手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第36期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(06)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

But without proof Lord Tywin would never listen to such a charge.

但他没有证据,泰温公爵是不会接受这样的指控的。“

“Why are you here in the city, Father?” he asked.

您怎么还留在城里,父亲?”他问,

“Shouldn’t you be off fighting Lord Stannis or Robb Stark or someone?”

“您不去对付史坦尼斯大人或者罗柏·史塔克再或者其他什么人吗?”

And the sooner the better.

而且越早越好。

“Until Lord Redwyne brings his fleet up, we lack the ships to assail Dragonstone.

“在雷德温大人的舰队赶到之前,我们无法攻打龙石岛。

It makes no matter.

没关系,

Stannis Baratheon’s sun set on the Blackwater.

史坦尼斯·拜拉席恩的太阳已经在黑水河沉没,再也不可能升起。

As for Stark, the boy is still in the west,

至于史塔克,那小子人还在西境,

but a large force of northmen under Helman Tallhart and Robett Glover are descending toward Duskendale.

但另一支由赫曼·陶哈和罗贝特·葛洛佛指挥的北方大军正攻向暮谷城,

I’ve sent Lord Tarly to meet them, while Ser Gregor drives up the kingsroad to cut off their retreat.

我派塔利伯爵正面迎敌,同时让格雷果爵士沿国王大道进发,以切断他们的后路。

Tallhart and Glover will be caught between them, with a third of Stark’s strength.”

陶哈和葛洛佛将被夹在中间,史塔克军三分之一的战力已经注定要被勾销掉。”

“Duskendale?”

“暮谷城?”

There was nothing at Duskendale worth such a risk.

暮谷城毫无战略意义,

Had the Young Wolf finally blundered?

少狼主干嘛急着拿下它?

“It’s nothing you need trouble yourself with.

“这些你都不需要关心。

Your face is pale as death, and there’s blood seeping through your dressings.

你的脸苍白得跟死人一样,竟还有血从衣服里渗出来。

Say what you want and take yourself back to bed.”

想要什么就快说,然后给我回床上去。”

“What I want …”

“我想要……”

His throat felt raw and tight.

他的喉咙干燥而紧张。

What did he want?

我想要什么?

More than you can ever give me, Father.

比你打算给我的多,父亲。

“Pod tells me that Littlefinger’s been made Lord of Harrenhal.”

“波德告诉我,小指头当上了赫伦堡公爵。”

“An empty title, so long as Roose Bolton holds the castle for Robb Stark, yet Lord Baelish was desirous of the honor.

“不过是空头衔。眼下卢斯·波顿为罗柏·史塔克守着赫伦堡,培提尔大人又极渴望光耀门楣。

He did us good service in the matter of the Tyrell marriage.

怎么说,他毕竟在达成提利尔的婚约一事上为我们作了很大贡献。

A Lannister pays his debts.”

兰尼斯特有债必还。”

The Tyrell marriage had been Tyrion’s notion, in point of fact, but it would seem churlish to try to claim that now.

事实上,和提利尔的婚约是提利昂的主意,可现在说出来也太斤斤计较。

“That title may not be as empty as you think,” he warned.

“这头衔并不像您想象的那么空洞,”他警告,

“Littlefinger does nothing without good reason.

“除非有利可图,否则小指头决不出手。

But be that as it may.

当然,事情已经公布,也只好暂时作罢。

You said something about paying debts, I believe?”

您提到还债的事?”

“And you want your own reward, is that it?

“而你想要自己的奖赏,对吧?

Very well.

很好,

What is it you would have of me?

你想从我这儿得到什么?

Lands, castle, some office?”

领地?城堡?官位?”

“A little bloody gratitude would make a nice start.”

“一点该死的感激会是一个不错的开始。”

Lord Tywin stared at him, unblinking.

泰温公爵目不转睛瞪着他,

“Mummers and monkeys require applause.

“猴子和戏子才需要喝彩,

So did Aerys, for that matter.

还有伊里斯。

You did as you were commanded, and I am sure it was to the best of your ability.

你指挥得很好,我承认这点,

No one denies the part you played.”

无人否定你所扮演的角色。”

“That part I played?”

“我所扮演的角色?”

What nostrils Tyrion had left must surely have flared.

提利昂残余的鼻孔几乎要喷出火来,

“I saved your bloody city, it seems to me.”

