手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第29期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 艾莉亚(04)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“But,” said Hot Pie, “that’s hardly any ways at all.

“可是,”热派道,“照你这么说,我们几乎就没动。

See, Harrenhal’s there by your finger, you’re almost touching it.

瞧,你指着这里说这是赫伦堡,而你现在几乎还指在这儿!

And we rode all day!”

可我们都骑了一整天了!”

“There’s miles and miles before we reach the Trident,” she said.

“赫伦堡离三叉戟河有很长的距离,”她说,

“We won’t be there for days.

“不走上好多天是不可能到的。

This must be some different river, one of these, see.”

前面一定是另外的河,这些河中的一条,瞧。”

She showed him some of the thinner blue lines the mapmaker had painted in, each with a name painted in fine script beneath it.

她指点着地图所标示的若干细蓝线,每条线下都注释着名称。

“The Darry, the Greenapple, the Maiden … here, this one, the Little Willow, it might be that.”

“戴瑞河,绿苹果江,少女河……这里,这条河,小柳江,应该是这条。”

Hot Pie looked from the line to the river.

热派瞪着那细线,再瞧瞧面前的河流,

“It doesn’t look so little to me.”

“可我觉得它并不小呀。”

Gendry was frowning as well.

詹德利同样皱起眉头,

“The one you’re pointing at runs into that other one, see.”

“你指的这条河将注入另一条河里,呶。”

“The Big Willow,” she read.

“大柳江,”她念道。

“The Big Willow, then.

“照图看来,

See, and the Big Willow runs into the Trident, so we could follow the one to the other, but we’d need to go downstream, not up.

这条大柳江会注入三叉戟河,所以我们可跟着小柳江,走到大柳江,再到三叉戟河,但方向得往下游,不能往上。

Only if this river isn’t the Little Willow, if it’s this other one here …”

不过,如果这河不是小柳江,而是旁边那条……”

“Rippledown Rill,” Arya read.

“碧波溪,”艾莉亚读道。

“See, it loops around and flows down toward the lake, back to Harrenhal.”

“看,它弯弯曲曲,最后流进湖里,回到了赫伦堡。”

He traced the line with a finger.

男孩用手指追溯着细线。

Hot Pie’s eyes grew wide.

热派的眼睛瞪得象灯笼。

“No! They’ll kill us for sure.”

“不!我们一定会被杀的!”

“We have to know which river this is,” declared Gendry, in his stubbornest voice.

“我们得先弄明白这究竟是哪条河,”詹德利宣布,用的是他最顽固的声调,

“We have to know.”

“必须弄明白。”

“Well, we don’t.”

“不,没这个必要。”

The map might have names written beside the blue lines, but no one had written a name on the riverbank.

地图的蓝线旁注有名字,河堤边却不会写标语。

“We won’t go up or downstream,” she decided, rolling up the map.

“我们既无需往上游走,也没必要向下游,”她下定决心,卷起了地图,

“We’ll cross and keep going north, like we were.”

“我们越过它,继续往北,就跟开始一样。”

“Can horses swim?” asked Hot Pie.

“这马能游过去吗?”热派疑惑地问,

“It looks deep, Arry.

“看上去很深耶,阿利,

What if there are snakes?”

里面有蛇怎么办?”

“Are you sure we’re going north?” asked Gendry.

“关键不是这个问题,问题是你能否确定我们一直在往北走?”詹德利不肯让步,

“All these hills … if we got turned around …”

“瞧瞧周围的丘陵……搞不好我们一直在原地打转……”

“The moss on the trees—”

“树下的苔藓……”

He pointed to a nearby tree.

他指着最近那棵树,

“That tree’s got moss on three sides, and that next one has no moss at all.

“这树三面都长着苔藓,而那边那棵一点苔藓都没有。

We could be lost, just riding around in a circle.”

我们很可能已经迷路了。”

“We could be,” said Arya,

“也许罢,”艾莉亚说,

“but I’m going to cross the river anyway.

“但无论如何,我都要跨过这条河,

You can come or you can stay here.”

你不愿跟上就待在这儿吧。”

She climbed back into the saddle, ignoring the both of them.

她重新爬上马背,不再搭理两个男孩。

If they didn’t want to follow, they could find Riverrun on their own, though more likely the Mummers would just find them.

