What are you doing there, John?
你在做什么,约翰?
I was thinking about how to teach the past continuous tense when you called.
你打电话来的时候,我正在想怎么教过去进行时。
Oh! That’s perfect!
噢!太好了!
Do you mind if I make a timeline with that?
你介意我用这个做个时间表吗?
Wait a minute, do you mean you were also thinking about how to teach the past continuous?
等等,你是说你也在想如何教过去进行时?
Yes, I was sitting here, and I thought, “I should call John. He always has great ideas.”
是的,我当时坐在这里,想着,“我应该给约翰打个电话。他总是有很棒的想法。”
Aw, thanks.
啊,谢谢。
Here’s what I was writing: To make the past continuous: Use the past tense of the verb “to be” (was/were), and the base of the main verb+ing.
我是这样写的:要想用过去进行时:就要使用动词“to be”的过去式(was或were),以及主要动词原形+ing。
You know, there’s another way we use the past continuous.
你知道吗,还有另一种使用过去进行时的方式。
What’s that?
怎么用?
For a polite request?
用于礼貌的请求?
Like, “I was wondering if you could help me today?”
比如,“我想知道你今天能不能帮我?”
That’s one, right.
这是一个,对。
But there’s also the one where you change your mind.
但也会用于表示改变主意的句子里。
Yeah, we were planning to meet about this yesterday...But I was too busy.
是啊,我们昨天就打算见面谈这件事……但我太忙了。
Dr. Jill, make sure you give an example where the simple past tense comes first.
吉尔博士,一定要举一个一般过去时先出现的例子。
Okay, I hear you.
好的,我听到了。
How about “I saw Dorothy while I was crossing the street?”
“我在过马路的时候看到了多萝西”这句怎么样?
Or, “I dropped the phone while we were talking.”
或者,“我们说话的时候,我把电话弄掉了。”
Yikes!
呀!
And that’s Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!