“照我看来,正是我一人拯救了这个该死的城市。”

“Most people seem to feel that it was my attack on Lord Stannis’s flank that turned the tide of battle.

“不对,大家公认是我对史坦尼斯大人的突袭扭转了局面。

Lords Tyrell, Rowan, Redwyne, and Tarly fought nobly as well,

提利尔大人,罗宛、雷德温和塔利,他们打得都很出色,

and I’m told it was your sister Cersei who set the pyromancers to making the wildfire that destroyed the Baratheon fleet.”

别人还告诉我,那摧毁拜拉席恩舰队的野火也是你姐姐瑟曦让炼金术士们提供的。”

“While all I did was get my nosehairs trimmed, is that it?”

“而我做的只是修剪鼻毛,对吗?”

Tyrion could not keep the bitterness out of his voice.

提利昂无法压抑愤懑的声调。

“Your chain was a clever stroke, and crucial to our victory.

“拦江铁索是个好主意,它替我们锁定了胜局,

Is that what you wanted to hear?

你就想听我说这个?

I am told we have you to thank for our Dornish alliance as well.

当然,我还应当感谢你为我们达成与多恩领的联盟。

You may be pleased to learn that Myrcella has arrived safely at Sunspear.

弥塞拉已安全抵达阳戢城,你该高兴才是。

Ser Arys Oakheart writes that she has taken a great liking to Princess Arianne, and that Prince Trystane is enchanted with her.

亚历斯·奥克赫特爵士信中说,她喜欢上了亚莲恩公主,而崔斯丹王子为她着迷。

I mislike giving House Martell a hostage, but I suppose that could not be helped.”

但说到底,我厌恶送给马泰尔家人质,毫无必要的举措。”

“We’ll have our own hostage,” Tyrion said.

“我们也将得到人质,”提利昂说,

“A council seat was also part of the bargain.

“我允诺道朗亲王御前会议中的重臣席位,

Unless Prince Doran brings an army when he comes to claim it, he’ll be putting himself in our power.”

除非他带着大军前来,否则在这儿便会任我们摆布。”

“Would that a council seat were all Martell came to claim,” Lord Tywin said.

“但愿重臣席位是马泰尔家要求的一切,”泰温公爵说,

“You promised him vengeance as well.”

“你还许诺为他复仇。”

“I promised him justice.”

“我许诺还他正义。”

“Call it what you will.

“随你怎么说。

It still comes down to blood.”

关键这事需要流血。”

“Not an item in short supply, surely?

“血,肯定不是件紧俏东西,对吧?

I splashed through lakes of it during the battle.”

打仗的时候,我就在血泊中奔波呢。”

Tyrion saw no reason not to cut to the heart of the matter.

提利昂不想兜圈子,

“Or have you grown so fond of Gregor Clegane that you cannot bear to part with him?”

“莫非您喜欢上了格雷果·克里冈,以至于无法放弃他?”

“Ser Gregor has his uses, as did his brother.

“和他弟弟一样,格雷果爵士有他的用处。

Every lord has need of a beast from time to time … a lesson you seem to have learned, judging from Ser Bronn and those clansmen of yours.”

想要在权力的游戏中胜出的人,身边都需要野兽……从波隆爵士和那些原住民看来,你已经学会了这一课。”

Tyrion thought of Timett’s burned eye, Shagga with his axe, Chella in her necklace of dried ears.

提利昂想起提魅烧烂的眼睛,夏嘎的战斧,齐拉的人耳项链,

And Bronn.

还有波隆。

Bronn most of all.

尤其是波隆。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
drives

想一想再看

n. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)

 
bitterness ['bitənis]

想一想再看

n. 苦味,悲痛,怨恨

 
crucial ['kru:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 关键的,决定性的

联想记忆
assail [ə'seil]

想一想再看

vt. 猛烈攻击,言语抨击

联想记忆
pod [pɔd]

想一想再看

n. 豆荚 v. 剥掉(豆荚)

联想记忆
gratitude ['grætitju:d]

想一想再看

n. 感恩之心

联想记忆
axe [æks]

想一想再看

n. 斧,乐器,突然去除
vt. 用斧砍,突然

 
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
stark [stɑ:k]

想一想再看

adj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad

 
applause [ə'plɔ:z]

想一想再看

n. 鼓掌,喝彩,赞许
v. 鼓掌

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。