Nancy: Hi. It is good to see you, Coco.
见到你很开心~Coco
Coco: Same here, Nancy. It has been a long time since I last saw you.
我也是nancy 好久不见
Nancy: Yes, the last time we saw each other was last New Year’s Eve. How are you doing?
是的 上次我们见到是去年的跨年夜 你怎么样
Coco: I am doing OK. It would be better if I have a new job right now.
我还好,要是我有个新工作将会更好的。
Nancy: You are looking for a new job? Why?
你正在找工作吗?
Coco: I already finished my studies and graduated last week. Now, I want to get a job in the Finance field. Payroll is not exactly Finance.
我已经完成了我的学业,上个星期我毕业了,现在我想在金融领域找一份工作。工资核算并不是金融领域
Nancy: How long have you been looking for a new job?
你找工作多久了?
Coco: I just started this week.
我这周才开始
Nancy: Didn’t you have any interviews with those firms that came to our campus last month? I believe quite a few companies came to recruit students for their Finance departments.
你上个月参加来我们学校招聘的公司的面试吗?我相信有很多公司都来招聘学生到他们的金融部门。
Coco: I could only get one interview with Fidelity Company because of my heavy work- schedule. A month has already gone by, and I have not heard from them. I guess I did not make it.
我只面试了一家基金公司,因为我时间很紧。一个月过去了,我还没收到他们的来信,我想我好像没有成功。
Nancy: Don’t worry, Coco. You always did well in school. I know your good grades will help you get a job soon. Besides, the job market is pretty good right now, and all companies need financial analysts.
没事的coco, 你在学校总是那么优秀,我知道你的好成绩会让你很快获得好成绩,另外,现在就业市场也很好,所有公司都需要金融分析员的。
Coco: I hope so.
希望如此
重点:
1)It’s been a long time
很久不见的朋友再次见面都可以用的表达
Or Haven’t seen you in a long time
2)It would be better if 如果xxx 就更好了
Eg: It would be better if I have a ten-day holiday now.
要是我现在有个十天的假期就好了
3)Xxxx is not exactly sth 表示两个比较类似的东西并不完全相同
Video conference is not exactly a face to face conference.
4)heavy work- schedule. 繁重的工作
heavy 繁重的 上期我们讲过 交通堵塞 heavy-traffic
5)make it : To manage to reach some stage or point of progress.
成功,做成某件事 我们可以用这个词组来鼓励别人
Eg: I believe you can make it! 我相信你能做到的
6) financial analysts. 金融分析师