Richard, you're 43 years old.
强东,你今年43岁。
You're the son of a cargo ship owner.
你是一位货运船主的儿子。
I understand you grew up in one of the poorest parts of China's Jiangsu province.
我了解到你在中国江苏省最贫穷的地区之一长大。
Yes.
是的。
The company JD.com, you founded it and took public on NASDAQ, has made you a billionaire and one of the wealthiest here in this country.
你创建了京东,并带领公司在纳斯达克上市,这家公司使你成为了亿万富翁,也是这个国家最富有的人之一。
Where did you get your entrepreneurial instinct from?
你的企业家天分是从哪里获得的呢?
I think it's like a family DNA.
我觉得这是在家族基因里的东西。
We are family business.
我们家族都是做生意的。
I mean, for several generation ago, they also did a business, like boat, shipment business, just like today the JD's logistic, you know, business similar.
我的意思是,几代人之前,他们也做生意,船舶运输类的生意,就像今天的京东物流,你知道的,是类似的。
So I can, I can I hear a lot of story from my father about our, you know, my grandfather and a grand grandfather.
所以,我听我父亲讲过很多有关祖父、曾祖父的故事。
So they teach me how to do business, how to build trust with partnerships.
这些故事教会我如何做生意,如何与合作伙伴建立信任。
What's the most valuable lesson your father and your grandfather taught you about doing business?
关于做生意,你父亲和祖父教给你的最有价值的一课是什么?
Very simple.
非常简单。
Once you get some chance to make your one yuan, don't make it.
一旦你有机会可以挣到1元钱,不要全部自己留下。
You just take 70 cents of the one yuan, leave another 30 cents to the partners or your employees, so you will get more opportunity and now you can make a long term money.
你只拿1元里的7角,把剩下3角留给合作伙伴或者你的员工,这样你才能有更多挣钱的机会,才能一直挣到钱。
So share in the wealth that you create?
也就是说,分享你创造的财富?
Yeah, great.
是的,非常对。
You are use a verb perfectly in this sentence.
你在这句话里用了一个很完美的动词。
What drives you, Richard? What motivates you?
是什么在驱动着你,强东?什么激励着你?
What keeps you going?
是什么让你一直向前?
I like...
我喜欢……
You like a challenge?
你喜欢挑战?
Yeah, you can say that. Also I like hard working.
是,可以这么说。同时,我喜欢努力工作。
For me, hard working is a fun, is... I'm very enjoy it.
对我来说,努力工作是一种乐趣,我很享受。
Are you a workaholic?
你是个工作狂吗?
Do you work long hours?
就是每天工作很长时间?
Yeah, I think so. 16 hours every day.
是的,我认为我是。每天工作16个小时。
Do you enjoy what you do?
你享受你在做的事?
Yes, very much.
是的,非常享受。
I mean, if one day I had nothing to do, just stay on the beach, enjoy the sunshine is...
如果有一天我无事可做,就躺在沙滩上晒晒太阳,这……
Too boring?
太无聊了?
Yeah... it's not boring but painful to me.
是的……不止无聊,对我来说是种痛苦。
Painful to you?
对你来说是种痛苦?
I think so.
我觉得是。
For two days or three days, I'm okay.
两三天还行。
But if was one-month or whole year, no, it's a horrible thing to me, I think.
但是,一个月、一整年,绝对不行,这对我来说太可怕了。
What's the secret to your success, Richard?
你成功的秘诀是什么,强东?
What advice would you give others on how to create a successful online business here in China?
关于如何在中国创办一家成功的电商企业,你会给其他人什么建议?
Myself I think is fast learning and hard-working.
对于我自己来说,我觉得是快速学习能力和勤奋。
To my company, I think is, only one, is user experience.
对于我的公司来说,我觉得,唯一一点就是注重用户体验。