Anna, Pete, I have a new assignment for you -- a show on single parents!
安娜,皮特,我有一个新任务给你们——一个关于单亲父母的节目!
What is it like for a mother or a father to raise a child by herself or himself?
母亲或父亲独自抚养孩子是什么样的?
We can interview single parents. They can share their experiences themselves.
我们可以采访单亲父母。他们自己可以分享自己的经历。
Yes, but you need to experience parenthood yourselves.
是的,但是你们需要亲身体验一下为人父母的感觉。
Ourselves?
我们自己?
Yeah, how do we do that? We're not parents.
是啊,我们该怎么做呢?我们不是父母。
I asked myself the same question.
我问过自己同样的问题。
I said, "Caty, how are they gonna do that?"
我说,“凯蒂,他们要怎么做呢?”
Then an idea came to me. I will give you the babies!
然后我想到了一个主意。我会把小孩给你们!
You may be asking yourself the same thing that I'm asking myself: what is Ms. Weaver talking about!? I am sure we will find out shortly.
你们可能在和我一样问自己:韦弗女士在说什么!?我相信我们很快就会知道。
This lesson teaches reflexive pronouns.
这节课讲反身代词。
Reflexive pronouns refer back to the subject of a sentence or clause.
反身代词回指句子或从句的主语。
We use them when the subject and the object are the same person or thing.
当主语和宾语是同一个人或物时,我们用它们。
For example, Ms. Weaver says, "I asked myself the same question."
例如,韦弗女士说,“我问过自己同样的问题。”
"I" is the subject and "myself" refers back to it.
“I”是主语,“myself”回指“I”。
Here, she would not use the pronoun "me."
在这里,她没用代词“me”。
You need to use the reflexive pronoun "myself."
你们需要用反身代词“myself”。
Reflexive pronouns are easy to find: they end in "self" or "selves."
反身代词很容易找到:它们以“self”或“selves”结尾。
I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of reflexive pronouns. Listen for them!
我觉得我们会看到很多反身代词。注意听!
Here are your babies!
这是你们的小孩!
Those are bags of flour.
那些是两袋面粉。
No, Pete, for the next six days, this is your baby. Here are your instructions.
不,皮特,在接下来的六天里,这是你的小孩。下面是给你们的说明。
Do not leave your babies alone.
不要把你们的小孩单独留下。
A baby cannot take care of itself.
婴儿不能照顾自己。
And you two must do everything by yourselves.
你们俩必须自己做所有的事。
We will meet next Friday.
我们将在下周五见面。
Oh, and the person who does the best research will get an extra day of vacation. Help yourself to a baby.
哦,研究做得最好的人可以多放一天假。请自己照顾好小孩。
Pete, look, my baby is organic and whole grain. Your baby is ordinary.
皮特,看,我的宝宝是有机全谷物的。你的宝宝是普通的。
Monster! This is a great idea, Ms. Weaver!
怪物!这是个好主意,韦弗女士!
This is a terrible idea.
这是个糟糕的主意。
Speak for yourself, Pete! We need to throw ourselves into the research! I'm starting right now!
那是你自己的想法,皮特!我们需要投入到研究中去!我现在就开始!
Hey Anna, you forgot your baby!
嘿,安娜,你忘了你的宝宝!
Come to mama!
到妈妈这里来!
Good girl! Good girl!
好孩子!好孩子!
Singular reflexive pronouns end in "self." Plural ones end in "selves."
单数反身代词以“self”结尾。复数反身代词以“selves”结尾。
Anna says, "We need to throw ourselves into the research!"
安娜说,“我们需要投入到研究中去!”
The subject "we" is plural. So, we must use the plural reflexive pronoun "ourselves."
主语“we”是复数。所以,我们必须使用复数反身代词“ourselves”。
This is hard! I hope Pete is not doing well. I really need that vacation day!
这太难了!我希望皮特表现得不好。我真的很需要那一天假期!
We will all see how Pete is doing in the next episode.
我们将在下一集中看到皮特的表现。
We'll also learn when not to use reflexive pronouns.
我们还将学习何时不使用反身代词。