Liz Truss apologized for her mistakes, but vowed to remain Prime Minister for the national interest.
近日,利兹·特拉斯为自己所犯的错误道歉,但承诺会为了国家利益继续担任英国首相。
It comes after the new chancellor Jeremy Hunt reversed most of her economic plan.
此前,新任财政大臣杰里米·亨特推翻了她的大部分经济计划。
It leaves Truss in office, but without the power to proceed with her tax-cutting agenda.
结果是,虽然特拉斯得以留任,但却没有权力继续推进她的减税议程。
"Now I recognise we have made mistakes, I am sorry for those mistakes, but I fixed the mistakes.
“我现在意识到我们犯了错,我为这些错误感到抱歉,但我已经纠正了这些错误。
I have appointed a new chancellor, we have restored economic stability and fiscal discipline.
我也任命了新的财政大臣,我们恢复了经济稳定以及财政纪律。
What I now want to do is go on and deliver for the public.
我现在想要做的是继续为国民服务。
We were elected on the 2019 manifesto, I'm determined to deliver that.
我们当时是由于2019年的宣言而竞选胜出的,所以我下定决心要遵守该承诺。
My message is we should be focusing on delivering for the British public.
我想说的是,我们应该专注于为英国公众提供服务。
We are in difficult economic times; we are in difficult international times with the war being perpetrated in Ukraine.
我们正处于经济困难时期;我们正处于乌克兰战争的艰难国际时期。
People were facing energy bills of up to 6,000 pounds.
人们面临着高达6000英镑的能源账单。
We have now put in place the energy price guarantee. We have reversed the National Insurance increase, and that's what I'm thinking about as prime minister."
现在,我们已经建立了能源价格保障制度。我们已经扭转了国民保险的增长,这是我作为首相所考虑的。”