Hey, Psych2Goers. What do you pay attention to in life?
嘿,Psych2Go的观众们。你在生活中关注的是什么?
There are some things smart people just don't waste time on.
有些事情聪明人是不会浪费时间的。
Most of the time, it's because they learned from past experiences, so they don't make the same mistakes again.
大多数时候,这是因为他们从过去的经验中吸取了教训,所以他们不会再犯同样的错误。
So, what is it that intelligent people never pay attention to?
那么,究竟是什么是聪明人从来不会注意的呢?
Here are six things they often just don't do.
以下是他们通常不会做的六件事。
Number one: They don't let failure stop them.
第一:他们不会让失败阻止他们。
How do you respond to failure?
你如何应对失败?
Our failures can become a learning experience for us if we change our outlook.
如果我们改变我们的观点,我们的失败可以成为我们学习的经历。
If you fail, you'll have learned from that experience and have an easier time trying again.
如果你失败了,你会从那次经历中学到东西,并且更容易再试一次。
Smart individuals don't let their past mistakes define them.
聪明的人不会让过去的错误定义他们。
They instead try to learn from them and then look at those past mistakes as a guideline of what not to do.
相反,他们试图从中吸取教训,然后将过去的错误视为不应该做的指导方针。
Number two: They don't waste time.
第二:他们不会浪费时间。
How do you normally spend your time?
你通常是怎么打发时间的?
Do you work hard or work smart?
你是努力工作还是带着脑子工作?
If you know you need to study the material a bit longer before attempting the work, do so instead of wasting time trying, knowing the answer is in the textbook.
如果你知道在尝试这项工作之前你需要更长时间地学习材料,那就这样做,而不是浪费时间去尝试,因为你知道答案就在教科书上。
Or maybe you have a different study habit that gets the job done or know you need a short break every 40 minutes in order to work your best.
或者,也许你有一种不同的学习习惯,可以完成工作,或者知道你需要每40分钟短暂休息一次才能发挥最大的作用。
Being smart about how you spend your time can also save you some.
聪明地安排你的时间也能帮你节省一些时间。
This could even be catching up on your reading while waiting in line for a taco or working on another assignment that's less tedious as a break before tackling the big project again.
这甚至可以是在排队等待玉米饼的同时补上你的阅读,或者在再次处理大项目之前做另一个不那么乏味的任务,作为休息时间。
Most importantly, knowing when to take a break and rest your mind will benefit you substantially when you attempt work again.
最重要的是,当你再次尝试工作时,知道什么时候休息和睡觉会让你的大脑受益匪浅。
Number three: They don't over-rely on other people.
第三:他们不会过度依赖别人。
Everybody needs a friend every now and then, but smart people often don't rely on another person to the extreme.
每个人都时不时需要一个朋友,但是聪明人往往不会过分依赖另一个人。
Ask yourself: Will your world really fall apart if your friend doesn't help you on this big school project you've been delaying
扪心自问:如果你的朋友不帮你完成这个你一直在拖延的大型学校项目,你的世界真的会崩溃吗
Or is there a way you can work on it on your own and still be sufficient enough?
或者,有没有一种方法可以让你自己去做,并且仍然足够?
Every case is different, but oftentimes we can underestimate our ability and let fear guide us into relying on someone else entirely.
每种情况都是不同的,但我们经常会低估自己的能力,让恐惧引导我们完全依赖别人。
Rely on yourself first with certain tasks and know when you really need someone else's help with it.
在某些任务中,首先要依靠自己,知道什么时候你真的需要别人的帮助。
Number four: They don't let their errors define them.
第四:他们不会让自己的错误定义自己。
Do you beat yourself up because of your past mistakes?
你会因为过去的错误而自责吗?
"I shouldn't have said that, I'm so dumb." Or, "Why did I do that?"
“我不该那么说,我太笨了。”或者,“我为什么要那样做?”
Now everyone thinks I'm a horrible person.
现在每个人都认为我是个可怕的人。
Sound familiar?
听起来耳熟吗?
Truth is, we're human, and with that comes some mistakes every now and then, but don't let your errors define you.
事实是,我们是人,随之而来的是不时会有一些错误,但不要让你的错误定义你。
Similar to not trying again after a failure, some people tend to ruminate on what went wrong to the point that it stops them from moving on.
就像失败后不再尝试一样,有些人往往会反复思考到底是哪里出了问题,以至于阻止了他们继续前进。
So, you made a mistake.
所以,你犯了个错误。
There have been some errors in the past.
过去有过一些错误。
Learn from them, correct your mistakes, and grow from them.
从错误中学习,改正错误,并从中成长。
Number five: They don't hold grudges.
第五:他们不怀恨在心。
Do you have a grudge against someone?
你对某人怀恨在心吗?
Holding grudges is never a good idea.
怀恨在心从来都不是个好主意。
Not only can it cause us stress when we think about this person, but sometimes thinking about a stressful experience or person can throw our body into a fight-or-flight response.
当我们想到这个人时,它不仅会给我们带来压力,而且有时想到一个充满压力的经历或人会让我们的身体陷入战斗或逃跑的反应中。
Our body may believe that there is threat or danger, and stress is sure to come along with that response.
我们的身体可能会认为有威胁或危险,压力肯定会随之而来。
Holding onto any response is never a good thing for both our mental and physical health.
坚持任何反应对我们的身心健康都不是一件好事。
That's why it's best to work towards letting go of any grudges you have against someone or something.
这就是为什么最好是努力放下你对某人或某事的任何怨恨。
This can be very difficult for many, but it's worth working towards.
这对许多人来说可能非常困难,但这是值得努力的。
You may just feel more at ease doing so and have an easier time moving on from any past pain from this individual.
你可能会觉得这样做更自在,也会更容易从这个人带来的过去痛苦中走出来。
And number six: They don't say yes to everything.
第六,他们不会对所有事情都说“是”。
Are you afraid of saying no because you don't want to upset others?
你害怕说不,因为你不想让别人不高兴吗?
Sometimes saying no can be a good thing.
有时候说“不”可能是一件好事。
You don't need to say yes to every favor or request from a friend, especially if you've been overworked or tired lately.
你不必答应朋友的每一个求助或要求,尤其是当你最近工作过度或疲惫的时候。
Emotionally intelligent individuals recognize when they're burnt out and acknowledge when they simply don't want to do something someone asks of them.
情商高的人在精疲力竭时会意识到,当他们只是不想做别人要求他们做的事情时,他们就会意识到这一点。
And they know when to say no.
他们知道什么时候该说不。
If you already have a full plate, saying yes to more things won't do you any favors.
如果你已经被安排得满满的,对更多的事情说“是”不会对你有任何帮助。
Know your limits and know when to say no and yes when you really mean it.
知道自己的极限,知道什么时候该说“不”,什么时候该说“是”。
So, which of these things do you not pay attention to?
那么,这些事情中有哪些是你没有注意到的呢?
Do you do any of these things?
你做过这些事中的任何一件吗?
Feel free to share with us in the comments down below.
欢迎在下面的评论中与我们分享。
We hope if you enjoyed this video.
我们希望您喜欢这个视频。
And if you did, don't forget to click the like button and share it with a friend.
如果你喜欢这个视频,不要忘记点赞并与朋友分享。
Subscribe to Psych2Go and hit the notification bell icon for more content like this.
订阅Psych2Go,点击通知铃图标,就可以获得更多这样的内容。
And as always, thanks for watching.
一如既往,感谢您的收看。