手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第48期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 珊莎(06)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“I want you to tell me the truth about this royal boy,” said Lady Olenna abruptly.

“关于那个小鬼国王,我希望你说实话,”奥莲娜夫人突然道,

“This Joffrey.”

“我指的是乔佛里。”

Sansa’s fingers tightened round her spoon.

珊莎握紧汤勺。

The truth? I can’t.

实话?我不能。

Don’t ask it, please, I can’t. “I … I … I …”

别问这个,求求你,我不能说出来。“我……我……我……”

“You, yes.

“是的,我在问你,

Who would know better?

有谁比你更了解呢?

The lad seems kingly enough, I’ll grant you.

我承认,那小子看起来确有王者风范。

A bit full of himself, but that would be his Lannister blood.

嗯,显得有些傲慢自大,这也应当归结于他的兰尼斯特血统。

We have heard some troubling tales, however.

然而,我们听说了许多令人困扰的谣言。

Is there any truth to them?

这些谣言有没有真实的成分?

Has this boy mistreated you?”

那小子虐待过你吗?”

Sansa glanced about nervously.

珊莎神经质地四处张望。

Butterbumps popped a whole orange into his mouth, chewed and swallowed, slapped his cheek, and blew seeds out of his nose.

黄油饼把一整个橘子放进口中,咀嚼、吞咽,边用手掌拍打脸颊,边用鼻子将种子一颗颗吹出来。

The women giggled and laughed.

女人们咯咯发笑,

Servants were coming and going, and the Maidenvault echoed to the clatter of spoons and plates.

仆人则进进出出,处女居中回荡着盘子和汤勺的碰撞声。

One of the chicks hopped back onto the table and ran through Lady Graceford’s broth.

一只小鸡跳上桌子,走进格雷佛德夫人的肉汤里面。

No one seemed to be paying them any mind, but even so, she was frightened.

看样子,无人关注她,即便如此,她仍旧害怕。

Lady Olenna was growing impatient.

奥莲娜夫人不耐烦起来,

“Why are you gaping at Butterbumps?

“你傻盯着黄油饼作甚?

I asked a question, I expect an answer.

我在问你问题,等待你的回答。

Have the Lannisters stolen your tongue, child?”

你的舌头教兰尼斯特家拔了吗,孩子?”

Ser Dontos had warned her to speak freely only in the godswood.

唐托斯爵士警告过她,只有在神木林里,才能放心说话。

“Joff … King Joffrey, he’s … His Grace is very fair and handsome, and … and as brave as a lion.”

“小乔……乔佛里国王,他……陛下他英俊又潇洒,而且……而且像雄狮一样勇敢。”

“Yes, all the Lannisters are lions, and when a Tyrell breaks wind it smells just like a rose,” the old woman snapped.

“是啊,兰尼斯特家的人都是狮子,而提利尔放屁都有玫瑰的香味,”老妇人厉声喝道,

“But how kind is he?

“我问的是他究竟怎么样!

How clever?

聪明吗?

Has he a good heart, a gentle hand?

有没有颗好心肠?能不能关心人?

Is he chivalrous as befits a king?

具备国王必须的骑士风度吗?

Will he cherish Margaery and treat her tenderly, protect her honor as he would his own?”

他会钟爱玛格丽、深情地待她,并像保护自己的荣誉一样保护她的荣誉吗?”

“He will,” Sansa lied.

“他会的,”珊莎撒谎,

“He is very … very comely.”

“他非常……非常帅气。”

“You said that.

“见鬼,

You know, child, some say that you are as big a fool as Butterbumps here, and I am starting to believe them.

孩子,你可知道,别人都说你是个像黄油饼一样的大傻瓜,从前我还不肯相信呢。

Comely?

帅气?

I have taught my Margaery what comely is worth, I hope.

起码我教导过玛格丽‘帅气’的价值,

Somewhat less than a mummer’s fart.

那东西全是狗屁!

Aerion Brightfire was comely enough, but a monster all the same.

‘明焰’伊利昂够帅气,你瞧他是个什么样的怪物。

The question is, what is Joffrey?”

我把问题再清楚地说一遍:乔佛里到底是个怎样的人?”

She reached to snag a passing servant.

