This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Alice Bryant.
这里是《每日语法》节目。我是爱丽丝·布莱恩特。
Can you think of something recent that you regret doing or not doing? I can.
你能想到最近你后悔做过或没有做过的事情吗?我能。
Today, for example, I left my clothes outside to dry all day.
比如今天,我把衣服晾在外面一整天。
At first, it was sunny.
起初,天气晴朗。
But then, it started pouring and the clothes got soaked.
但后来,天开始下大雨,衣服都湿透了。
I should have taken the clothes down sooner.
我本应该早点把晾晒的衣服收起来的。
We use the phrase "I should have" to say that something did not happen but we wish it had happened.
我们用短语“I should have”来表示某事没有发生,但我们希望它发生了。
We can use this phrase to talk about almost any kind of regret, big or small.
我们可以用这个短语来谈论几乎任何一种或大或小的遗憾。
The structure goes like this: I should have + past participle.
结构是:I should have+过去分词。
I used the past participle form of the verb "take", which is "taken".
我用了动词take的过去分词taken。
Listen to this speaker use the phrase"I should have" and note the past participle that comes after:
听下面这位说话者使用短语“I should have”,并注意其后面的过去分词:
I was late for work today. I should have gotten up earlier.
我今天上班迟到了。我本应该早点起床的。
Did you catch the past participle?
你听到过去分词了吗?
It was "gotten up" from the verb "get up".
它是动词get up的过去分词gotten up。
We can also use the negative form"I should not have" to express the same general idea, like this:
我们也可以用否定形式“I should not have”来表达同样的意思,比如:
I should not have slept so late.
我本不应该睡那么晚的。
And I should not have left my clothes outside all day.
我本不应该把衣服晾在外面一整天的。
Well, better luck next time!
好吧,希望下次运气好一些!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。