧而变节的懦夫呢,还是别有原因?”

Guest right or no, Jon Snow knew he walked on rotten ice here.

不管有没有宾客权利,琼恩·雪诺知道自己正如履薄冰,

One false step and he might plunge through, into water cold enough to stop his heart.

稍有失足,便会万劫不复,死无葬身之地。

Weigh every word before you speak it, he told himself.

每个词都得仔细掂量,他告诫自己,

He took a long draught of mead to buy time for his answer.

一边喝下一大口蜜酒拖延摊牌时间。

When he set the horn aside he said,

放下角杯时,他道:

“Tell me why you turned your cloak, and I’ll tell you why I turned mine.”

“您先告诉我您的理由,然后我就说。”

Mance Rayder smiled, as Jon had hoped he would.

正如琼恩所预期,曼斯·雷德笑了,

The king was plainly a man who liked the sound of his own voice.

这位国王很明显是个自信满满的人。

“You will have heard stories of my desertion, I have no doubt.”

“我会告诉你我弃职的经过,我会的。”

“Some say it was for a crown.

“有人说您为顶王冠,

Some say for a woman.

有人说您为个女人,

Others that you had the wildling blood.”

还有人说您天生有野人的血统。”

“The wildling blood is the blood of the First Men, the same blood that flows in the veins of the Starks.

“野人的血统是先民的血统,先民的血统也就是史塔克家的血统。

As to a crown, do you see one?”

至于王冠,你在这儿看到了吗?”

“I see a woman.”

“我看到了一个女人。”

He glanced at Dalla.

他瞥向妲娜。

Mance took her by the hand and pulled her close.

曼斯抱拢她,

“My lady is blameless.

“不,我夫人是清白的。

I met her on my return from your father’s castle.

从你父亲的城堡回归途中,我遇见了她,

The Halfhand was carved of old oak, but I am made of flesh, and I have a great fondness for the charms of women …

断掌是朽木做的雕塑,我可是有血有肉的人,着迷于女性的魅力……

which makes me no different from three-quarters of the Watch.

和四分之三的黑衣兄弟一样。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hospitality [.hɔspi'tæliti]

想一想再看

n. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理

联想记忆
rotten ['rɔtn]

想一想再看

adj. 腐烂的,腐朽的

 
oak [əuk]

想一想再看

n. 橡树,橡木

 
exploit [iks'plɔit]

想一想再看

vt. 剥削,利用,开拓,开采,开发
n. 功

联想记忆
bench [bentʃ]

想一想再看

n. 长凳,工作台,法官席
vt. 坐(

联想记忆
imp [imp]

想一想再看

n. 小恶魔,顽童 v. 装上翅膀,移植羽毛 abbr.

联想记忆
acceptance [ək'septəns]

想一想再看

n. 接受(礼物、邀请、建议等),同意,认可,承兑

 
castle ['kɑ:sl]

想一想再看

n. 城堡
v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易

 
fondness ['fɔndnis]

想一想再看

n. 爱好,溺爱,喜爱 n. 蠢事

 
horn [hɔ:n]

想一想再看

n. 动物角,喇叭,触角,角状物,力量源泉

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。