I am honored to introduce to you, the creator of the Hunger Games themselves, Dean Casca Highbottom.
我很荣幸地向大家介绍,饥饿游戏的创造者,迪恩·卡斯卡·海博特姆。
I have summoned you all here for the 10th Annual Reaping Ceremony,
我召集大家来参加第十届年度收割仪式,
in which we choose two children from each District to fight to the death in the Hunger Games.
届时我们将从每个区选出两名儿童,在饥饿游戏中决一死战。
From District 12, Lucy Gray Baird.
来自12区的露西·格雷·贝尔德。
There has been a change this year.
今年的游戏发生了变化。
As a Mentor, Mr. Snow, your role is to turn these children into spectacles, not survivors.
作为导师,斯诺先生,你的职责是把这些孩子变成娱乐大众的产物,而不是幸存者。
What does my mentor do besides bring me roses?
我的导师除了送我玫瑰花外还做什么?
I do my best to take care of you.
我会尽我所能照顾你。
You really wanna take care of me in that Arena? Start by thinking I can actually win.
你真的想在竞技场照顾我吗?先想想我真的能赢吧。
I'm Lucky Flickerman, first ever host of the Hunger Games.
我是Lucky Flickerman,饥饿游戏的第一位主持人。
Enjoy the show. Five. Four. Enjoy the show. Three. Two. Enjoy the show. Run. Enjoy the show.
享受这场秀吧。五。四。享受这场秀吧。三。二。享受这场秀吧。快跑。享受这场秀吧。
What happens in there, fueled with the terror of becoming prey, see how quickly we become predator? See how quickly civilization disappears?
在那里发生了什么,被成为猎物的恐惧所驱使,看看我们多快就变成了捕食者。看到文明消失得有多快了吗?
There's a natural goodness built into us all.
我们每个人都有与生俱来的善良。
We can step across that line into evil, or not.
我们可以跨过这条线走向邪恶,也可以不。
You hear that, boy? It's the sound of snow... falling.
听到了吗,孩子?这是雪落下的声音。
How wonderful that we all get to be here, for someone's final performance.
我们都能来到这里,观看某人的最后表演,真是太好了。
It's not just about winning.
这不仅仅是赢的问题。
Everything is about winning.
一切都是为了胜利。
You're monsters, all of you!
你们是怪物,你们都是!
It's the things we love most, that destroy us.
正是我们最爱的东西,摧毁了我们。