手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第47期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 珊莎(05)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Sansa’s mouth opened and closed.

珊莎的嘴张了又合,

She felt very like a puff fish herself.

她觉得自己就象条充气鱼。

“The Tyrells can trace their descent back to Garth Greenhand,” was the best she could manage at short notice.

“提利尔家的血统可以追溯到青手加尔斯,”这是仓促间她能找出的最佳答案。

The Queen of Thorns snorted.

荆棘女王不以为然,

“So can the Florents, the Rowans, the Oakhearts, and half the other noble houses of the south.

“有什么用?佛罗伦家、罗宛家、奥克赫特家……一半的南方贵族都一样。

Garth liked to plant his seed in fertile ground, they say.

都说加尔斯善于播种,使万物欣欣向荣,

I shouldn’t wonder that more than his hands were green.”

依我看,他用来播种的可不只手而已。”

“Sansa,” Lady Alerie broke in, “you must be very hungry.

“珊莎,”艾勒莉夫人打断谈话,“你一定饿坏了,

Shall we have a bite of boar together, and some lemon cakes?”

就让我们一起享用烤野猪和柠檬蛋糕吧?”

“Lemon cakes are my favorite,” Sansa admitted.

“我最喜欢柠檬蛋糕,”珊莎承认。

“So we have been told,”

“行了,我们都知道,”

declared Lady Olenna, who obviously had no intention of being hushed.

奥莲娜夫人宣布,她显然不打算住嘴。

“That Varys creature seemed to think we should be grateful for the information.

“瓦里斯那家伙似乎以为我们该为这点情报感谢他,

I’ve never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told.

如果照实说,我不太了解太监的思维模式,

It seems to me they’re only men with the useful bits cut off.

在我看来,他作为男人最有用的部位都给切掉了。

Alerie, will you have them bring the food, or do you mean to starve me to death?

艾勒莉,你叫上菜了吗,还是想活活饿死我啊?

Here, Sansa, sit here next to me, I’m much less boring than these others.

这儿,珊莎,坐我旁边,我可不像她们那么讨厌。

I hope that you’re fond of fools.”

你喜欢看小丑表演,对吧?”

Sansa smoothed down her skirts and sat.

珊莎扶平裙子,然后坐下,

“I think … fools, my lady?

“呃……小丑,夫人?

You mean … the sort in motley?”

您的意思是……穿杂色衣服的那种?”

“Feathers, in this case.

“今天他穿的是羽毛衣。

What did you imagine I was speaking of?

你以为我在说谁?

My son? Or these lovely ladies?

我儿子?这些可爱的女士?

No, don’t blush, with your hair it makes you look like a pomegranate.

不,别脸红,配上头发你看起来活像个大石榴。

All men are fools, if truth be told, but the ones in motley are more amusing than ones with crowns.

如果照实说,所有人都是小丑,而穿杂色衣服的比戴王冠的更有趣。

Margaery, child, summon Butterbumps, let us see if we can’t make Lady Sansa smile.

玛格丽,好孩子,召‘黄油饼’进来,让我们看看珊莎小姐的笑容。

The rest of you be seated, do I have to tell you everything?

你们其他人都坐下,我先前没交代吗?

Sansa must think that my granddaughter is attended by a flock of sheep.”

瞧你们的样子,珊莎一定以为我孙女身边是群绵羊呢。”

Butterbumps arrived before the food, dressed in a jester’s suit of green and yellow feathers with a floppy coxcomb.

黄油饼先于饭菜到来,此人穿着绿黄羽毛做的小丑套装,头插一根绵软的鸡冠花。

An immense round fat man, as big as three Moon Boys, he came cartwheeling into the hall,

他非常肥胖,圆滚身材,有三个月童那么大。他翻滚着进入大厅,

vaulted onto the table, and laid a gigantic egg right in front of Sansa.

跳上桌子,把一颗硕大的鸡蛋恰好放在珊莎面前。

“Break it, my lady,” he commanded.

“请敲碎它,小姐,”他指示。

When she did, a dozen yellow chicks escaped and began running in all directions.

于是她敲碎蛋壳,十来个黄色的小鸡从里面冒出来,四下乱跑。

“Catch them!” Butterbumps exclaimed.

“抓住它们!”黄油饼呼喊。

Little Lady Bulwer snagged one and handed it to him, whereby he tilted back his head,

年幼的布尔威伯爵夫人拦住一只,并把它交给黄油饼,

popped it into his huge rubbery mouth, and seemed to swallow it whole.

