手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第37期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(07)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“The woods are full of beasts,” he reminded his father.

“林子里到处都找得到野兽,”他提醒父亲,

“The alleyways as well.”

“小巷中也有。”

“True. Perhaps other dogs would hunt as well.

“不错,也许可以换只狗,

I shall think on it.

我会仔细考虑。

If there is nothing else …”

那么,如果没别的事……”

“You have important letters, yes.”

“你有几封重要信件要写,是的。”

Tyrion rose on unsteady legs, closed his eyes for an instant as a wave of dizziness washed over him, and took a shaky step toward the door.

提利昂用摇晃的腿撑起身子,眩晕的浪涛从头到脚地掠过,他闭了会儿眼,稳定心神,才颤动着向大门迈了一步。

Later, he would reflect that he should have taken a second, and then a third.

他以为自己会走第二步,接下来是第三步,

Instead he turned.

但相反,他回过了头。

“What do I want, you ask?

“您刚才问我想要什么?

I’ll tell you what I want.

那好,我就告诉你,

I want what is mine by rights.

我要的只是照权利属于我的东西。

I want Casterly Rock.”

我要凯岩城。”

His father’s mouth grew hard.

父亲的嘴闭得更紧,

“Your brother’s birthright?”

“那你哥哥怎么办?”

“The knights of the Kingsguard are forbidden to marry, to father children, and to hold land, you know that as well as I.

“御林铁卫的骑士不准结婚,不得生子,不能据地,你同我一样对此心知肚明,别再自欺欺人了。

The day Jaime put on that white cloak, he gave up his claim to Casterly Rock, but never once have you acknowledged it.

詹姆从披上白袍那天起,就自动放弃了对凯岩城的继承权,只是你从不肯承认。

It’s past time.

过去的事我们不提,

I want you to stand up before the realm and proclaim that I am your son and your lawful heir.”

现在我想要你当着全国诸侯的面宣布我是你的儿子和法定继承人。”

Lord Tywin’s eyes were a pale green flecked with gold, as luminous as they were merciless.

泰温公爵淡绿眼睛里的金黄瞳仁就像融化一般发出光芒,却不带丝毫情感。

“Casterly Rock,” he declared in a flat cold dead tone.

“凯岩城,”他用平板、冷淡、死寂的语气念道,

And then,

然后加上一句,

“Never.”

“决不。”

The word hung between them, huge, sharp, poisoned.

这个词悬在父子之间,庞大,锋利,充满毒素。

I knew the answer before I asked, Tyrion thought.

开口之前我就知道了答案,提利昂心想,

Eighteen years since Jaime joined the Kingsguard, and I never once raised the issue.

詹姆加入御林铁卫已经十八年,我却从不敢提出这个话题。

I must have known. I must always have known.

我早就知道。我早就心知肚明。

“Why?”

“为什么?”

he made himself ask, though he knew he would rue the question.

他强迫自己问,明知自己不会喜欢父亲的回答。

“You ask that?

“你居然还问我这个?

You, who killed your mother to come into the world?

你,你这个害死母亲而出世的人?

You are an ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning.

你是个怪胎、畸形、不听话的主;在你心中装满妒忌、充斥着恶意;你淫欲缠身,尽耍小聪明。

Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine.

世人的律法让你冠我的姓氏、穿我的衣服,因为我无法证明你不是我的种。

To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father’s sigil and his father’s before him.

为了教导我谦逊之道,诸神迫使我目睹你佩着雄狮纹章四处蹒跚招摇,那可是我父亲的纹章,我祖父的纹章,兰尼斯特家族的纹章!

But neither gods nor men shall ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse.”

但无论诸神还是世人都不能强迫我把凯岩城交给你,让它变成你的妓院。”

“My whorehouse?”

“我的妓院?”

The dawn broke; Tyrion understood all at once where this bile had come from.

云散天开了,提利昂一下子明白他的怒气从何而来。

He ground his teeth together and said,

他咬紧牙关,

“Cersei told you about Alayaya.”