她伸手抓住一名路过的仆人。

“I am not fond of leeks.

“我不喜欢韭葱,

Take this broth away, and bring me some cheese.”

把肉汤端开,上干酪。”

“The cheese will be served after the cakes, my lady.”

“蛋糕之后才上干酪,夫人。”

“The cheese will be served when I want it served, and I want it served now.”

“我想什么时候上就什么时候上,立刻把干酪给我端来。”

The old woman turned back to Sansa.

老妇人转向珊莎。

“Are you frightened, child?

“你在害怕,孩子?

No need for that, we’re only women here.

别怕,在场的都是女人,

Tell me the truth, no harm will come to you.”

只管说实话,没人会伤害你。”

“My father always told the truth.”

“我父亲总是说实话。”

Sansa spoke quietly, but even so, it was hard to get the words out.

珊莎静静地说,她发觉自己无法抛开疑虑。

“Lord Eddard, yes, he had that reputation, but they named him traitor and took his head off even so.”

“艾德公爵,是的,是的,他有那样的好名声,却被他们当作叛徒,砍了脑袋。”

The old woman’s eyes bore into her, sharp and bright as the points of swords.

老妇人直勾勾地瞪着她,目光锋利而明亮,犹如利剑的尖头。

“Joffrey,” Sansa said.

“乔佛里,”珊莎说,

“Joffrey did that.

“是乔佛里干的。

He promised me he would be merciful, and cut my father’s head off.

他答应过我会手下留情,可依然砍了父亲的头。

He said that was mercy, and he took me up on the walls and made me look at it.

他说这就是手下留情,然后带我到城墙上,强迫我看,

The head.

看那头颅。

He wanted me to weep, but …”

他想让我哭,可是……”

She stopped abruptly, and covered her mouth.

她忽然停下来,遮住嘴巴。

I’ve said too much, oh gods be good, they’ll know, they’ll hear, someone will tell on me.

我怎么回事?诸神在上啊,竟然在他们面前说这些,如今覆水难收,早晚会有人告诉小乔……

“Go on.” It was Margaery who urged.

“继续,”催促的人变成了玛格丽。

Joffrey’s own queen-to-be.

她是乔佛里的未婚妻,

Sansa did not know how much she had heard.

珊莎不知她刚才听到多少。

“I can’t.”

“我不能说,”

What if she tells him, what if she tells?

如果她把我的话告诉他,如果她说出去?

He’ll kill me for certain then, or give me to Ser Ilyn.

他一定会杀了我,或把我送给伊林爵士。

“I never meant … my father was a traitor, my brother as well, I have the traitor’s blood, please, don’t make me say anymore.”

“我……我父亲是叛徒,我哥哥也是,我只是个叛徒之女,求求您们,别再让我说了。”

“Calm yourself, child,” the Queen of Thorns commanded.

“镇静,镇静!孩子。”荆棘女王命令。

“She’s terrified, Grandmother, just look at her.”

“她吓坏了,祖母,你看看她。”

The old woman called to Butterbumps.

老妇人朝黄油饼大喊,

“Fool! Give us a song.

“小丑!来,给我们唱个歌,

A long one, I should think.

唱个长点的,

‘The Bear and the Maiden Fair’ will do nicely.”

让让我想想……‘狗熊和美少女’很合适。”

“It will!” the huge jester replied.

“好!”肥大的小丑应道,

“It will do nicely indeed!

“说唱就唱!

Shall I sing it standing on my head, my lady?”

我可以倒立着唱吗,夫人?”

“Will that make it sound better?”

“这样会唱得好些?”

“No.”

“不会。”

“Stand on your feet, then.

“那就给我好好站着唱。

We wouldn’t want your hat to fall off.

我可不想你把帽子掉下来,

As I recall, you never wash your hair.”

就我所知,你从不洗头!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
bore [bɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 使厌烦
n. 讨厌的人,麻烦事

 
comely ['kʌmli]

想一想再看

adj. 清秀的,美丽的,合适的

联想记忆
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
reputation [.repju'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 声誉,好名声

联想记忆
abruptly [ə'brʌptli]

想一想再看

adv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不连贯地

联想记忆
traitor ['treitə]

想一想再看

n. 叛徒,卖国贼,出卖朋友者

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。