【句子】You’re glowing today, you know that? Pregnancy agrees with you. 【Desperate Housewives S2E5】
【发音技巧】暂无;
【翻译】你知道吗?你今天真的是容光焕发。你怀孕的时候真美。
今天我们来学习一下关键句中出现的sth. agrees with sb.,
有同学看到这个短语可能觉得,这不就是I agree with you. “我同意你的看法、你的观点”吗?
但注意了,这里句子主语是sth. 而不是某个人。
这种情况下,sth. agrees with sb. 可以理解成“某个东西适合某个人”;
to be suitable, appropriate, pleasing or healthful;
如果描述的是食物:
If some food that you eat does not agree with you, it makes you feel ill.
比如说看下面这几个例子:
eg: I love strawberries, but they don’t agree with me.
我喜欢草莓,但是我一吃草莓就不舒服。
eg: Spicy food does not agree with me.
我不适合吃辣的食物。
eg: I have an upset stomach. I don’t think the food here agrees with me.
我胃不舒服,我觉得这的食物不适合我。
如果描述地方或者经历:
If a place or experience agrees with you, it makes you feel healthy and happy.
eg: You look great, Brian. The Bahamas certainly agree with you.
你气色看起来很好啊,布莱恩。巴哈马显然很适合你居住。
eg: Look at how happy she is! Being on stage certainly agrees with her.
快看她多高兴啊!她真适合站在台上表演。
eg: No, I'm not a nurse anymore—the constant stress of the job just did not agree with me.
不,我不当护士了。我承受不了这份工作的持续高压。
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
This warm weather definitely agrees with me. I can practically feel my mood lifting!
主播老师微信:teacheryaoyao7