手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第35期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 提利昂(05)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The way was up more steps, but this time he climbed under his own power, with one hand on Pod’s shoulder.

上楼的台阶更多,但这回他只搭着波德的肩,靠自己的力量爬了上去。

Bronn opened the door for him.

波隆为他开门。

Lord Tywin Lannister was seated beneath the window, writing by the glow of an oil lamp.

泰温·兰尼斯特公爵坐在窗下,就着油灯书写信件,

He raised his eyes at the sound of the latch.

听到门闩的声音,才抬了抬眼。

“Tyrion.”

“提利昂,”

Calmly, he laid his quill aside.

他平静地说,一边放下手中的鹅毛笔。

“I’m pleased you remember me, my lord.”

“真是荣幸,您居然还认得我,大人,”

Tyrion released his grip on Pod, leaned his weight on the stick, and waddled closer.

提利昂松开波德,把身体靠住拐棍,蹒跚着走上前。

Something is wrong, he knew at once.

什么事情不对劲,他突然意识到。

“Ser Bronn,” Lord Tywin said,

“波隆爵士,”泰温公爵说,

“Podrick.

“波德瑞克。

Perhaps you had best wait without until we are done.”

在我们谈话期间,你们最好在外面等。”

The look Bronn gave the Hand was little less than insolent;

波隆望向首相的眼神很难说不是傲慢,

nonetheless, he bowed and withdrew, with Pod on his heels.

但最后他鞠个躬,退了出去,波德跟着他。

The heavy door swung shut behind them, and Tyrion Lannister was alone with his father.

沉重的大门在他们身后紧紧关闭,剩下提利昂·兰尼斯特独自面对他的父亲,

Even with the windows of the solar shuttered against the night, the chill in the room was palpable.

现在是夜晚,就连窄窗也全部关上,但屋内的寒气依旧十分逼人。

What sort of lies has Cersei been telling him?

瑟曦给他灌输了些什么谎话?

The Lord of Casterly Rock was as lean as a man twenty years younger, even handsome in his austere way.

凯岩城公爵和比他年轻二十岁的人一样硬朗,那严峻的神情中,甚至还透出几分英气。

Stiff blond whiskers covered his cheeks, framing a stern face, a bald head, a hard mouth.

结实的金色胡须掩盖了他的下颚,衬托出一张严厉的脸、一个秃头和一张紧闭的嘴巴。

About his throat he wore a chain of golden hands, the fingers of each clasping the wrist of the next.

金手组成的项链挂在他脖子上,每根手指都扣住另一只手的手腕。

“That’s a handsome chain,” Tyrion said.

“好漂亮的项链,”提利昂说。

Though it looked better on me.

它更应该戴在我身上。

Lord Tywin ignored the sally.

泰温公爵不理他话中带刺,

“You had best be seated.

“你给我坐下。

Is it wise for you to be out of your sickbed?”

这么着急地离开病床,明智吗?”

“I am sick of my sickbed.”

“我受够了那张病床,”

Tyrion knew how much his father despised weakness.

提利昂知道父亲有多鄙视虚弱。

He claimed the nearest chair.

他走向最近的椅子,

“Such pleasant chambers you have.

“瞧,您的房间多好。

Would you believe it, while I was dying, someone moved me to a dark little cell in Maegor’s?”

说出来都没人相信,当我奄奄一息时,他们居然把我扔到梅葛楼下的小黑牢里。”

“The Red Keep is overcrowded with wedding guests.

“红堡里挤满了来参加婚礼的客人,

Once they depart, we will find you more suitable accommodations.”

等他们离开后,我们自然会给你换个舒服的地方。”

“I rather liked these accommodations.

“哦?非常感谢。

Have you set a date for this great wedding?”

大婚的日子定了吗?”

“Joffrey and Margaery shall marry on the first day of the new year, which as it happens is also the first day of the new century.

“乔佛里和玛格丽将在新年的第一天完婚,那也是新世纪的第一天,

The ceremony will herald the dawn of a new era.”

而典礼将宣告一个新时代的到来。”

A new Lannister era, thought Tyrion.

一个兰尼斯特的新时代,提利昂心想。

“Oh, bother, I fear I’ve made other plans for that day.”