只见他昂头将小鸡塞进自己肥肿的大嘴里,似乎一口便吞了下去。

When he belched, tiny yellow feathers flew out his nose.

当他打嗝时,细小的黄羽毛从鼻子里飞出。

Lady Bulwer began to wail in distress,

布尔威伯爵夫人伤心得号啕大哭,

but her tears turned into a sudden squeal of delight when the chick came squirming out of the sleeve of her gown and ran down her arm.

可当她看见小鸡从自己的裙服袖子里蠕动而出、爬到手臂上时,眼泪又立刻化为喜悦的尖叫。

As the servants brought out a broth of leeks and mushrooms,

仆人们送上韭葱和蘑菇炖的肉汤,

Butterbumps began to juggle and Lady Olenna pushed herself forward to rest her elbows on the table.

黄油饼玩起杂耍,奥莲娜夫人把身子向前噌了噌,手肘靠在桌子上。

“Do you know my son, Sansa?

“你了解我儿子吗,珊莎?

Lord Puff Fish of Highgarden?”

你了解高庭的充气鱼大人吗?”

“A great lord,” Sansa answered politely.

“他是一个伟大的领主,”珊莎很有礼貌地回答。

“A great oaf,” said the Queen of Thorns.

“他是一个伟大的白痴。”荆棘女王纠正,

“His father was an oaf as well.

“他父亲同样是个白痴。

My husband, the late Lord Luthor.

我指的是我丈夫,前任公爵罗斯。

Oh, I loved him well enough, don’t mistake me.

啊,千万别误会,我很爱他,

A kind man, and not unskilled in the bedchamber, but an appalling oaf all the same.

他心地善良,在床上也不无能,可脑筋就是转不过弯来!你知道吗?

He managed to ride off a cliff whilst hawking.

猎鹰时,他竟从悬崖上掉了下去。

They say he was looking up at the sky and paying no mind to where his horse was taking him.

他们说,他一直盯着天空,根本没注意马。”

“And now my oaf son is doing the same, only he’s riding a lion instead of a palfrey.

“而现在呢,我的白痴儿子也在干同样的蠢事,只是他骑的换成了狮子而不是马。

It is easy to mount a lion and not so easy to get off, I warned him, but he only chuckles.

骑狮容易下狮难啊,我警告过他,可他只会傻笑。

Should you ever have a son, Sansa, beat him frequently so he learns to mind you.

如果你有了孩子,珊莎,记得常常责打,他才会听你的话。

I only had the one boy and I hardly beat him at all, so now he pays more heed to Butterbumps than he does to me.

我只有这一个儿子而我舍不得,所以他现在对黄油饼的兴趣都比对我的大。

A lion is not a lap cat, I told him, and he gives me a ‘tut-tut-Mother.’

我告诉他,狮子可不是随便能打发走的猫咪,而他把我当做‘唠叨的母亲。’

There is entirely too much tut-tutting in this realm, if you ask me.

如果你问我,我得说在这个国家里唠叨的人的确很多,

All these kings would do a deal better if they would put down their swords and listen to their mothers.”

而所有这些国王若肯先放下剑,听听他们母亲的话无疑会干得出色许多。”

Sansa realized that her mouth was open again.

珊莎意识到自己又张大了嘴巴。

She filled it with a spoon of broth while Lady Alerie and the other women were giggling at the spectacle of Butterbumps bouncing oranges off his head, his elbows, and his ample rump.

一旁,艾勒莉夫人和其他贵妇正被黄油饼的表演——用头、肘和宽大的臀部颠橘子——逗得大笑,她赶紧往嘴里塞了一勺肉汤。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
unskilled [.ʌn'skild]

想一想再看

adj. 不熟练的,未成熟的,拙劣的

 
amusing [ə'mju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有趣的,引人发笑的

 
starve [stɑ:v]

想一想再看

vi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死
vt. 使挨

 
fertile ['fə:tail]

想一想再看

adj. 肥沃的,富饶的,能繁殖的,多产的,(创造力)丰

联想记忆
appalling [ə'pɔ:liŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人震惊的,可怕的
动词appall

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
summon ['sʌmən]

想一想再看

vt. 召唤,召集,振奋

联想记忆
heed [hi:d]

想一想再看

n. 注意,留心
v. 注意,留心

联想记忆
distress [dis'tres]

想一想再看

n. 痛苦,苦恼,不幸
vt. 使痛苦,使苦恼

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。