This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Alice Bryant.
这里是《每日语法》节目。我是爱丽丝·布莱恩特。
You have probably heard native English speakers say things like, "I'm going to school."
你可能听过以英语为母语的人说过这样的话:“I'm going to school.”
But why don't they say, "I'm going to home"?
但他们为什么不说“I'm going to home”呢?
The answer has to do with the verb "go" and place adverbs.
答案与动词“go”和地点副词有关。
Listen to this speaker use the word "home":
请听下面这个说话者在句子中是如何用“home”这个词的:
I'm going home in about 20 minutes. See you there.
我大约20分钟后回家。到时见。
Here, "home" acts as an adverb, not a noun.
在这句话中,“home”充当的是副词,而不是名词。
After the verb "go" and before some adverbs of place, we omit the preposition "to".
在动词“go”之后和一些地点副词之前,我们省略了介词“to”。
The words "downstairs" and "upstairs" are other examples.
单词“downstairs(楼下)”和“upstairs(楼上)”是另外两个例子。
They describe locations inside a home or building.
它们描述的是房屋或建筑物内部的位置。
Listen to how this speaker uses one of them with the verb "go":
听一听这位说话者是如何将这两个单词中的一个与动词“go”连用的:
Great, let's go upstairs! The meeting is on the 2nd Floor.
太好了,我们上楼吧!会议在二楼举行。
Other adverbs that follow this pattern include there and somewhere.
其他遵循这种模式的副词包括“there”和“somewhere”。
Listen to these speakers and note the word "to" does not appear after "go".
听这些说话者说的话,注意单词“to”没有出现在“go”的后面。
I hate staying home! I want to go somewhere fun.
我讨厌待在家里!我想去好玩的地方。
How about the park? I'm going there for a walk later.
公园怎么样?我待会儿要去那里散步。
It's also worth noting that we use this pattern with verbs other than "go".
同样值得注意的是,除了go,其他动词也可用这种模式。
For example, with the verb "run", I would say, "I have to run downtown" rather than "I have to run to downtown."
例如,用动词“run”,我会说,“I have to run downtown”,而不会说“I have to run to downtown”。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。