就算他们不跟我走,或许也能找到奔流城,只是多半会被血戏子们先抓住。

She had to ride a good half mile along the bank before she finally found a place where it looked as though it might be safe to cross,

她沿着河堤骑,走了大半里,才找到一个似乎可以过河的地方,

and even then her mare was reluctant to enter the water.

即便在这儿,她的母马也不情愿下水。

The river, whatever its name, was running brown and fast, and the deep part in the middle came up past the horse’s belly.

甭管河的名称到底是什么,反正它又浑又急,河道中央的水直漫到马腹。

Water filled her boots, but she pressed in her heels all the same and climbed out on the far bank.

鞋子浸透了,但她夹紧马蹬,爬上对岸。

From behind she heard splashing, and a mare’s nervous whinny.

这时,身后传来“扑通”声,以及母马紧张的嘶鸣。

They followed, then. Good.

他们终于还是来了,真不错。

She turned to watch as the boys struggled across and emerged dripping beside her.

她调过马头,目睹男孩们挣扎着渡河,最后湿漉漉地站在她身边。

“It wasn’t the Trident,” she told them.

“这里不是三叉戟河,”她告诉他们,

“It wasn’t.”

“这里不是。”

The next river was shallower and easier to ford.

接下来的第二条河没那么深,也更容易通过。

That one wasn’t the Trident either, and no one argued with her when she told them they would cross it.

这也不是三叉戟河。没有人提出争议。

Dusk was settling as they stopped to rest the horses once more and share another meal of bread and cheese.

再次休息时,天色已渐渐变暗,他们放开马,拿出面包和奶酪。

“I’m cold and wet,” Hot Pie complained.

“又湿又冷,”热派抱怨,

“We’re a long way from Harrenhal now, for sure.

“我们离赫伦堡够远了,肯定很远了,

We could have us a fire—”

应该把火——”

“NO!”

“不行!”

Arya and Gendry both said, at the exact same instant.

艾莉亚和詹德利异口同声地喊,

Hot Pie quailed a little.

热派吓得缩了回去。

Arya gave Gendry a sideways look.

艾莉亚斜眼瞟瞟詹德利。

He said it with me, like Jon used to do, back in Winterfell.

他和我异口同声,像琼恩以前那样。

She missed Jon Snow the most of all her brothers.

她想起在临冬城的岁月,在众兄弟之中她最思念的无疑是琼恩·雪诺。

“Could we sleep at least?”

“至少睡个觉?”

Hot Pie asked.

热派继续求告,

“I’m so tired, Arry, and my arse is sore.

“我真的很累,阿利,屁股痛得要命咧,

I think I’ve got blisters.”

我想一定起水泡了。”

“You’ll have more than that if you’re caught,” she said.

“被抓着的话,你会更惨的,”艾莉亚道,

“We’ve got to keep going. We’ve got to.”

“我们别无选择,只能继续前进。”

“But it’s almost dark, and you can’t even see the moon.”

“可天已快黑了,今晚连月亮都没有……”

“Get back on your horse.”

“少罗嗦,上马吧!”

Plodding along at a slow walking pace as the light faded around them, Arya found her own exhaustion weighing heavy on her.

光线逐渐消失,他们缓慢前行,艾莉亚惊觉身体越来越沉。

She needed sleep as much as Hot Pie, but they dare not.

她明白自己像热派一样需要休息,可她哪敢呀?

If they slept, they might open their eyes to find Vargo Hoat standing over them with Shagwell the Fool and Faithful Urswyck and Rorge and Biter and Septon Utt and all his other monsters.

如果睡着了,也许等睁开眼,就会看到瓦戈·赫特站在面前,身旁是小丑夏格维、“虔诚的”乌斯威克、罗尔杰、尖牙、厄特修士这些怪物们。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
faithful ['feiθfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 如实的,忠诚的,忠实的

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
reluctant [ri'lʌktənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不情愿的,勉强的

 
plodding

想一想再看

adj. 单调乏味的;沉重缓慢的 v. 沉重地走;辛勤工

 
mare [mer]

想一想再看

n. 母马,母驴 n. (月球等)表面阴暗处

联想记忆
saddle ['sædl]

想一想再看

n. 鞍,车座,山脊,拖具
vt. 装以马鞍,

联想记忆
script [skript]

想一想再看

n. 手稿,脚本,手迹
vt. 为...

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。