手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第20期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 凯特琳(01)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

CATELYN

凯特琳

Ser Desmond Grell had served House Tully all his life.

戴斯蒙·格瑞尔爵士终其一生都在侍奉徒利家族。

He had been a squire when Catelyn was born, a knight when she learned to walk and ride and swim, master-at-arms by the day that she was wed.

凯特琳诞生时,他只是个侍从;在她学会走路、骑马和游泳时,他当上骑士;在凯特琳出嫁那年,他成为教头。

He had seen Lord Hoster’s little Cat become a young woman, a great lord’s lady, mother to a king.

他看着霍斯特公爵的小凯特长成少女,当上大领主的夫人,变作国王的母亲。

And now he has seen me become a traitor as well.

然而现在,他却目睹她成为叛徒。

Her brother Edmure had named Ser Desmond castellan of Riverrun when he rode off to battle, so it fell to him to deal with her crime.

弟弟艾德慕出征前任命戴斯蒙爵士为奔流城代理城主,所以他不得不前来处理她的罪行。

To ease his discomfort he brought her father’s steward with him, dour Utherydes Wayn.

为减轻不安,老骑士特地带上她父亲的总管,不善言谈的乌瑟莱斯·韦恩。

The two men stood and looked at her; Ser Desmond stout, red-faced, embarrassed, Utherydes grave, gaunt, melancholy.

两个大男人站在她面前,胖胖的戴斯蒙爵士涨红了脸、窘迫万分,瘦瘦的乌瑟莱斯则面色暗淡、眼神忧郁。

Each waited for the other to speak.

两人都想等对方先开口。

They have given their lives to my father’s service, and I have repaid them with disgrace, Catelyn thought wearily.

他们把一生都献给了我父亲,而我带给他们的却是耻辱,凯特琳疲惫地想。

“Your sons,” Ser Desmond said at last.

“您的孩子,”最后戴斯蒙爵士终于开口,

“Maester Vyman told us.

“韦曼学士把情况都对我们说了。

The poor lads. Terrible. Terrible. But …”

可怜的孩子,多悲惨,多悲惨,但是……”

“We share your grief, my lady,” said Utherydes Wayn.

“我们与您同感悲伤,夫人,”乌瑟莱斯·韦恩说,

“All Riverrun mourns with you, but …”

“奔流城内所有人都一样,但是……”

“The news must have driven you mad,” Ser Desmond broke in,

“这消息一定让您发了疯,”戴斯蒙爵士接着道,

“a madness of grief, a mother’s madness, men will understand.

“为悲伤而疯狂,这是母亲的疯狂,男人们会理解的。

You did not know …”

可您不明白……”

“I did,” Catelyn said firmly.

“我什么都明白,”凯特琳坚定地说,

“I understood what I was doing and knew it was treasonous.

“我明白我做过什么,我明白那是叛逆大罪。

If you fail to punish me, men will believe that we connived together to free Jaime Lannister.

如果你不肯惩罚我,人们将会认为我们串通一气放走了詹姆·兰尼斯特。

It was mine own act and mine alone, and I alone must answer for it.

这事是我干的、我一个人干的,由我自己承担。

Put me in the Kingslayer’s empty irons, and I will wear them proudly, if that is how it must be.”

给我戴上弑君者留下的镣铐吧,如果是那样,我会自豪地戴着它们.”

“Fetters?” The very word seemed to shock poor Ser Desmond.

“镣铐?”这个词让可怜的戴斯蒙爵士震惊,

“For the king’s mother, my lord’s own daughter? Impossible.”

“给国王的母亲,我们公爵大人的亲生女儿?不可能。”

“Mayhaps,” said the steward Utherydes Wayn, “my lady would consent to be confined to her chambers until Ser Edmure returns.

“也许,”管家乌瑟莱斯·韦恩说,“夫人可以禁闭自己,直到艾德慕爵士归来。

A time alone, to pray for her murdered sons?”

您可否独处一段时间,以为自己被谋害的孩子们祈祷?”

“Confined, aye,” Ser Desmond said.

“禁闭,是的,”戴斯蒙爵士赶紧道,

“Confined to a tower cell, that would serve.”

“住在塔顶房间,我们为您安排。”

“If I am to be confined, let it be in my father’s chambers, so I might comfort him in his last days.”