“好吧,父亲,看来那天我只好推掉其他约会啰,”

“Did you come here just to complain of your bedchamber and make your lame japes?

“你来这儿就为着抱怨卧室和开些蹩脚玩笑?

I have important letters to finish.”

省省吧,我有几封重要信件要写。”

“Important letters. To be sure.”

“重要信件。当然。当然。”

“Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.

“有的胜利靠宝剑和长矛赢取,有的胜利则要靠纸笔和乌鸦。

Spare me these coy reproaches, Tyrion.

好啦,你是来责备我的吧,别遮遮掩掩,提利昂。

I visited your sickbed as often as Maester Ballabar would allow it, when you seemed like to die.”

我在巴拉拔学士允许的范围内多次到病床前看望过你,当时你跟死人没两样。”

He steepled his fingers under his chin.

泰温公爵十指交叉,顶着下巴,

“Why did you dismiss Ballabar?”

“你为何赶走巴拉拔?”

Tyrion shrugged.

提利昂耸耸肩,

“Maester Frenken is not so determined to keep me insensate.”

“法兰肯学士不会让我继续沉睡。”

“Ballabar came to the city in Lord Redwyne’s retinue.

“巴拉拔学士是雷德温大人的随员,

A gifted healer, it’s said.

他的医术,众人有口皆碑。

It was kind of Cersei to ask him to look after you.

瑟曦想得周到,特意推荐他来照顾你,

She feared for your life.”

她很为你的性命担忧。”

Feared that I might keep it, you mean.

只怕她担忧的是我保住小命吧。

“Doubtless that’s why she’s never once left my bedside.”

“那当然,所以她才一直守在我床前啰。”

“Don’t be impertinent.

“你这样讲,实在很不恰当。

Cersei has a royal wedding to plan, I am waging a war, and you have been out of danger for at least a fortnight.”

瑟曦要操办国王的婚礼,我则要统辖战争,而至少两周前你就脱离了生命危险。”

Lord Tywin studied his son’s disfigured face, his pale green eyes unflinching.

泰温大人审视着儿子丑陋的面孔,淡绿的眼睛毫不退缩,

“Though the wound is ghastly enough, I’ll grant you.

“的确,好可怕的伤,

What madness possessed you?”

你当时究竟在发什么疯?”

“The foe was at the gates with a battering ram.

“敌军带着攻城锤冲向大门。

If Jaime had led the sortie, you’d call it valor.”

若是詹姆率队出击,您会称之为英勇。”

“Jaime would never be so foolish as to remove his helm in battle.

“詹姆不会蠢到在战斗中脱下头盔。

I trust you killed the man who cut you?”

我相信,你已经把伤你的人给杀了?”

“Oh, the wretch is dead enough.”

“不错,那可怜虫死透了。”

Though it had been Podrick Payne who’d killed Ser Mandon, shoving him into the river to drown beneath the weight of his armor.

其实曼登爵士是教波德瑞克·派恩干掉,他被推进河里,铠甲的重量使他再也没有浮上来。

“A dead enemy is a joy forever,”

“死去的对手就是我的欢乐,”

Tyrion said blithely, though Ser Mandon was not his true enemy.

提利昂甜甜地说。不过曼登爵士并非他真正的对手,

The man had no reason to want him dead.

他没有杀他的理由。

He was only a catspaw, and I believe I know the cat.

他只是猫的爪子,而我知道猫是谁,

She told him to make certain I did not survive the battle.

是她,想确保我上战场一去不回。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stiff [stif]

想一想再看

adj. 硬的,僵直的,生硬的,拘谨的,不灵活的

 
austere [ɔ:'stiə]

想一想再看

adj. 严峻的,严格的,简朴的,禁欲的,苦行的

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
quill [kwil]

想一想再看

n. 羽茎,大翎毛,鹅毛笔,(豪猪等动物的)刺 ,纬管

联想记忆
suitable ['sju:təbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合适的,适宜的
adv. 合适

 
ceremony ['seriməni]

想一想再看

n. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪

 
determined [di'tə:mind]

想一想再看

adj. 坚毅的,下定决心的

 
framing ['reimiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 取景;[计]组帧;设计;框架 v. 制定;构造;装

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。