手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 品牌英语听力 > 六分钟英语 > 正文

第498期:购物中心 Shopping centres

来源:可可英语 编辑:Leon   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Hello, I'm Dan. And I'm Rob. And this is 6 Minute English from the BBC.

大家好,我是丹。我是罗伯。这里是BBC英语六分钟。

Last week Alice and I were talking about shopping malls or shopping centres–the large buildings which contain lots of shops and restaurants.

上周,爱丽丝和我谈论了商场和购物中心——包含许多商店和餐馆的大型建筑。

And this week Rob and I are talking about shopping centres! So Rob, do you like shopping?

本周罗伯和我要谈论的也是购物中心!罗伯,你喜欢购物吗?

I like quick shopping.

我喜欢快速购物。

I like going in, finding what I want and coming out again.

我喜欢走进去,找到我想要的,然后就出来。

You don't like hanging around and seeing the shopping centre?

你不喜欢逛购物中心吗?

No, I don't. Get out quick.

不,我不喜欢。我很快就出来了。

Well, we spoke to people in shopping centres in London about what they liked about shopping centres.

我们采访了在伦敦购物中心的人们,询问他们喜欢购物中心的哪方面。

But before we hear from them Rob, I have this week's question for you.

但是在听到他们的回答之前,罗伯,我要问你本周的问题。

The Bullring in Birmingham is the UK's busiest shopping centre, but how many people, on average, visit the Bullring each year?

伯明翰购物中心是英国最繁忙的购物中心,但平均每年有多少人造访它呢?

Is it: a) 27 million, b) 37 million, c) 47 million.

是:a) 2700万,b) 3700万,c) 4700万。

I know shopping is very popular so I'll go for 47 million.

我知道购物很受欢迎,所以我选4700万。

OK, we'll see if you're right at the end of the programme.

好的,在节目的最后我们再看你的回答是否正确。

Now there are a lot of shopping centres in the UK, and we went to the Canary Wharf Shopping Complex in East London to talk to some of the shoppers about what they like or dislike about shopping centres.

现在英国有很多购物中心,我们去了伦敦东部的金丝雀码头购物中心,和一些购物者谈论了他们喜欢或不喜欢购物中心的地方。

One man compares the experiences of shopping centres with shopping at boutiques on a local high street.

一名男子将他在购物中心购物的经历与当地商业街精品店购物的经历进行了比较。

The high street is the main shopping street in a town or area; in America they call it 'main street'.

high street是城镇或地区的主要购物街; 在美国,人们称之为“main street”。

And a boutique is a small shop, which usually specialises in fashionable items.

精品店是一种小型商店,通常专门经营时尚商品。

So let's listen to the speaker as he compares shopping in a local high street and a shopping centre; what does he say is the advantage of going to a big shopping centre?

我们来听一下发言者是如何比较在当地的商业街和购物中心购物的; 他说去大型购物中心的好处是什么?

I love the choice in a big shopping centre; I don't think it replaces localised shopping so a nice boutique in a local high street I think always has a place.

我喜欢在大型购物中心的各种选择;我不认为它取代了当地的购物,所以我觉得当地商业街上的精品店总有一席之地。

But that said if you want a good deal, a good discount, a good sale I think you need to go to a big shopping centre really.

不过话说回来,如果你想买到物美价廉的商品,我认为你应该去大型购物中心。

So the shopper there said he liked the choice of a big shopping centre.

那里的购物者说他喜欢选择一个大的购物中心。

It's the place to go if you want a good deal, a good discount or a good sale.

如果你想买便宜货、打折或大甩卖的商品,那就去这个地方。

A discount is a reduced price–it's when something costs less than normal.

折扣是指降低的价格——指某物的价格低于正常水平。

A good deal means the same–it's when you buy something for a good price.

划算的意思是一样的——意思是你以一个好价格买到了东西。

We have a clip here from another shopper describing shopping centres in the UK.

我们这里有另一位购物者描述英国购物中心的片段。

She says they're quite vast and open and have a massive variety of shops.

她说,那里很大,很开放,有各种各样的商店。

Both vast and massive mean very large.

广阔和大规模都表示非常大。

So there's a massive variety of shops in the shopping centres.

所以购物中心里有各种各样的商店。

So let's listen to the clip.

让我们来听一下这段录音。

What types of restaurant can you find in British shopping centres?

在英国的购物中心你能找到哪种类型的餐厅?

Shopping centres are usually quite vast and open and full of a massive variety of shops but they're quite standard.

购物中心通常很大,很开放,到处都是各种各样的商店,但它们很普通。

So each shopping centre tends to have exactly the same basic shops that you come to expect.

因此,每个购物中心往往都有相同的、符合期望的基本商店。

You sort of tend to get the same standard restaurants and food outlets as well in shopping centres, so either fast food or slightly more upmarket restaurants.

