Hi, Dr. Jill, do you want to go on a picnic with us this weekend?
你好,吉尔博士,这周末你想和我们一起去野餐吗?
We're going to that new park on the river.
我们要去河边的那个新公园。
I'd love to!
我很愿意!
But did you check the weather?
但是你看天气了吗?
I think they said it will rain on Saturday.
我看他们说星期六会下雨。
Really? Let me see.
真的?让我想想。
This forecast says it is going to start raining in the evening.
天气预报说晚上会开始下雨。
We will eat around noon, so I think it's going to be fine then.
我们会在中午那会儿吃饭,所以我想那时天气会挺好的。
Good. You know, you just gave me an idea for another tense we can teach--the simple future!
好。你知道么,你让我想到了另一个可以教的时态--一般将来时!
Did you notice I used two ways to talk about the future?
你注意到我用两种方式谈论未来了吗?
That's right, the simple future tense in English is not so simple, is it?
是的,英语中的一般将来时并不是那么简单,对吗?
Right. I've heard we use "going to" and the base form of a verb when we talk about plans or make predictions.
没错。当我们谈论计划或做预测时,我听到我们用了“going to”和动词原形。
And we use "will" with the base form of the verb to talk about any future event.
我们把will和动词原形连用来谈论任何将来发生的事情。
Usually we are certain about it or we want to do it.
我们通常对谈论的事很确定,或者我们想这么做。
For example: I will go on a picnic with you!
例如:我要和你一起去野餐!
Glad to hear it!
真高兴听你这样说!
Now, what foods are you going to bring?
那,你要带什么食物?
Hm. Hey, here's another good example of how we talk about the future: Shall I bring my famous potato salad?
嗯。嘿,我有另一个谈论未来的好例子:我要带我有名的土豆沙拉吗?
Ha! You can say that, but you sound so old-fashioned, Dr. Jill!
哈哈!你可以这么说,但你听起来太老套了,吉尔博士!
I know. But it's still the simple future tense.
我知道。但它依然是一般将来时。
And that's Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!