“瑟曦拿爱拉雅雅的事向你告状。”

“Is that her name?

“她叫这个名字?

I confess, I cannot remember the names of all your whores.

抱歉,我可记不住你那堆妓女。

Who was the one you married as a boy?”

比如,你小时候娶的那个叫什么?”

“Tysha.”

“泰莎。”

He spat out the answer, defiant.

他吐出这回答,摆好挑战的姿势。

“And that camp follower on the Green Fork?”

“红叉河畔那个营妓呢?”

“Why do you care?”

“你为什么关心?”

he asked, unwilling even to speak Shae’s name in his presence.

他答道,不愿在父亲面前提起雪伊的名字。

“I don’t.

“我才不关心。

No more than I care if they live or die.”

她们死活都不干我事。”

“It was you who had Yaya whipped.”

“原来是你下令鞭打雅雅的。”

It was not a question.

这不是提问。

“Your sister told me of your threats against my grandsons.”

“你姐姐把你对我孙子的威胁告诉了我,”

Lord Tywin’s voice was colder than ice.

泰温公爵的声调赛过寒冰,

“Did she lie?”

“她说谎了吗?”

Tyrion would not deny it.

提利昂无法否认,

“I made threats, yes.

“是的,我那样说过,

To keep Alayaya safe.

但只是为了保证爱拉雅雅的安全,

So the Kettleblacks would not misuse her.”

让凯特布莱克们不至于虐待她。”

“To save a whore’s virtue, you threatened your own House, your own kin?

“为一个妓女的安全,你居然威胁自己的家族,自己的亲属?

Is that the way of it?”

这就是你的行事之道?”

“You were the one who taught me that a good threat is often more telling than a blow.

“是你教导我,成功的威胁比直接的打击更有效。

Not that Joffrey hasn’t tempted me sore a few hundred times.

我在君临主政期间,若非如此施为,只怕乔佛里早就把家给败光了!

If you’re so anxious to whip people, start with him.

你想鞭打人,应该从他开始。

But Tommen … why would I harm Tommen?

但托曼不一样……我怎会伤害托曼?

He’s a good lad, and mine own blood.”

他不仅是个好孩子,还是我自己的血亲。”

“As was your mother.”

“就象你母亲一样?”

Lord Tywin rose abruptly, to tower over his dwarf son.

泰温公爵突然站起来,高高俯瞰着侏儒儿子。

“Go back to your bed, Tyrion, and speak to me no more of your rights to Casterly Rock.

“回去,提利昂,再也休提凯岩城的继承权。

You shall have your reward, but it shall be one I deem appropriate to your service and station.

你会得到奖赏,但那将是适合你的服务和位置的那份。

And make no mistake—this was the last time I will suffer you to bring shame onto House Lannister.

千万别搞错——这是我最后一次容忍你使兰尼斯特家族蒙羞。

You are done with whores.

再也不得跟妓女鬼混。

The next one I find in your bed, I’ll hang.”

下次教我在你床上发现,我就吊死她。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
devious ['di:viəs]

想一想再看

adj. 迂回的,弯曲的,不正直的

联想记忆
abruptly [ə'brʌptli]

想一想再看

adv. 突然地,莽撞地,陡峭地,不连贯地

联想记忆
reflect [ri'flekt]

想一想再看

v. 反映,反射,归咎

联想记忆
dizziness ['dizinis]

想一想再看

n. 头昏眼花,眩晕

 
disobedient [,disə'bi:djənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不服从的;违背的;不孝的

 
virtue ['və:tju:]

想一想再看

n. 美德,德行,优点,贞操

联想记忆
spat [spæt]

想一想再看

n. 贝卵,蚝卵,蚝仔 n. 鞋罩 n. 小争吵,轻打声

联想记忆
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
bile [bail]

想一想再看

n. 胆汁,坏脾气,愤怒

联想记忆
unwilling ['ʌn'wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 不愿意的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。