Coco: Good morning, John.
早上好,John。
John: Good morning, Coco. Let me take you to your cubicle and then I will give you a tour of our company. Here is your cubicle, your “home away from home” from 8:00 to 5:00 every day, Coco.
早上好,Coco。 让我带你去你的工位,然后我带你参观一下我们公司。 这是你的小隔间,你每天 8:00 到 5:00 的“家外之家” 。
Coco: Oh, very nice!
哦,太棒了!
John: Drop your belongings here, and let’s go!
把你的东西放在这里,我们走吧!
Coco: OK, I am ready.
好,我准备好了。
John: That is Mary over there. She is our senior financial analyst. You will be working with her in the future. Let’s go say hi to her.
那是那边的玛丽。 她是我们的高级财务分析师。 你将来会和她一起工作。 我们去跟她打个招呼吧。
John: Mary, this is Coco, our department’s new addition.
玛丽,这是coco,我们部门的新成员。
Mary: Welcome aboard, Coco. I am very glad to see you. Boy! I was swamped with work the last couple of weeks. But, I can see myself going home at a more decent time from now on.
欢迎你加入!我很高兴见到你。天啊! 过去几周我忙于工作。 但是,从现在开始,我可以预见到自己能准时一点下班了。
Coco: Thank you. I am very happy to be here. Just let me know whenever you need me. I am glad to be of any assistance.
谢谢你。 我很高兴来到这里。 只要你需要我的时候就告诉我。 我很高兴能提供任何帮助。
John: I am giving Coco a tour of our company so that she knows her way around here.
我让Coco参观我们的公司,以便他了解这里.
Mary: See you later, Coco.
那么一会见了coco
Coco: OK, Mary.
好的 玛丽。
重点:
1)Cubicle 工位
I dream about having a cubicle near a window.
2)Give someone a tour of xxx
带某人转转
Eg: Let me give you a tour of our new house
让我带你转转我们的新家。
3)Home away from home : Home away from home refers to a location where one does not reside but one in which they feel as comfortable as they would in their own abode. 字面表示不是家的家,这里比喻工位是coco 的新家
Eg: As a student I go to the library everyday. It is my home away from home.
作为一名学生,我每天都去图书馆,这里是我第二个家。
4)New addition 新加入成员
The baby is a new addition to the family. 宝宝是这个家庭的新成员。
5)Belongings 所属物品 私人物品
Eg: Don’t forget to take your belongs with you when you leave.
别忘记走的时候带上你的东西。
6)financial analyst 金融分析师
7)I was swamped with work
表示工作很忙
Eg: I was swamped with my study last month.
8) I am glad to be of any assistance.
我很高兴能提供任何帮助。