I am so happy to have you here. This is the first time having you on, so thanks.
我很高兴你能来。这是你第一次上我的节目,谢谢。
So I know you were nervous about the entrance.
我知道你对入场很紧张。
I think people feel like they're supposed to dance.
我觉得人们觉得他们应该跳舞。
And I was really surprised because I was here earlier today for your rehearsal and then you abandoned it.
我真的很惊讶,因为今天早些时候我还在这里看你排练,然后你就放弃了。
But we should at least show them the rehearsal because it was really good.
但我们至少应该让他们看看彩排,因为彩排真的很棒。
It was good.
很不错。
Your daughter is looking at you like, I've never seen you dance like that.
你女儿盯着你,好像在说没见过你那样跳舞。
So the last time we saw each other it was at the White House. We both were receiving the Medal of Freedom.
我们最后一次见面是在白宫。我们都获得了自由勋章。
And that was quite a day, wasn't it?
那真是不平凡的一天,不是吗?
That was an amazing group. Yeah. Really, really fun.
那是一个了不起的团队。是的。真的,真的很有趣。
So you are here with your daughter who is 21, right?
你和你21岁的女儿一起来的,对吗?
And you were 21 when you became a billionaire. Is that right?
你成为亿万富翁的时候才21岁。对吗?
Almost, yep. All right, so around that age.
几乎是的。好吧,大概在那个年龄。
You were like the youngest person to become a billionaire, is that right?
你是最年轻的亿万富翁,对吗?
Yeah, in terms of earning it on my own, yeah.
是的,就我自己挣的来说,是的。
Right. OK. Which is the most important thing.
行。好的。 这是最重要的。
So when you were a kid, did you care about mony? Or you just cared about technology and it just happened?
当你还是个孩子的时候,你在乎钱吗? 或者你只是关心科技,它就这样发生了?
Mostly I loved software.
我最喜欢的是软件。
I do remember at the private school I went to there were other kids whose families were better off.
我确实记得在我上的私立学校里,其他孩子的家庭比我富裕。
Like they had a Porsche or something. But it wasn't that big of a deal.
好像他们有辆保时捷什么的。但这也没什么大不了的。
My thing was that I just loved doing software. I loved hiring people.
我只是喜欢做软件。 我喜欢雇人。
And I was stunned when it ended up being so valuable.
当它最终变得如此值钱时,我惊呆了。
Really? Yeah. It surprised you? Yeah.
真的吗? 是的。让你吃惊吗? 是的。
Because I always had to be careful that we wouldn't hire too many people.
因为我总是要小心,不想雇太多的人。
I was always worried because people who worked for me were older than me and they had kids.
我一直很担心,因为为我工作的人都比我大,而且他们都有孩子。
And I always thought well what if we don't get paid.
我一直在想,如果我们收获不了报酬怎么办?
Will I be able to meet the payroll? So I was always very conservative about the finances.
我能付得起工资吗? 所以我在财务上一直很保守。
And then when we did go public, what was I? 30, by then.
上市的时候,我多大了来着? 30岁,在那时。
Then I was kind of stunned at what it multiplied out to.
然后我被它加出来的结果惊呆了。