手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第46期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 珊莎(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Last of all, Margaery brought her before the wizened white-haired doll of a woman at the head of the table.

最后,玛格丽把她领到长桌首位那个白发的干枯老妇人面前,

“I am honored to present my grandmother the Lady Olenna, widow to the late Luthor Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden,

“我很荣幸地向你介绍我的祖母奥莲娜夫人,前任高庭公爵罗斯·提利尔大人的遗孀——

whose memory is a comfort to us all.”

他的音容笑貌是我们共同的慰籍。”

The old woman smelled of rosewater.

老妇人身上散发出玫瑰香水味。

Why, she’s just the littlest bit of a thing.

她看起来好小啊,

There was nothing the least bit thorny about her.

怎可能有刺呢?

“Kiss me, child,”

“吻我,孩子,”

Lady Olenna said, tugging at Sansa’s wrist with a soft spotted hand.

奥莲娜夫人边说,边用斑驳柔滑的手拉住珊莎手腕,

“It is so kind of you to sup with me and my foolish flock of hens.”

“你真好心,肯来和我及我这群蠢母鸡们共进晚餐。”

Dutifully, Sansa kissed the old woman on the cheek.

珊莎恭敬地吻了老妇人的面颊,

“It is kind of you to have me, my lady.”

“不,是我该感谢的您好意,夫人。”

“I knew your grandfather, Lord Rickard, though not well.”

“我认识你祖父,瑞卡德公爵,虽然彼此了解不深。”

“He died before I was born.”

“他在我出生前就死了。”

“I am aware of that, child.

“是的,我想起来了,孩子。

It’s said that your Tully grandfather is dying too.

据说你的徒利外公也快死了,

Lord Hoster, surely they told you?

霍斯特公爵,他们告诉你了吧?

An old man, though not so old as me.

他是个老头,虽然没我岁数大,

Still, night falls for all of us in the end, and too soon for some.

但黑夜终究会降临到每个人头上,只是对某些人而言快一点。

You would know that more than most, poor child.

你比大多数人更能体会这点,可怜的孩子。

You’ve had your share of grief, I know.

我明白,你很悲伤,

We are sorry for your losses.”

我们都为你逝去的亲人们感到遗憾。”

Sansa glanced at Margaery.

珊莎瞟瞟玛格丽,

“I was saddened when I heard of Lord Renly’s death, Your Grace.

“当我听说蓝礼大人的死讯时,的确十分悲伤。陛下,

He was very gallant.”

他是多么堂皇的人儿啊。”

“You are kind to say so,” answered Margaery.

“你真好心。”玛格丽道。

Her grandmother snorted.

她祖母则嗤之以鼻,

“Gallant, yes, and charming, and very clean.

“没错,他堂皇,有魅力,澡也洗得干净。

He knew how to dress and he knew how to smile and he knew how to bathe, and somehow he got the notion that this made him fit to be king.

他知道如何打扮、如何微笑、如何沐浴,从而得出结论自己该当国王!

The Baratheons have always had some queer notions, to be sure.

毫无疑问,拜拉席恩家的人总有些荒唐念头,

It comes from their Targaryen blood, I should think.”

我觉得,这都是从他们的坦格利安血统中继承的。”

She sniffed.

她擤擤鼻子。

“They tried to marry me to a Targaryen once, but I soon put an end to that.”

“他们曾想让我嫁给坦格利安家的人,我可不依。”

“Renly was brave and gentle, Grandmother,” said Margaery.

“蓝礼既勇敢又温柔,祖母大人,”玛格丽说,

“Father liked him as well, and so did Loras.”

“父亲很喜欢他,洛拉斯更是尤有过之。”

“Loras is young,” Lady Olenna said crisply, “and very good at knocking men off horses with a stick.

“洛拉斯还小,”奥莲娜夫人直截了当地说,“善于用木棒把别人敲下马来,

That does not make him wise.

但这种运动不能让他变聪明。

As to your father, would that I’d been born a peasant woman with a big wooden spoon,

至于你父亲,我有时候觉得自己要是个乡下农妇就好了,才好拿大木勺敲他,

I might have been able to beat some sense into his fat head.”

把各种思量灌进那颗肥脑袋里。”

“Mother,” Lady Alerie scolded.

“母亲!”艾勒莉夫人申诉。

“Hush, Alerie, don’t take that tone with me.

