John, I have good news and bad news for you.
约翰,我有好消息和坏消息要告诉你。
What? Is it breaking news?
什么?是突发新闻吗?
Yes, I read that bankers expect the value of "Grammar Coins" to more than double in the next few months!
是的,我读到银行家预计“语法币”的价值将在未来几个月翻一番以上!
Wow, really? That's great news.
哇,真的吗?这是个好消息。
What's the bad news, then?
那么坏消息是什么呢?
Remember how you used to say, "Never split an infinitive?"
还记得你以前常说,“千万不要把不定式拆开吗?”
You are not supposed to put an adverb between "to" and the base form of the verb.
你不应该把副词放在“to”和动词原形之间。
Like, instead of saying, "We plan to soon go," it is better to say, "We plan to go soon."
比如,与其说“We plan to soon go”,不如说“We plan to go soon”。
I remember that--but it's from the OLD grammar book.
我记得——但这是旧语法书上说的。
Back when we thought English should be like Latin.
以前我们认为英语就应该像拉丁语一样。
Right. Anyway. I just had to split an infinitive.
没错。不管怎样,我刚才把不定式拆开了。
And you can't move the adverb.
不能移动副词。
That should upset a grammar teacher like you.
这应该会让像你这样的语法老师感到不安。
Hmm. Let me think. You said, "Bankers expect the value of 'Grammar Coins' to more than double..."
嗯。让我想想。你说:“银行家预计‘语法币’的价值会翻一番以上……”
Mwah-hah-hah! I made you say it!
哇哈哈!我让你说了!
Yes, it's a split infinitive.
是的,这是分裂不定式。
Let me see if I can change it.
我看看我能不能改一下。
Bankers expect the value of "Grammar Coins" to double more than in the coming months!
银行家预计,“语法币”的价值将在未来几个月翻一番以上!
No, that doesn't work.
不,这不管用。
Does it happen with any other adverbs?
其他副词也会发生这种情况吗?
Yes, my favorite one is from StarTrek. I think you know it.
是的,我最喜欢的一句话是出自电影《星际迷航》。我想你是知道的。
The adverb is "boldly".
副词“大胆的”。
Oh, yeah--their mission is: To boldly go where no one has gone before!
哦,是的——他们的使命是:大胆地去以前没有人去过的地方!
And that's Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!