“如果要禁闭我,请准我待在父亲的卧室,好让我在他最后的日子里给他些许安慰。”

Ser Desmond considered a moment.

戴斯蒙爵士考虑了一会,

“Very well.

“很好。

You shall lack no comfort nor courtesy, but freedom of the castle is denied you.

您会受到礼遇,住得舒适,但不得在城堡内自由活动。

Visit the sept as you need, but elsewise remain in Lord Hoster’s chambers until Lord Edmure returns.”

如果您想要,可以去圣堂,但在艾德慕公爵返回之前别的地方都不能去。”

“As you wish.”

“如你所愿。”

Her brother was no lord while their father lived, but Catelyn did not correct him.

弟弟在父亲归天以前根本不是什么公爵,凯特琳懒得去纠正他,

“Set a guard on me if you must, but I give you my pledge that I shall attempt no escape.”

“你可以派守卫看守我,但我向你承诺,我决不会逃跑。”

Ser Desmond nodded, plainly glad to be done with his distasteful task,

戴斯蒙爵士点点头,为能完成这尴尬的任务而形喜于色。

but sad-eyed Utherydes Wayn lingered a moment after the castellan took his leave.

眼神沉痛的乌瑟莱斯·韦恩在代理城主离开后多呆了一会,

“It was a grave thing you did, my lady, but for naught.

“您干了一件非常可怕的事,夫人,可这件事毫无意义。

Ser Desmond has sent Ser Robin Ryger after them, to bring back the Kingslayer … or failing that, his head.”

戴斯蒙爵士已命罗宾·莱格爵士前去追赶,要活捉弑君者……倘若不行,就把他人头带回。”

Catelyn had expected no less.

这点凯特琳早已料到。

May the Warrior give strength to your sword arm, Brienne, she prayed.

战士啊,请赐予她力量,布蕾妮,希望你别辜负我,她如此祈祷。

She had done all she could; nothing remained but to hope.

她已经做了力所能及的一切,除了期望,再没什么能做的了。

Her things were moved into her father’s bedchamber, dominated by the great canopied bed she had been born in, its pillars carved in the shapes of leaping trout.

人们把她的物品搬到父亲的卧室,卧室中有一张带巨遮罩的大床——她便是在这出生的——床柱被雕成跳跃鳟鱼的形状。

Her father himself had been moved half a turn down the stair, his sickbed placed to face the triangular balcony that opened off his solar,

早先父亲将床移下一半台阶,面对着卧室外的三角阳台,

from whence he could see the rivers that he had always loved so well.

以便观看他一辈子钟爱的河流。

Lord Hoster was sleeping when Catelyn entered.

凯特琳进门时,霍斯特公爵正在熟睡。

She went out to the balcony and stood with one hand on the rough stone balustrade.

于是她走到外面的阳台,一只手放在粗糙的石栏杆上。

Beyond the point of the castle the swift Tumblestone joined the placid Red Fork, and she could see a long way downriver.

城堡夹角处,迅猛的腾石河注入宁静的红叉河,越过交汇点,她可以眺望很远的下游。

If a striped sail comes from the east, it will be Ser Robin returning.

若有条纹风帆的船从东方出现,定是罗宾·莱格爵士无疑。

For the moment the surface of the waters was empty.

但暂时水面什么也没有,

She thanked the gods for that, and went back inside to sit with her father.

她为此感谢诸神,然后回到父亲身旁坐下。

Catelyn could not say if Lord Hoster knew that she was there, or if her presence brought him any comfort, but it gave her solace to be with him.

凯特琳不知霍斯特公爵是否明白她的存在,或者能否带给他安慰,她只知道陪伴他能予自己以慰籍。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
warrior ['wɔ:riə]

想一想再看

n. 勇士,战士,武士

 
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 
presence ['prezns]

想一想再看

n. 出席,到场,存在
n. 仪态,风度

 
courtesy ['kə:tisi]

想一想再看

n. 礼貌,好意,恩惠

 
grief [gri:f]

想一想再看

n. 悲痛,忧伤

 
placid ['plæsid]

想一想再看

adj. 安静的,平和的

联想记忆
solace ['sɔləs]

想一想再看

n. 安慰,慰藉 v. 使快乐,使安慰,使缓和

联想记忆
consent [kən'sent]

想一想再看

n. 同意,许可
v. 同意,承诺

联想记忆
discomfort [dis'kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 不便之处,不适 vt. 使不适

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。