手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第12节:快跑! 蜜蜂来了! Run! Bees!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Wow. Did you know that bees are dying?

哇。你知道蜜蜂快要消失了吗?

That is bad news. If all the bees died, there would be no food. Bees are very important.

这是个坏消息。如果所有的蜜蜂都死了,就没有食物了。蜜蜂是非常重要的。

Yes, they are. Speaking of bees, one of our little friends is here now.

是的,它们很重要。说到蜜蜂,一只蜜蜂现在就在这里。

You know, Anna, if you ignore it, it will fly away. But if you swat it, it might sting you.

你知道,安娜,如果你不理它,它就会飞走。但是如果你拍打它,它可能会蛰你。

I'll ignore it. I can ignore it. See, I'm ignoring it.

我会不理它的。我可以不理它。看,我在不理它。

Anna, are you afraid of bees?

安娜,你怕蜜蜂吗?

What makes you say that?

你为什么这么说?

Anna, you should call my friend, Caroline. She is a beekeeper and a bee educator.

安娜,你应该给我的朋友卡罗琳打个电话。她是一名养蜂人,也是一名蜜蜂教育家。

If you talk to her, she'll probably help you get over your fear of bees.

如果你和她谈谈,她可能会帮你克服对蜜蜂的恐惧。

I am not afraid of bees.

我不怕蜜蜂。

Here's her card.

这是她的名片。

Ahhh!

啊!

In this lesson, you can learn about conditionals. They have "if" and "will" or "would."

在本节课中,你们会学习条件句。条件句中含有“if”和“will”或“would”。

There are two kinds of conditional sentences in this lesson.

本节课有两种条件句。

Type 1 conditionals have a real event, and a result that probably will happen. Chances are good. Here is the pattern:

类型1条件句表示一个真实的事件,一个可能会发生的结果。可能性很大。句型是:

If+present tense verb...will + future tense verb.

If+动词的现在时……will+动词的将来时。

Kaveh uses this when he says: "If you ignore it, it will fly away."

卡维用这种句型说:“如果你不理它,它就会飞走。”

Type 2 conditionals have a possible event and a result that may or may not happen. We don't know. Here is the pattern:

类型2条件句表示一个可能的事件和一个可能会发生或可能不会发生的结果。我们不知道。句型是:

If + past tense verb...would + infinitive verb.

If+动词的过去式……would+动词不定式。

Kaveh uses this pattern when he says, "If all the bees died, there would be no food."

卡维用这种句型说,“如果所有蜜蜂都死了,就没有食物了。”

Look for the "if" in a sentence to find more conditionals in today's lesson. I'll color them, too!

在今天的课程中,寻找句子中的“if”来找到更多的条件句。我也会给它们加上颜色!

I think I'm at the wrong address. This does not look like a place where bees are kept.

我想我找错地址了。这里看起来不像是养蜜蜂的地方。

Oh, sorry to bother you. I'm looking for beekeeper Caroline.

哦,抱歉打扰你了。我在找养蜂人卡罗琳。

I'm here to take her "Learn to Love Bees!" class.

我是来上她的“学会爱蜜蜂!”的课的。

You're in the right place! I'm Caroline!

你找对地方了!我是卡罗琳!

Oh, nice to meet you! Um, Caroline, I thought this class used real bees and real hives.

哦,很高兴见到你!呃,卡罗琳,我以为这节课用的是真正的蜜蜂和真正的蜂巢。

It does! If you look in my backyard, you will see my bees! I'm a home beekeeper!

是的!如果你去我的后院看看,你会看到我的蜜蜂!我是家庭养蜂人!

What? You live with bees? That is really amazing! And at the same time really scary.

什么?你和蜜蜂住在一起?真是令人惊叹!同时也真的很可怕。

It's not scary. If you come, I'll show you.

这并不可怕。如果你来,我会带你去看。

Caroline, how many bees are in that hive?

卡罗琳,那个蜂箱里有多少只蜜蜂?

About 30,000 in each.

每个蜂箱大约有3万只。

What? That's amazing! But, aren't you afraid that they are gonna come out and kill you?

什么?太令人惊叹!但是,你不怕它们飞出来杀了你吗?

Not at all, Anna. Even my children help me. Tell me, why are you afraid of bees?

一点也不害怕,安娜。甚至我的孩子们也帮助我。告诉我,你为什么害怕蜜蜂?

I don't know. Well, when I was a little girl my mom ran out of honey.

我不知道。我小的时候,我妈妈用完了蜂蜜。

And I really wanted honey for my pancakes.

而我真的很想在我的薄饼上加蜂蜜。

So, I climbed high into a tree and hit a beehive with a stick...several times.

所以,我爬到一棵树上,用棍子打了一个蜂巢……好几次。

Then I reached inside with my bare hands to pull the honey out. That's when I got stung...a lot.

然后我徒手伸进蜂巢里把蜂蜜取出来。我就是那个时候被蜇了……很多。

Caroline, if you hit a beehive with a stick and reach inside, you might get stung.

卡罗琳,如果你用棍子打蜂箱,然后伸手进去,你可能会被蜇。

No, Anna. If you do those things, you will get stung.

不,安娜。如果你做那些事,你会被蜇的。

Yes. I did.

是的。我做了那些事。

And you know that it was your fault you got stung, don't you?

你知道你被蜇是你的错,不是吗?

Yes. I did.

是的。我知道。

Bees know your feelings. And if you stay calm, the bees will be calm.

蜜蜂知道你的感受。如果你保持冷静,蜜蜂也会冷静。

If you're nervous, the bees will be nervous.

如果你紧张,蜜蜂也会紧张。

And if bees are nervous, they may sting. So, please be calm.

如果蜜蜂紧张,它们可能会蜇人。所以,请保持冷静。

I will be calm. I am calm. Okay, I'm ready. I'm ready

我会冷静的。我很冷静。好吧,我准备好了。我准备好了。

Great. Let's get our equipment on.

太棒了。让我们穿上我们的装备。

Wait! Wait! I'm not ready! I'm nervous! Give me a minute to be calm.

等等!等等!我还没准备好!我很紧张!给我一分钟冷静一下。

Are you ready for one more conditional sentence?

你们准备好再听一个条件句了吗?

If you are not afraid, you will join us next time to learn more about bees!

如果你们不怕,下次就和我们一起学习更多关于蜜蜂的知识吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
ignore [ig'nɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 不顾,不理,忽视

联想记忆
conditional [kən'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 有条件的,假定的,假设的 n. [语]条件句

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
sting [stiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 刺痛刺,讽刺
vt. 刺痛,使苦恼,欺诈

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
pattern ['pætən]

想一想再看

n. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型
v. 以图案

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。