What's furry, scary and has eight legs?
什么东西毛茸茸的、很吓人、还有八条腿?
Oh, hello!
哦,你好!
No, I'm not talking about you, Auntie Susan.
不,我不是在说你,苏珊阿姨。
I'm talking about the tarantula, a large hairy spider, or Arachne.
我说的是狼蛛,这是一种大型的多毛蜘蛛,或者叫阿剌克涅。
It can be found mainly in the southern United States, Central and South America.
它主要分布在美国南部、中南美洲。
And you can also find them, but you might not want to, in Africa, Asia and Australia.
你也可以在非洲、亚洲和澳大利亚遇到它们(但你可能并不想遇到)。
There are around 900 different types of them.
大约有900种不同类型的狼蛛。
Tarantulas are excellent hunters. They don't use a web to trap their prey.
狼蛛是优秀的猎手。它们不用蛛网来诱捕猎物。
They grab their victims with their legs, fight them with their fangs,
而是用腿抓住猎物,用尖牙对抗,
then secrete digestive enzymes to liquefy their bodies and suck it all up like a straw. Wow.
然后分泌消化酶来液化猎物的身体,像吸管一样把它们吸进去。哇。
That would make Count Dracula really jealous.
这真的会让德古拉嫉妒的。
Although they can bite you, they are largely harmless to humans.
虽然它们会咬你,但对人类基本上是无害的。
One tarantula live to be 30 years old.
一只狼蛛能存活30年。
They have lots of eyes, perhaps that's why they're really good at staring competitions.
它们有很多眼睛,也许这就是为什么它们非常擅长盯着别人看。
Wow, you are good.
哇,你真棒。
Well, thank you.
谢谢。
You're welcome, Mr. tarantula. But it's only because you're one amazing animal.
不客气,狼蛛先生。但那只是因为你是一种神奇的动物。