Those student loans are not going to pay for themselves, right?
学生贷款总不会自己缴清,对吧?
A resume doesn't do you justice if you have a non-traditional path.
如果你走的是非传统的路线,简历是不会一视同仁的。
And a non-traditional path is now the norm.
而非传统的路线是如今的常态。
Although corporate America has made a ton of progress in the way of equity and inclusion, relying on resumes is a magnet for discriminatory practices and unconscious bias.
虽然美国企业在公平与包容上已经取得了巨大的进步,但是对简历的依赖就是吸引歧视性做法和无意识偏见的吸铁石。
More specifically, when Black and Asian candidates whiten their names, they're more successful in their job search.
更具体地说,黑人和亚裔候选人在“白人化”他们的名字之后,会在求职过程中更顺利。
The same applies to when women change their name to a man's.
女性改名为男性姓名也是如此。
But men were not immune to this either, and we often get rejected for roles in female-dominated fields.
但男性也不能幸免,我们也总是会在女性占优的领域中被拒。
The pressure to fit your experience on one piece of paper for experienced candidates can be too much.
把你的经历塞进一张纸对于经验丰富的候选人来说可能不堪重负。
And studies have shown that candidates as young as their 30s face ageism with resume sourcing.
研究表明 30 多岁的年轻候选人会在简历收集时遭遇年龄歧视。
So you can imagine what the experience is like for someone coming out of retirement.
你可以想象退休返聘人士会遭遇一些什么。
Don't believe me?
信不信?
Try applying for an entry-level role with an AOL.com email account.
试试用 AOL.com 后缀的邮箱(指服务古老)申请一个初级职位。
The great resignation has forced employers to revisit how they evaluate, treat and reward their employees, but also how they attract new ones.
“大辞职”潮迫使雇主重新考虑评估、对待、奖励员工的方式以及吸引新员工的方式。
But they're having candidates go through the same stupid process expecting different results.
但他们仍旧让候选人走同样的愚蠢流程,还期待得到不同的结果。
As in, "Here's the job description, send us your resume, let's take six to seven seconds to review it," rinse and repeat.
举例:“岗位描述就是这样,你把简历发来,我们花个六七秒看一眼”,循环往复。
And then they wonder why they're not getting enough candidates.
然后还疑惑为什么招不够候选人。
So let's rethink one of the most redundant benchmarks for entry into any type of role.
我们来重新思考一下要应聘上任何岗位最冗余的一个标准。
Summarizing a lifetime of achievements isn't just hard for someone like Da Vinci.
总结一生的成就不仅对达·芬奇这样的人是个难题。
It's hard for everyone else.
对每个人都是如此。
During a time where we celebrate authenticity and creativity, why are we asking for something so conformative and, frankly, boring?
我们在鼓励真实性、创造力的同时,为什么还要要求这么千篇一律,老实说,还无聊的东西呢?
We can do better.
我们可以有更好的做法。
Resumes not only force you to lie about your experience, they force you to use all these silly buzzwords that you would never use in the context of a real conversation.
简历不仅逼迫你捏造经历,还会迫使你使用愚蠢的流行词,在真实的对话里根本不可能会这么说。
Like "orchestrated" or "spearheaded." People don't talk like that.
比如“编排”、“身先士卒”。谁会这么说话啊。
Who are you, Dr. Evil?
你谁啊,恶魔博士吗?(指说话方式怪异)