“闭嘴,艾勒莉,少来这种语气。

And don’t call me Mother.

还有,别叫我母亲,

If I’d given birth to you, I’m sure I’d remember.

如果生过你,我会记得的。

I’m only to blame for your husband, the lord oaf of Highgarden.”

总而言之,我又没说你,只是责备我儿子,痴呆的高庭公爵。”

“Grandmother,” Margaery said, “mind your words, or what will Sansa think of us?”

“祖母,”玛格丽说,“注意一下言辞嘛,不然珊莎小姐会以为我们是一群怪人呢。”

“She might think we have some wits about us.

“她会以为我们是一群风趣的人,不管怎么说,

One of us, at any rate.”

至少我们中有一员是这样。”

The old woman turned back to Sansa.

老妇人转回珊莎的方向,

“It’s treason, I warned them, Robert has two sons, and Renly has an older brother, how can he possibly have any claim to that ugly iron chair?

“那是叛逆,我警告过他,劳勃有两个儿子,蓝礼还有位兄长,他怎么能要求那张丑陋的铁椅子呢?

Tut-tut, says my son, don’t you want your sweetling to be queen?

啧-啧,我儿子告诉我,您就不想让您的甜心当上王后吗?

You Starks were kings once, the Arryns and the Lannisters as well, and even the Baratheons through the female line,

你们史塔克家族曾经世代为王,艾林家族和兰尼斯特家族也是,即便拜拉席恩家,从母系计算也是古代的王族,

but the Tyrells were no more than stewards until Aegon the Dragon came along and cooked the rightful King of the Reach on the Field of Fire.

只有提利尔家在龙王伊耿于‘怒火燎原’一役中烧掉正统的河湾王以前不过是总管地位。

If truth be told, even our claim to Highgarden is a bit dodgy, just as those dreadful Florents are always whining.

如果照实说,正如讨厌的佛罗伦家经常哀号的那样,我们家对高庭的权利确实有点站不住脚。

‘What does it matter?’ you ask, and of course it doesn’t, except to oafs like my son.

‘这有什么关系?’你问,无疑这没关系,除非是碰上我儿子这样的呆瓜。

The thought that one day he may see his grandson with his arse on the Iron Throne makes Mace puff up like … now, what do you call it?

将来可能看见孙子坐上铁王座的前景让他自我膨胀,就像个……得,你们怎么称呼那个?

Margaery, you’re clever, be a dear and tell your poor old half-daft grandmother the name of that queer fish from the Summer Isles that puffs up to ten times its own size when you poke it.”

玛格丽,你最聪明,行行好,告诉你可怜、半聋的老祖母,那种产自盛夏群岛、一戳就膨胀十倍的怪鱼叫什么名字?”

“They call them puff fish, Grandmother.”

“他们叫它充气鱼,祖母。”

“Of course they do.

“它就是那样,

Summer Islanders have no imagination.

盛夏群岛人可没夸大其词。

My son ought to take the puff fish for his sigil, if truth be told.

如果照实说,我儿子该拿充气鱼当纹章,

He could put a crown on it, the way the Baratheons do their stag, mayhap that would make him happy.

最好还弄顶王冠戴在鱼头上,就像拜拉席恩家在他们的雄鹿上弄的一样,这样该心满意足了。

We should have stayed well out of all this bloody foolishness if you ask me,

如果你问我,我得说我们本应和这状该死的愚行保持距离,

but once the cow’s been milked there’s no squirting the cream back up her udder.

挤下的乳汁可不能注回乳房去。

After Lord Puff Fish put that crown on Renly’s head, we were into the pudding up to our knees, so here we are to see things through.

充气鱼大人给蓝礼公爵戴上王冠以后,我们家就只好没完没了地下跪,还被别人牵着鼻子走。

And what do you say to that, Sansa?”

你对此怎么看,珊莎?”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
wrist [rist]

想一想再看

n. 手腕,护腕

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
throne [θrəun]

想一想再看

n. 王座,君主

 
flock [flɔk]

想一想再看

n. 一群(人,兽),大堆
v. 成群而行,聚

 
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
charming ['tʃɑ:miŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
poke [pəuk]

想一想再看

n. 刺,戳,袋
vt. 拨开,刺,戳

联想记忆
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。