Thank you for joining us for today’s Spotlight. I’m Liz Waid. And I’m Rebekah Schipper.
欢迎来到重点报道节目。我是莉兹·怀德。我是丽贝卡·施佩尔。
Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting.
本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。
It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.
以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。
“The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.”
“在黑暗中行走的百姓看见了巨大的光;有光照耀那些住在死荫之地的人。”
Nightlight is a group that works with sex workers in Bangkok, Thailand.
夜光是一个与泰国曼谷的性工作者合作的组织。
The members of Nightlight bring light to the dark world of the sex industry.
夜光的成员为色情行业的黑暗世界带来了光明。
Today’s Spotlight is on Nightlight.
今天的重点报道节目要来讲讲夜光。
Pim used to be a sex worker in Bangkok.
皮姆曾是曼谷的性工作者。
She told the BBC her story.
她向BBC讲述了她的故事。
I grew up in the country.
我在乡下长大。
I lived with my parents.
我和父母住在一起。
They were farmers.
他们是农民。
I helped them in the fields.
我在地里帮他们干活。
We were poor.
我们那时很穷。
But we always had enough money to live.
但我们一直有足够的钱生活。
When I was 15 my family started to fall apart.
但当我15岁的时候,我的家庭开始分崩离析。
My father drank alcohol a lot, but it became worse and worse.
我父亲喝了很多酒,但情况越来越糟。
He started becoming violent.
他开始变得暴力起来。
So, my mother, sister and I moved out.
于是,我的母亲、姐姐和我搬了出去。
I wanted to study to become a health worker.
我想学习成为一名卫生工作者。
But I had to leave school when my parents separated.
但当我父母分开时,我不得不离开学校。
I found a job as a day labourer, harvesting crops for a local farmer.
我找到了一份临时工的工作,为当地一位农民收割庄稼。
I did not like the job.
我不喜欢这份工作。
It paid only a small amount each day.
每天的工资只有一小笔钱。
At about that same time my friend moved to Bangkok.
大约在同一时间,我的朋友搬到了曼谷。
When she returned for a visit she told me she was earning a lot of money.
当她回来拜访时,她告诉我她赚了很多钱。
She said she was serving food.
她说她的工作是负责上菜。
But, people in the village began talking.
但是,村里的人开始议论起来。
They said that she was doing something other than serving food.
他们说她干的是别的工作,而不是上菜。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载