Another thing that's really cool is that even in individuals who are not living with motor disabilities, there exist dozens of dormant muscles around the body that we can tap into for augmented and expanded control interactivity.
还有一个很酷的点就是即使这个人并没有运动障碍,身体上下也有许多休眠状态中的肌肉,我们可以利用它们增强、扩展控制的交互性。
And lastly, all the code related to that virtual joystick, we're going to open source so that you can implement it and improve upon it.
最后一点,所有与这个虚拟手柄有关的代码,我们都会将其开源,这样你也可以跑一跑它,再进行改良。
There's three things that have stood out to me from working on this project and many others over the years.
多年以来,经过了这个项目和其他项目,我有了三个收获。
One, we cannot conflate the brain with the mind.
第一,我们不能把大脑和意念混为一谈。
In order to understand emotions and tensions and the mind overall, we have to measure data from all over the body, not just the brain.
要理解情绪、紧张或是笼统的意念,我们得测量全身上下的数据,而不仅仅是大脑的数据。
Two, open-source technology access and literacy is one way that we can combat the potential ethical challenges we face in introducing neural technology to society.
第二,能够获取并理解开源技术,是我们对抗眼前因将神经科技引入社会而产生的潜在的道德挑战的一种方式。
But that's not enough. We have to do much, much more than that.
但这还不够。我们要做的还有很多很多。
It's very important, imperative, that we set up guardrails and design the future that we want to live in.
建立防护措施、设计我们愿意身处其中的未来非常重要、迫在眉睫。
Three. It's the courage and resilience of trailblazers like Christian who don't get bogged down by what they can't do, but instead strive to prove that the impossible is in fact possible.
第三。我们看到了克里斯蒂安这样的开拓者身上的勇气和韧性,他们不会被无能为力之事击垮,反而努力去证明不可能才是可能的。
And since none of this would have been possible without you, Christian, the stage is yours.
如果没有你,这一切都无法成真,克里斯蒂安,舞台交给你了。
Yeah, hi, everybody. Hi.
好的,大家好。你好。
I'm excited to be here today.
我很开心今天能来到这里。
I was born with a genetic condition that affects my mobility and requires me to have assistance.
我先天患有遗传性问题,影响了我的行动,需要辅助。
Despite my disability, I'm a very happy and fulfilled person.
虽然我身患残疾,但我是个很快乐又知足的人。
What truly holds me back are not my physical limitations.
真正让我裹足不前的不是我的身体限制。
It's rather the barriers in the environment.
而是环境中的障碍。
I'm a tech nerd and political activist.
我是一个技术宅和政治活动家。
I believe that technology can empower disabled people.
我相信科技能为残疾人士赋能。
It can help create a better, more inclusive and accessible world for everyone.
它能为每一个人创造一个更好、更具包容性、更触手可及的世界。
This demonstration is a perfect example.
这个展示就是一个完美的例子。
We saw what's possible when cutting edge technology is combined with human curiosity and creativity.
我们看到了前沿科技结合上人类的好奇心和创造力所带来的可能性。
So let's build tools that empower people, applications that break down barriers and systems that unlock a world of possibilities.
让我们打造为人们赋能的工具,清除障碍的应用和解锁充满可能性的世界的系统。
I think that's an idea worth spreading.
我认为这就是个值得传播的想法。
Thank you.
谢谢。