你可能会在购物中心看到同样标准的餐厅和食品店,要么是快餐店,要么是更高档的餐厅。

She says you get the same standard restaurants in a British shopping centre: either fast food or more upmarket restaurants.

她说,在英国的购物中心,你可以找到相同的普通餐厅:要么是快餐店,要么是更高档的餐厅。

Fast food is what we call anything that can be served and eaten quickly, often from restaurant chains, such as McDonalds, Burger King or Subway.

快餐是我们所说的任何可以快速供应和食用的东西,通常来自麦当劳、汉堡王或赛百味等连锁餐厅。

And what about the upmarket restaurants?

那高档餐厅呢?

Upmarket means something of high quality that generally appeals to people from higher social classes.

高档指的是高质量的东西,通常吸引的是社会阶层较高的人。

The opposite is downmarket.

与之相反的是低端市场。

Of course, not everyone likes shopping centres.

当然,不是每个人都喜欢购物中心。

Some people say they find them too crowded.

有些人说他们觉得太拥挤了。

Mm, crowded, when there are too many people.

嗯,拥挤,就是人太多的时候。

I agree, particularly at weekends or during the holidays when there are lots of people, a lot of these shopping centres are far too crowded to shop, or walk, or even move!

我同意,特别是在周末或节假日,当有很多人的时候,很多购物中心都太拥挤了,无法购物,无法走路,甚至无法移动!

Rob, we're almost at the end of the programme, so let's go back to today's question.

罗伯,我们的节目快结束了,让我们回到今天的问题。

The Bullring in Birmingham is the UK's busiest shopping centre, but how many people visit the Bullring, on average, every year?

伯明翰购物中心是英国最繁忙的购物中心,但平均每年有多少人造访呢?

Is it: a) 27 million b) 37 million c) 47 million. And I said 47 million, am I right?

是a) 2700万b) 3700万c) 4700万。我说的是4700万,对吗?

No! You are not, I am afraid.

不!你没选对。

In fact the Bullring gets around 37 million visitors every year.

事实上,这个购物中心每年约有3700万访客。

Europe's largest shopping centre, the Westfield Shopping centre in West London, attracts around 25 million shoppers every year,

位于伦敦西部的韦斯特菲尔德购物中心是欧洲最大的购物中心,每年吸引约2500万购物者,

and in just a few months, a new Westfield shopping complex is opening in East London, next to the Olympic site, which may attract even more visitors.

而在短短几个月后,一个新的韦斯特菲尔德购物中心将在伦敦东部奥运场馆旁边开业,可能会吸引更多的游客。

So the Brits clearly love to shop, even in these tough economic times.

因此,即使在经济困难时期,英国人显然也喜欢购物。

Anyway, Rob, before we go, I was wondering if you could just remind us of some of the vocabulary we've heard in today's programme.

不管怎样,罗伯,在节目结束之前,我想知道你能否帮我们回顾一下今天节目中听到的词汇。

OK, we had: Boutique High street or main street, Discount, A good deal, Vast, Fast food, Upmarket, Downmarket, Crowded. Thanks, Rob.

好的,我们听到过:精品高街或主要街道,折扣,优惠,大量的,快餐,高档的,低端的,拥挤的。谢谢你,罗伯。

Why don't you get in touch with us and tell us your favourite place to shop.

为什么不跟我们联系,告诉我们你最喜欢的购物地点呢?

Do you prefer the big shopping centres or the boutiques on the high street?

你喜欢大型购物中心还是商业街的精品店?

Do you prefer upmarket venues or downmarket ones?

你喜欢高档场所还是低档场所?

Are shopping centres near you too crowded?

你附近的购物中心很拥挤吗?

And where can you go to find the best discounts or deals?

你在哪里可以找到最优惠的折扣或交易?

We would love to know.

我们很乐意知道。

So, let us know at learningenglish@bbc.co.uk or leave a message on the BBC Learning English Facebook page.

所以,请在learningenglish@bbc.co.uk上告诉我们,或者在BBC学习英语的脸书页面上留言。

See you next time! Bye!

下次见! 拜拜!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
discount ['diskaunt]

想一想再看

n. 折扣,贴现率
vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重

 
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
advantage [əd'vɑ:ntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 优势,有利条件
vt. 有利于

联想记忆
rob [rɔb]

想一想再看

v. 抢劫,掠夺

 
variety [və'raiəti]

想一想再看

n. 多样,种类,杂耍

 
fashionable ['fæʃənəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,时髦的

联想记忆
canary [kə'nɛəri]

想一想再看

n. 金丝雀,加那利舞,加那利白葡萄酒,告密者

联想记忆
dislike [dis'laik]

想一想再看

v. 不喜欢,厌恶
n. 不喜爱,厌恶,反感

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。