手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第6节:鸭子船能浮在水面上吗? Will It Float?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Anna, thanks for taking me on a tour of D.C. today.

安娜,谢谢你今天带我游览华盛顿。

Sure thing, Penelope. You are new to town. And a tour is the best way to see more of the city!

不客气,佩内洛普。你刚到这座城市。游览是更多地了解这座城市的最好方式!

So, which tour are we taking--the one that goes through the city on a bus? Or the one that goes along the river in a boat?

那么,我们要乘坐哪种交通工具去游览呢?坐观光巴士穿行于整座城市还是乘船沿河而行?

Both!

两种都有!

What? Anna, this isn't going to be one of those trips, is it?

什么?安娜,难道不是其中一种吗?

No. Follow me.

不是的。跟我来。

In this lesson, you are going to hear lots of prepositions!

本节课,你将会听到很多介词!

What's a preposition, you ask? It's a word that shows relationships between things.

你会问,什么是介词?介词是用来表示事物之间关系的词。

Anna says they are going on a tour through the city and along the river.

安娜说她们要穿行于整座城市和沿河而行。

"Through" and "along" are both prepositions. Watch for more!

“Through”和“along”都是介词。接着往下看吧!

Well, Penelope, there's our ride!

佩内洛普,我们的车来了!

What is it?

它是什么?

It's the famous DC Ducks--the boat with wheels! We will ride on the road and then sail on the water!

这就是著名的华盛顿鸭子船——有轮子的船!我们将会在公路上行驶穿梭,然后在水上航行!

Who thinks of these things?

这些东西是谁想出来的?

I don't know. But I'm glad they do! Let’s get aboard, Sailor!

我不知道。但我很高兴他们想出来了!我们上船吧,水手!

Hey, did you know that this bus…um, boat was created during World War II to carry people and supplies?

嘿,你知道这辆巴士……嗯,船是在第二次世界大战期间造的,用来运送人和物资的吗?

Wow. You know, a tour is so much more interesting with Fun Facts, like that one.

哇。你知道,旅行中可以听到奇闻趣事会有趣得多。比如你刚才讲的那个趣事。

I agree. I love Fun Facts!

我同意。我喜欢奇闻趣事!

Did I hear you say you love Fun Facts?

我听到你们说你们喜欢奇闻趣事?

Yeah. Yeah.

是的。是的。

Well, I have tons of Fun Facts for this tour!

我为这次旅行准备了大量奇闻趣事!

Great!

太棒了!

Penelope, where are his parents?

佩内洛普,他的父母在哪里?

Maybe, maybe he's the Captain's son and he helps his dad on tours!

也许,也许他是船长的儿子,他在船上帮助他爸爸!

Oh yeah! It would be so awesome to ride around the city in a boat all day with your dad!

哦,是的!如果和你爸爸整天坐着船在这座城市里游逛一定很棒!

This is amazing, Anna. There are so many beautiful buildings along this road!

太棒了,安娜。沿着这条路有这么多漂亮的建筑!

Hey, the Washington Monument is on the left!

嘿,华盛顿纪念碑在左边!

I have a Fun Fact too! Did you know that the Washington Monument was damaged in an earthquake? Whoa. Did you feel that?

我也有一个趣事!你知道华盛顿纪念碑在地震中受损了吗?哇。你感觉到了吗?

I heard "around the city in a boat," "along this road" and "on the left."

我听到“around the city in a boat”、“along this road”和“on the left”。

All of these are prepositions showing place. Let's watch for more places and prepositions!

所有这些都是表示地点的介词。让我们来看更多的地方和介词吧!

Look, Anna, we're across from the White House!

看,安娜,我们在白宫对面!

Penelope, the only thing between us and the President is the street…and a park…and a security gate…and police officers…with guns.

佩内洛普,我们和总统之间只隔着一条街……一个公园……一道安全门……和佩戴枪支的警察。

Excuse me, do you want to know a Fun Fact about the White House?

打扰一下,你们想知道一个关于白宫的趣事吗?

Yes!

是的!

Inside the White House there is a swimming pool, a movie theater and 32 bathrooms!

白宫里面有一个游泳池、一个电影院和32间浴室!

32 bathrooms! That's a lot of bathrooms!

32间浴室!浴室真多啊!

I'd be happy with two. I live in a house with my mom, four sisters, two aunts and only one bathroom!

如果我家有两间浴室我就很高兴了。我和我妈妈、四个姐妹、两个阿姨住在一栋只有一间浴室的房子里!

Oh my! You know, Anna, we should give him a tip!

哦,天啊!你知道,安娜,我们应该给他小费!

Of course! It is polite to tip your tour guide! Luckily, I have lots of dollar bills!

当然!给导游小费是有礼貌的!幸运的是,我有很多美元钞票!

That was a great Fun Fact! Here you go!

那是一个非常棒的趣事!给你!

Thank you! I can tell you Fun Facts all day!

谢谢!我可以一整天都给你们讲趣事!

Did you hear any more prepositions of place?

你还听到哪些地点介词了呢?

I heard "between us and the president", “inside the White House" and "in a house."

我听到了“between us and the president”、“inside the White House”和“in a house”。

And did you hear that the Duck Boat can go on the river?

你听到鸭子船可以在河上航行了吗?

I don't believe it. Join us next time to find out which preposition we will use:

我不相信。下次接着找我们将会使用的介词:

The boat went ON the river or The boat went INTO the river?

The boat went ON the river还是The boat went INTO the river?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
preposition [.prepə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 介词

联想记忆
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 
earthquake ['ə:θkweik]

想一想再看

n. 地震

 
sailor ['seilə]

想一想再看

n. 海员,水手,扁平的硬边草帽

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。